IRS GT4 Championship - Season 4 Champions - R1600Turbo and GentlemanRacing

Read people. He said STARTING MONDAY. No where in the post does he say you have to commit to a choice on Monday and Monday only. That is just when he is opening up the options for people to START making their commitments. As it's said, "first come first serve".

Thanks for the words @Whitey093. I think I will be able to make the McLaren competitive this next season. For my driving style I got rid of the out of corner understeer by putting brake bias +1 to the front of the car. Once the car is planted at apex I can throttle out pretty well with almost no worries of understeer. So with that in mind it should do pretty well for me this season. PLUS I have tequila making my car go faster. LOL

Read people. He said STARTING MONDAY. No where in the post does he say you have to commit to a choice on Monday and Monday only. That is just when he is opening up the options for people to START making their commitments. As it's said, "first come first serve".

Thanks for the words @Whitey093. I think I will be able to make the McLaren competitive this next season. For my driving style I got rid of the out of corner understeer by putting brake bias +1 to the front of the car. Once the car is planted at apex I can throttle out pretty well with almost no worries of understeer. So with that in mind it should do pretty well for me this season. PLUS I have tequila making my car go faster. LOL
We all know the cars will be picked up within the first few days. Let's be realistic. Might as well start the season once everyone picks their cars because it's certainly gonna happen before May 18th. Might get us started that much sooner.

This is correct. Thank you.

Can you explain why this reads in a way that projects a negative tone?
Not sure, that's on you. I said forced because we all know it's first come first serve and people will fill up car slots right away. And it makes no sense because we still have many weeks of testing before people will finalize their decisions. This is forcing people to expedite their decision and some may not be fully prepared for that. I'd still like to test the Aston and another car with these Monday tests but now there's no point. I have to make a decision as early as possible to have a chance at getting the car I maybe think is the right one. I'm sorry if this sounds negative, this is a stream of consciousness post. Just getting information out of my head as quickly as possible.

16 cars with 3 available per make.

That is 48 cars available to 16 drivers or less. Some are more popular than others but I feel confident that people will get the car they want.

We have had a few people show up to the tests to actually try out the cars and you still have 5 days to try them on your own.

Evrything will be okay.

Let's hope so. Driving on your own isn't as informative as a race setting, so there's that. I feel like if I ask nicely for people to leave an Aston and Hyundai available in case I want one will make people choose them on purpose just because. :P

Not sure, that's on you. I said forced because we all know it's first come first serve and people will fill up car slots right away. And it makes no sense because we still have many weeks of testing before people will finalize their decisions. This is forcing people to expedite their decision and some may not be fully prepared for that. I'd still like to test the Aston and another car with these Monday tests but now there's no point. I have to make a decision as early as possible to have a chance at getting the car I maybe think is the right one. I'm sorry if this sounds negative, this is a stream of consciousness post. Just getting information out of my head as quickly as possible.

I guess I raised the question because I have to opposite angle - I want to lock in my car as quickly as possible so I can use the testing focusing on how to get the most out of that car rather than go through all of testing planning on getting a certain car and then finding out I miss out on it at the end of the pre-season

Well, you could have shown up to more pre-season races or set one up yourself.
Talking about what could be done in the past doesn't affect the future so let's not get into a sci-fi discussion 👍

If you must know, I have two elderly parents at home and sometimes I can't make it to an informal race night. That's now my fault? Sorry?

To be honest I had my car chosen by the end of last season. Only took the practice sessions to make sure I didn't want to do something else.

Regardless, I doubt everybody will jump on the choices so early especially if they are trying to find something suitable. You are also welcome to test on your own time if need be.

Talking about what could be done in the past doesn't affect the future so let's not get into a sci-fi discussion 👍

If you must know, I have two elderly parents at home and sometimes I can't make it to an informal race night. That's now my fault? Sorry?

Making a complaint about the decision process being to early due to your lack of making said past test n tunes is also not helpful. Neither is making excuses on why you can't do something. You know your normal living situation and how to work around it if need be. So then you should know that no matter when he gave you time to choose it was up to you to make sure you are ready. Not him.

Kind of reminds me of "fill out the survey get a free exclusive supra gr4 car" and people complaining about not being able to buy the exclusive car.

I'm being realistic. When I set up a lobby on my own nobody shows up. Driving around by myself won't give me the information I need so I'm relying on these Monday nights to get as much data as possible. There's no point in beating around the bush anymore. Is what it is. I know nothing's gonna change.

I'm not going to pick my car until the last minute and I'm going to avoid cars that have been chosen so that'll help you get what you want. I could care less what I drive honestly, it really doesn't matter that much with these cars. You are the only person that seems to be super sensitive about cars not handling well. Everyone else adjusts to their cars and shows up.

I'm not going to pick my car until the last minute and I'm going to avoid cars that have been chosen so that'll help you get what you want. I could care less what I drive honestly, it really doesn't matter that much with these cars. You are the only person that seems to be super sensitive about cars not handling well. Everyone else adjusts to their cars and shows up.

bingo

I've never heard history or a lesson to be learned (for you in this case), as Sci Fi that's a pretty unique stretch of that term.

Yes it is, it surely is not there fault, sadly there is such thing as a balance of life. I would hope people of an old enough and mature level would know that. It is unfortunate that time is limited for you, but things shouldn't be tailor made to fit your random schedule. Even if you didn't outright suggest such it is implied.

Do you seriously stalk me all over this site? For years now at this point?

Yeah responding to a post of yours in several months constitutes stalking. I follow online series all over gtp and discord servers, and subsequently their threads. It has nothing to do with you

The fact that you still are and took the time to respond. Please stop following me.

Last edited:
Back