Is gt academy closed ?

• Thread starter Aknfrev
  • 17 comments
I dont see any activities for many years of gt academy. Is it closed or replaced with something ?
It ended in 2016, and none of the drivers who won still have professional contracts - but several still race (including the first winner, Lucas Ordonez, who now races powerboats).

There is nothing similar that has replaced it in Gran Turismo, although other things like Prodigy Racing League have sprung up elsewhere.

Last edited:
I want to be a real racer( like jann mardenborough ) how can i do that like the similar way ?
There is nothing similar that has replaced it in Gran Turismo, although other things like Prodigy Racing League have sprung up elsewhere.

No other gamer-to-racer competition pathways exist right now, though some racing game streamers (Jimmy Broadbent, Steve Brown) and professionals (Lucas Blakeley) are getting opportunities to race in the real world.

No other gamer-to-racer competition pathways exist right now, though some racing game streamers (Jimmy Broadbent, Steve Brown) and professionals (Lucas Blakeley) are getting opportunities to race in the real world.
So if i make videos i can be racer

So how can i be racer :)
Again, there's no clear pathway from racing games to actual motorsport. I don't really know what to tell you aside from what I've already told you.

It ended in 2016, and none of the drivers who won still have professional contracts - but several still race (including the first winner, Lucas Ordonez, who now races powerboats).

Thank you, I want to know the reason.

Back