Is the Eiger pit safe.

• Thread starter jigman5
  • 27 comments

jigman5

Premium
United States
longmont, colorado, usa
jigman5
After doing several races at the Eiger. Driving through the pit line looks very unsafe. Half of my pit crew standing right out in the middle of the lane. It looks like teammates could be seriously injured during pitstops.
SHARE_20240902_0650190.jpeg

I will no more drive in these tunnels without an security update! adding some new cars will be appreciated too...

Last edited:
I don’t think the Honda has a fuel cell.

Attachments

• IMG_5795.png
    IMG_5795.png
    720.3 KB · Views: 1
Speaking of pit safety, the pit exit on Sardegna A is comically dangerous. Just straight out onto the racing line

Last edited:
That pit lane is messed up. If I can, I'm avoiding it. I'll just have to make sure I have enough fuel to get through longer races.

EDIT: wait a freaking minute, this is a racing game and we're dealing with A.I.

Last edited:
I mean, what was the purpose of this, it's not dangerous if those guys are in a video game. Now it would be an issue in real life. Those walls and other material is well-built. Lol, ain't nobody gonna die in a racing game, trust me!

@jrbabbitt Yeah...

The Original Series Yes GIF by Star Trek

That does not look very safe. Is that the fuel tank squeezed next to the legs? :confused:

I believe the driver is sitting inside a horseshoe shaped fueltank in that Honda, as was common in most formula 1 cars of that era. It's also an aluminium tank, not a bladder. In fact it's a habit that made a comeback in the 1980s after refuelling was banned. John Barnard was more safety conscious than most designers of his era but still had Berger sitting inside a horseshoe shaped tank in his 1989 Ferrari... the one he had a fiery crash in.

They're all souless cyborgs without feelings, wants or needs. It doesn't matter.

(I'm joking, Skynet.)

Last edited:
On the plus side? If multiple cars come in you have to wait until each car finishes service up the pitlane. Guy in furthest box down gets an insane advantage. Or all of the pit crews are intangible.

They're all souless cyborgs without feelings, wants or needs. It doesn't matter.

(I'm joking, Skynet.)
Lol, Skynet. A.I. are supposed to be indestructible too. Like the Terminator was.

Back