Is the roulette ticket rigged?

• Thread starter Igaros
  • 29 comments
Germany
Germany
Why do i always get the worst price in the roulette ticket in GT7? I just got once half-a-million credits and some tuning parts, but im playing this game for months. Is there even a statistic that shows the chances or is it rigged?

Why do i always get the worst price in the roulette ticket in GT7? I just got once half-a-million credits and some tuning parts, but im playing this game for months. Is there even a statistic that shows the chances or is it rigged?
It's not "rigged" (rigging implies that whoever creates the 'game' benefits from the outcome going against the player, and that the player loses), but the outcome is entirely predetermined.

You won't always get the "worst" item on the ticket either, but you will pretty often.

Last edited:
Because the roulette is just an animation and not an indicator of the chance to win each of the prizes. It’s more similar to a lottery ticket.

The chance to win something other than the worst prize depends on how you define what the worst prize is, but it seems to be somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2.

6 star parts ticket today, daily marathon and I got this stroke up S for the delorean......yeah great I already had one. Would like to get a Ferrari Invitation but I just keep getting Porsche, and Lamborghini over and over again...at this point I just laugh.

Attachments

• 20221009_084230.jpg
    20221009_084230.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 22
Yes it's rigged. All the money you are paying for the tickets is going directly in Kaz's pocket to fund his pachinko addiction. Don't worry though. He has a system and you don't pay for the tickets.

It's a terrible mechanic that adds zero to the game. Nothing but some kind of weird gambling mechanic without actually putting money into it. And it needs to die.

I'm guessing either Polyphony or Sony wanted this in the game to monetise it. Either they planned to in 7 but dropped it, or plan to in the next GT perhaps, imo.

I just find roulettes in games in general absolutely abhorrent. It serves no purpose but a dopamine rush and targets people who are susceptible to gambling in general. Whether or not it's a free spin or paid for, it vehemently does not belong in a game that children can play.

Modern day gaming practices really get me annoyed sometimes.

Except nostalgia for GT3, which also had a prize roulette.

Although that one was random.
Random would be better than mostly fixed. Which is what that mechanic now is.

I'm just waiting for a GT game that monetises this. It would be very easily to implement. For example, buy roulette spins for £xx.xx from the section with the other microtransaction options.

Random would be better than mostly fixed.
I'm not sure it would - unless it also stopped placing some cars behind the roulette mechanism, as occurred in GT3 (and GT2's randomiser).
Which is what that mechanic now is.
Yeah, I've covered at length how it works on here.
I'm just waiting for a GT game that monetises this. It would be very easily to implement. For example, buy roulette spins for £xx.xx from the section with the other microtransaction options.
It seems unlikely to ever arrive. It would have been possible in GT5 and GT6, GT Sport had the mechanic but no monetisation, and despite the vast increase in microtransaction prices for GT7 it's not present there either.

The ability to pay money for "chance" items - even if you cannot specifically lose (by getting nothing) - is gambling. That'd shift GT's PEGI rating from 3 to 18+ and there's also a solid chance that it'd become straight-up banned across Europe (Belgium and Netherlands already lead the way on this; the UK made some good noises but then decided not to bother) and, under "complete gacha" regulations, Japan in the process.

I'm not sure it would - unless it also stopped placing some cars behind the roulette mechanism, as occurred in GT3 (and GT2's randomiser).

Yeah, I've covered at length how it works on here.

It seems unlikely to ever arrive. It would have been possible in GT5 and GT6, GT Sport had the mechanic but no monetisation, and despite the vast increase in microtransaction prices for GT7 it's not present there either.

The ability to pay money for "chance" items - even if you cannot specifically lose (by getting nothing) - is gambling. That'd shift GT's PEGI rating from 3 to 18+ and there's also a solid chance that it'd become straight-up banned across Europe (Belgium and Netherlands already lead the way on this; the UK made some good noises but then decided not to bother) and, under "complete gacha" regulations, Japan in the process.
Strangely enough, I believe they should make some elements of Gran Turismo 18+. But not for gambling reasons. More so for online racing reasons. However, this will never be implemented. Except for World Tours of course.

Do you believe GT7 should feature the roulette wheel? More specifically, do you feel it has a place in the current game or do you find it a chore and a time waster?

Last edited:
Strangely enough, I believe they should make some elements of Gran Turismo 18+. But not for gambling reasons. More so for online racing reasons. However, this will never be implemented. Except for World Tours of course.

Could you expand on what you mean about this?

Could you expand on what you mean about this?
Thought it was quite clear.

Online racing reasons. In that there seems to be many immature players playing sport mode and crashing people off. Even in higher lobbies. Maybe that would solve some of this issue.

In an ideal world 🌍

Thought it was quite clear.

Online racing reasons. In that there seems to be many immature players playing sport mode and crashing people off. Even in higher lobbies. Maybe that would solve some of this issue.

In an ideal world 🌍

While I see the point you're making I don't agree with it. The average age of a gamer is 35. Those immature players crashing people off are almost certainly already adults.

It would also be almost impossible to police. Games are age rated by ratings boards based on content. If a developer/publisher wanted to restrictions online to 18+ only then they'd have to use the PSN date of birth, which people can just lie about.

I just find roulettes in games in general absolutely abhorrent. It serves no purpose but a dopamine rush and targets people who are susceptible to gambling in general. Whether or not it's a free spin or paid for, it vehemently does not belong in a game that children can play.
Free-only loot boxes/spins are something that is unregulated (and I don't know if it's regulatable).

I'm guessing either Polyphony or Sony wanted this in the game to monetise it. Either they planned to in 7 but dropped it, or plan to in the next GT perhaps, imo.
Earlier, I suggested that the Extra Books might be some sort of paid loot boxes by proxy.

While I see the point you're making I don't agree with it. The average age of a gamer is 35. Those immature players crashing people off are almost certainly already adults.

It would also be almost impossible to police. Games are age rated by ratings boards based on content. If a developer/publisher wanted to restrictions online to 18+ only then they'd have to use the PSN date of birth, which people can just lie about.
I know of all these facts already.

Question is, what's the average age of a Gran Turismo 7 player? Seeing as it's mostly children who are bought consoles from their parents these days, with obviously a portion of the grand total of players being adults and buying their own, as a combined total.

Would it not be beyond the realms of possiblity that the average ramming player is young, overly hot tempered and immature?

In my opinion, that's a firm yes 👍

6 star parts ticket today, daily marathon and I got this stroke up S for the delorean......yeah great I already had one. Would like to get a Ferrari Invitation but I just keep getting Porsche, and Lamborghini over and over again...at this point I just laugh.
Had another one of those really good laughs this morning..........REALLY!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20221020_100121.jpg
    20221020_100121.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 17
I got the Volkswagen IDR last week and 500,000 the next day. Usually **** though.

I missed the engine glitch. Gutted. I have a few v8s got the roadster shop rampage today for delorean. Also have the new civic engine. I wish we could swap them between users.

Last edited:
It shoudn't be too hard implementing some kind of "bad luck prevention" to adjust the odds to favour cars, motors, parts or invitations the player doesn't already have.

Even ****ing Animal Crossing manages to do something similar for the few RNG elements that game has!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the last 3 months I’ve been doing the Le Mans 30 min race as my daily marathon to get a roulette ticket. In the hope of getting a Lamborghini invite so that I can get the last car I need from brand central . I have only seen it come up once in that time and that was when all the prizes were invites , but what I got was a duplicate invite for Porsche. I just wish there were more chances to get tickets for invites.
Today there was an invite on offer which I won for Bugatti I would of been happy to get the 5,000 credits it offered instead.

For the last 3 months I’ve been doing the Le Mans 30 min race as my daily marathon to get a roulette ticket. In the hope of getting a Lamborghini invite so that I can get the last car I need from brand central . I have only seen it come up once in that time and that was when all the prizes were invites , but what I got was a duplicate invite for Porsche. I just wish there were more chances to get tickets for invites.
Today there was an invite on offer which I won for Bugatti I would of been happy to get the 5,000 credits it offered instead.
Along with Porsche, Lambo is the only other invite I have got recently "multiple times" sometimes while already having a active invite to that brand. Today, after having played this game since its release, I finally got a set of Titanium connecting rods and pistons, wasn't sure if they actually existed. So there is a false sense of hope Haha.

I have a very silly and simple technique to not be frustrated by the lottery: I just close my eyes and don't look at the prizes. I wait for the spin to end, and just see what I "won", and not what I "lost". This works for me and makes it much less annoying (although I agree that it is generally a bad system, like everyone else has said).

Would not a good smart way to monetize roulette tickets with fixed prizes be, to buy the tickets, whether they be engine tickets, parts tickets or money tickets with in game credits only and not real money.

OR. Provide us with more events more often with tickets with engine or parts prizes so that it is no longer a rarity to wait for Login bonus prize tickets, daily milage or waiting a month until prizes are available from new cafe menu stories / chapters.

The latter currently seems to be the only way to get an engine ticket or parts tickets. All you get is money more often than prizes winning current game events in my experience. Make the events say that a engine or parts ticket can be earned in said event.

Last edited:
I understand that the prizes for each ticket are not randomly awarded... but how does the game decide which star level ticket to award for each marathon?

Is that also from a predetermined list or is it linked to Collector Level for example?

I understand that the prizes for each ticket are not randomly awarded... but how does the game decide which star level ticket to award for each marathon?

Is that also from a predetermined list or is it linked to Collector Level for example?
I don't know the exact thresholds, but the higher your CL, the higher chance of getting more stars. At max CL, you no longer get one or two star tickets, for instance.

I don't know the exact thresholds, but the higher your CL, the higher chance of getting more stars. At max CL, you no longer get one or two star tickets, for instance.
Ah that makes sense. I'm level 42 or 43 I think and I haven't seen anything lower than a 3 for quite a while.

I did get a 6 star with a 1 million payout recently though, and a Porsche VGT not long after.

5-6 star tickets seems to give me some decent stuff, I've received a LS7 engine for BRZ drift car and a few other goodies.
3-4 stars would give me low amount of credits or a tuning part for a car I don't own lol

1st day of the holiday gifts, 1st gift, 6 star parts ticket, guess what I got...........my 3rd.....yes 3rd stroke up s for a DeLorean S2 from a 6 star parts ticket. They are definitely f'in with me at this point and yeah definitely not random because If they were should have either won the lottery by now or got struck by lightning. Would be curious to see what other people got from theirs.

1st day of the holiday gifts, 1st gift, 6 star parts ticket, guess what I got...........my 3rd.....yes 3rd stroke up s for a DeLorean S2 from a 6 star parts ticket. They are definitely f'in with me at this point and yeah definitely not random because If they were should have either won the lottery by now or got struck by lightning. Would be curious to see what other people got from theirs.
Hellcat stage 5 weight reduction worth 120.000 cr., a part I didn't have before.
I'm ok with this although I possibly won't ever use it.

Back