Isle of Man circuit

• Thread starter Mr Fox
  • 36 comments
All I'm saying is that it's been my primary issue. It's why I've been personally opposed to such courses. Doesn't mean that I have no taste in racing or whatever. You want to see this track in the game? Fine by me. Just don't get on me like I'm no racing fan. All of this has just been my natural opposition to these tracks, especially many more of them. Only real long course I like and don't mind racing is Le Mans. This is because this is a track that I've mastered and enjoy racing.

So that's all I've been saying. I've had my issues with extremely long courses. Oh, and reconsider any bashing of me.

The reason why I like long road courses like the Nordschleife or Isle of Man circuit is because when I'm doing a quick race, I find it more interesting to do one lap of a course where the scenery never repeats, as opposed to 3-5 laps of the same thing over and over again.

I would also love to see the Targe Floria included, and that was 250miles long. Just think about that for a minute ;) It won't happen, but my lord I'd love to drive virtually around the Sicilian mount roads, as I'm never likely to do it for real.
Eh? I dont think they ever did. I think the longest was one of the early tracks at just under 100 miles.

Why not the 44 mile Piccolo Madonie used from 1951 to 1977 (the last year of the event)? That is the circuit the great 60s prototypes raced on. The prototypes did 30 minute laps, about 4 times the time length of a nordschleife lap. I suggested it onto Jim Power's course wishlist ages ago.

I would love to see some more longer tracks in the game, perhaps including historical versions of current tracks, such as Spa and Hockenheim. (If you've ever driven Spa in Grand Prix Legends, then you know what I'm talkin' about.) I've thoroughly enjoyed LeMans and Nurburgring in GT4, although at first, I was a bit of the same mind as JohnBM01, as in Why do I have to do this???!!!!?!

Learn the track with slow cars, move up to fast ones. You can't do it with a fast car trying to drive slowly enough. There's just not enough discipline on the throttle in any of us.

I have TT Superbikes and have hated it, set it aside. Not so much because I don't like its controls, but because I can't stand to look at it. Spoiled by GT and TT graphics. A chance to ride or drive it in GT quality would be very welcome.

Why is either/or an issue? Why not both Spa and IoMTT?

I'm no fan of the 'Ring, but it has grown on me, and it's an interesting feeling to know that you know the 'Ring and could happily visit it in real life and know where you were (in fact my brother has just bought GT4 in order to learn the 'Ring before he takes his Atom there next summer).

IoMTT is a similar prospect.

From reading your posts for the couple of years I've been aboard, and from the few actual conversations we've had in threads, I've always, um, believed we could get along famously were we to meet, even though I'm marginally older than you and you're marginally brighter than me. (If they're the same margins, I'm about as good as a well-trained collie next to you!) Not to mention residents of separate continents.

Now, though, I discover that your brother has an Atom!!!! I'm afraid I could never have an honest friendship now, I would only be using you to get to your brother. To quote Luther Vandross (albeit slightly out of context,) It's over now. :guilty:

I'm afraid I actually have nothing to offer your brother, either, beyond my highly competent understanding of The 'Ring, which my current avatar amply demonstrates. :)

Eh? I dont think they ever did. I think the longest was one of the early tracks at just under 100 miles...

I've done a bit of digging and it turns out that in 1906 (which was the Targa's first year) one full circuit was only 92miles. After 1907 it was upped to a massive 628 miles, but it was a one lap race. The race was cancelled for WW1, but in 1919 it was reborn with a lap length of 67 miles.

I've attached the link with this information on if you fancy a read. There are three maps at the end of the page, which show the circuits route.

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/floria.htm

i'd also like that track in sicily. Same sort of thing, only I can't remember the name.

***EDIT*** - It's called the Targa Florio

Back