I've been selected to preview F1 2011 and ask questions!!!F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter wills2084
  • 85 comments
Does 2010 have realistic physics or arcade physics? And what will 2011 be under these categories? I haven't played F1 yet

ARCADE!!!! There's no force feedback, the braking distances are 200 meters. Real F1 cars stop in 60 meters. LOL

It doesnt feel like your driving a car at all. Its all mucked up. The lap times are replicated in a test drive sort of manner, the tracks look like the tracks & thats about it. :sly:

You know how in the old Test Drive series how the storyline was all cool, and the actual performance of the cars was similar? Yet it didnt feel ANYTHING LIKE a real car? Thats how F1 2010 is. Its good fun if you like to just play (I have been since PSN has been down.)

But as for a driving sim you need whats called a physics engine. F1 2010 had a weather engine but no physics it seems.

ARCADE!!!! There's no force feedback, the braking distances are 200 meters. Real F1 cars stop in 60 meters. LOL

It doesnt feel like your driving a car at all. Its all mucked up. The lap times are replicated in a test drive sort of manner, the tracks look like the tracks & thats about it. :sly:

You know how in the old Test Drive series how the storyline was all cool, and the actual performance of the cars was similar? Yet it didnt feel ANYTHING LIKE a real car? Thats how F1 2010 is. Its good fun if you like to just play (I have been since PSN has been down.)

But as for a driving sim you need whats called a physics engine. F1 2010 had a weather engine but no physics it seems.

Are you being serious? :odd:

First of all I still play F1 2010 and enjoy it. I'm 2nd season with Lotus on EXPERT. Since PSN is down there's little else to do but enjoy the career mode of this game, the interesting story line similar to what Test Drive Series had.

The typical GTP fare that doesn't make any sense..that kind of enthusiastic poster? :dopey:
IF your illiterate I cant help it.

Ad hominen style attacks are useless in a real debate.

If you want games to improve you have to address the real problems.....Namely, F1 2010 feeling like TEST DRIVE, with no wheel feedback and braking distances twice as long as real life. 💡

Its not something thats ever mentioned....When you slide you cant counter steer, all you do is stomp the brakes. :sly: thats seriously F-d up. In fact stomping the brakes corrects ANY slide at all at any speed (prooves there's no physics in the game). Its like a pig growing wings and soaring off.

In F1 2010 You can rear end other cars going 30 mph faster with NO DAMAGE with damage turned on FULL. You can side swipe impact walls going 120+ mph without knocking the car out of balance, no effect whatsoever, damage on FULL. When you turn into the pits the car teleports turns at what looks like 30 lateral Gs. (No physics) if there was the car would spin when entering the pits at high speed.

The AI cars teleport ahead at Catulunya. Try driving with simulation on FULL and see how fast they are in sector 2. They take off like their in a tractor beam. In an environment with physical laws programmed in they could not do that because of things like aerodynamic drag, gravity. :sly:

I REALLY have to agree on braking distances, especially in rain

They're horrible and completely unrealistic, yet the lap times still add up

wtf?

First of all I still play F1 2010 and enjoy it. I'm 2nd season with Lotus on EXPERT. Since PSN is down there's little else to do but enjoy the career mode of this game, the interesting story line similar to what Test Drive Series had.

IF your illiterate I cant help it.

Ad hominen style attacks are useless in a real debate.

If you want games to improve you have to address the real problems.....Namely, F1 2010 feeling like TEST DRIVE, with no wheel feedback and braking distances twice as long as real life. 💡

Its not something thats ever mentioned....When you slide you cant counter steer, all you do is stomp the brakes. :sly: thats seriously F-d up. In fact stomping the brakes corrects ANY slide at all at any speed (prooves there's no physics in the game). Its like a pig growing wings and soaring off.

In F1 2010 You can rear end other cars going 30 mph faster with NO DAMAGE with damage turned on FULL. You can side swipe impact walls going 120+ mph without knocking the car out of balance, no effect whatsoever, damage on FULL. When you turn into the pits the car teleports turns at what looks like 30 lateral Gs. (No physics) if there was the car would spin when entering the pits at high speed.

The AI cars teleport ahead at Catulunya. Try driving with simulation on FULL and see how fast they are in sector 2. They take off like their in a tractor beam. In an environment with physical laws programmed in they could not do that because of things like aerodynamic drag, gravity. :sly:

I want you to re-read that before accusing me of or suggesting that I might be illiterate.

As for everything you're claiming...I've never experienced any of it, and that's before modding.

I REALLY have to agree on braking distances, especially in rain

wtf?
Its totally F-d up. :sly: I do enjoy the game, but it has very little realism apart from the track layouts & lap times. Everything is off and mis calculated.

And....if somebody cant make specific refutes than I have to assume they do not read English. My points are spot on. I've played the game alot.

The way they act one would think they work for codemasters. ;)

Its totally F-d up. :sly: I do enjoy the game, but it has very little realism apart from the track layouts & lap times. Everything is off and mis calculated.

And....if somebody cant make specific refutes than I have to assume they do not read English. My points are spot on. I've played the game alot.

The way they act one would think they work for codemasters. ;)

And because you've played this game a lot that qualifies you to assume, neigh, presume the game is unrealistic, and there are no 'physics' - whatever the hell that means?

Question: Have you, personally, driven an F1 chassis and then proceeded to lose grip able to countersteer with sheer ease? Because I can think of at least 12 scenarios where when the grip threshold was exceeded counter-steering just resulted in snap oversteer. But...what do I know right? I can't read English...

Because I can think of at least 12 scenarios where when the grip threshold was exceeded counter-steering just resulted in snap oversteer. But...what do I know right? I can't read English...
[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
You CANNOT counter steer in the game period. You cannot snap the car right after over-correcting the steering. Once the car slides all you can do is stomp the brake pedal and it corrects regardless of the situation. :sly: Thats F-d up. I've spun numerous times in real cars during the winter and guess What: Hitting the brake doesnt correct a slide.

But yes it helps arcade players regain control after sliding out.

You dont need to be a F1 driver to see that Test drive & F1 2010 have more in common than a real sim like i racing and F1 2010.

Need For Speed Shift is more realistic than F1 2010. There's no progressive loss of grip in F1 2010. It all goes away at once. And as somebody else said "the spin-out points are scripted." Great comment, spot on again. Just like the AI teleports away at Catulunya, its scripted and doesnt obey any physical characteristics. The car accelerates and brakes, corners at different levels from circuit to circuit. Its like your driving a diff type of race car at the different tracks.

The AI do as well, their ability varies dramatically from circuit to circuit. Valencia being another prime example. How come I pole every race in the Red Bull but cant at Valencia? WTF. Its like the AI's performance characteristics are different. But if shifts right back over again the next race.

Last edited:
You CANNOT counter steer in the game period. You cannot snap the car right after over-correcting the steering. Once the car slides all you can do is stomp the brake pedal and it corrects regardless of the situation. :sly: Thats F-d up. I've spun numerous times in real cars during the winter and guess What: Hitting the brake doesnt correct a slide.

But yes it helps arcade players regain control after sliding out.

You dont need to be a F1 driver to see that Test drive & F1 2010 have more in common than a real sim like i racing and F1 2010.

Need For Speed Shift is more realistic than F1 2010. There's no progressive loss of grip in F1 2010. It all goes away at once. And as somebody else said "the spin-out points are scripted." Great comment, spot on again. Just like the AI teleports away at Catulunya, its scripted and doesnt obey any physical characteristics. The car accelerates and brakes, corners at different levels from circuit to circuit. Its like your driving a diff type of race car at the different tracks.

The AI do as well, their ability varies dramatically from circuit to circuit. Valencia being another prime example. How come I pole every race in the Red Bull but cant at Valencia? WTF. Its like the AI's performance characteristics are different. But if shifts right back over again the next race.

I stopped reading after what's in bold.

This conversation is over.

Give a reason why F1 2010 is not less realistic than Shift....You provide no argument, no examples, no evidence....NOTHING. The car handling in F1 2010 is indeed less advanced than the Shift series....

And you expect your point to come across as fact without stating any proof at all whatsoever.

^I can counter-steer no problem in F1 2010, albeit usually I'm countering the slide before it happens because the Force Feedback is quite lacking especially on pads. But it is possible in the physics engine to counter steer and correct slides properly, you are just not given enough warning. Counter-steering when the slide has already started is nearly always too late.
There is an audio cue present in the game though when the car starts slipping which is very helpful though.

Also, I've found the AI pretty easy to beat at Valencia. Their braking points are way off and they never take the final sector flat out, which is possible in all of the cars. Guaranteed you will overtake 1 car every lap if you take that section flat out.
Only at Catalunya is the AI anywhere near unbeatable. Why can't you beat the AI in a Red Bull at Valencia? Well its not anything wrong with the AI....

Even with Catalunya, I don't think its a problem just with F1 2010, as Sony's F1:CE also featured pretty dominant AI at Catalunya, its clearly a layout which requires precision driving at high speed with no mistakes, it plays to all of the AI's strengths. Most games, the AI is always weak in braking zones but at Catalunya you don't gain much by braking later (which is partly why its also a terrible track for overtaking), so the AI doesn't lose as much to a player because they can gain so much time running the perfect lines and not dropping the car.

Last edited:
Also, I've found the AI pretty easy to beat at Valencia. Their braking points are way off and they never take the final sector flat out, which is possible in all of the cars. Guaranteed you will overtake 1 car every lap if you take that section flat out.
Only at Catalunya is the AI anywhere near unbeatable. Why can't you beat the AI in a Red Bull at Valencia? Well its not anything wrong with the AI....

Even with Catalunya, I don't think its a problem just with F1 2010, as Sony's F1:CE also featured pretty dominant AI at Catalunya, its clearly a layout which requires precision driving at high speed with no mistakes, it plays to all of the AI's strengths. Most games, the AI is always weak in braking zones but at Catalunya you don't gain much by braking later (which is partly why its also a terrible track for overtaking), so the AI doesn't lose as much to a player because they can gain so much time running the perfect lines and not dropping the car.
The AI is easy to beat at Valencia DURING THE RACE. But in quali they are 2 seconds a lap faster than they will be at the end of the race.

The Catalunya is hilarious in this game in sector 2. Do the AI suddenly have nearly twice the power going up the hill and down the straight, because thats what it looks like.

Or Codemasters mis-scripted sector 2 and forgot to "program" how fast to tell the AI to drive. They could drive light speed if programmed to. (cant in a game with physics, they would have to obey the laws of physics).

I gain ALL MY TIME in sector 3 through the tight turns at Catulunya, lol. :sly:

Go play F1:CE, you will find the same problem. This is not something Codemasters have done wrong. Even Shift 2 has slightly more difficult AI at Catalunya.

Yeah the Valencia qualy times seem fudged, but then I thought it was general knowledge that all the practice and qualifying timing in this game aren't real-time? Pretty much all of the times don't represent what the cars are actually doing on track. Its not really a problem in the end as you can beat them easily in the race.
Having said that I'm sure I've managed Pole at Valencia before, perhaps it was in the wet.

Pretty much all of the times don't represent what the cars are actually doing on track. Its not really a problem in the end as you can beat them easily in the race.
Having said that I'm sure I've managed Pole at Valencia before, perhaps it was in the wet.
On No aids, tire sim, fuel sim you cant....On a first year Red Bull/Ferrari unless it rains. In the dry no chance in hell.

This game is not even an outline of what a F1 game COULD be. The outline of a driving sim is the physics and car handling. The inside of the game is all the flashy graphics that this game has along with the other features.

F1 2010 is all talk and very little walk. But its still entertaining, I play it. I was very disappointed by the lack of questions on physics & realism aimed at Code-masters. All players want is this number or that driver. They dont care about the gameplay, kinda sad really.

The more realistic a game is the more fun. And no, a pure sim is not harder to drive then this game. It just costs more money to develop & takes more time. Thats why you didnt get a sim with this game. Its cheaper & more cost effective. Like fast food....Or frozen food in a restaurant that's warmed up & served. Less effort same profits, people wont know the difference. :sly:

Yes you can. I've beaten the AI at Valencia in both a Lotus and a Sauber now on my 7 year career. I fully expect to completely batter them now I'm at Ferrari.
I currently have 5 wins out of 5 races in my current season with Ferrari and while the AI has got the better of me in qualifying from time to time, they are nothing come race day. This is no aids, tyre sim and fuel sim and on Legendary AI.
Its perfectly possible to do it - all it requires is practice and a little work on setups. Nothing like trying to complete a license test in Gran Turismo or something. (not that difficulty is bad...but the point is this game is not that difficult, its not impossible) (also, I'm not suggesting GT is impossible either, just that F1 2010 is no where near that end of the difficulty spectrum)

For someone that has supposedly played the game so much, I'm surprised you can't beat them at Valencia on a dry race day. Valencia is one of several tracks where the AI is pretty weak (Montreal is the weakest of all).

You can quit with the constant paragraphs of trash talk on the game though, yeah we get it already, you think its unrealistic and terrible. We can read your 20 other posts repeating the same mantra. I don't know why you keep adding that to every post.

Yes you can. I've beaten the AI at Valencia in both a Lotus and a Sauber now on my 7 year career. I fully expect to completely batter them now I'm at Ferrari.
I currently have 5 wins out of 5 races in my current season with Ferrari and while the AI has got the better of me in qualifying from time to time, they are nothing come race day. This is no aids, tyre sim and fuel sim and on Legendary AI.
Its perfectly possible to do it - all it requires is practice and a little work on setups. Nothing like trying to complete a license test in Gran Turismo or something. (not that difficulty is bad...but the point is this game is not that difficult, its not impossible) (also, I'm not suggesting GT is impossible either, just that F1 2010 is no where near that end of the difficulty spectrum)

For someone that has supposedly played the game so much, I'm surprised you can't beat them at Valencia on a dry race day. Valencia is one of several tracks where the AI is pretty weak (Montreal is the weakest of all).

You can quit with the constant paragraphs of trash talk on the game though, yeah we get it already, you think its unrealistic and terrible. We can read your 20 other posts repeating the same mantra. I don't know why you keep adding that to every post.

Now you see why I ended the conversation the two of us were having before it even started.

Sounds just like PINION 6.

Yes you can. I've beaten the AI at Valencia in both a Lotus and a Sauber now on my 7 year career. .
On a fully dev. car during the race, not in quali. :sly:

If you say you get pole at Valencia in the Lotus with no TCS, legend AI I'm going to have to see a vid of that including you turning off the aids and putting it on legend....Because thats pretty damn good. I think my first season with Lotus was 22nd in quali and 6th in the race.

This games physics are "rubbish". Period. It has flashy graphics, setup screem, times, etc. But the times are fake & so are the car performances.

Terronium isnt part of the conversation because he has no points, examples, facts or anything to add to this. He's just like a Codemaster's minion troll.

Last edited:
ARCADE!!!! There's no force feedback,

There is more to simulation than force feedback. Granted, the force feedback is weak, but it's not a make or break situation.

Rich S
the braking distances are 200 meters. Real F1 cars stop in 60 meters. LOL

Real f1 cars can brake from top speed in just under 100 meters, in f1 2010, the most heaviest braking zones (even with no aids) required only just over 100 meters... Perhaps you just lack the talent. Or you exaggerate. Which one is it? You're very quick to put it down. Maybe you work for studio liverpool lol.

Rich S
It doesnt feel like your driving a car at all. Its all mucked up.

Sorry, I forgot that you have more experience driving prototype racing cars than Michael Schumacher. Sorry Rubens. Granted, I too would like a more complete simulation experience, and I hope they improve the depth of the simulation over time, but iirc, you are a fan of F1CE. Which was very arcardey.

Rich S
the tracks look like the tracks & thats about it. :sly:

What are your specific gripes with the tracks?

Rich S
Yet it didnt feel ANYTHING LIKE a real car?

Do you expect the F1 cars to behave like a "real" car? I only ask because you have no single seater experience, and they don't tend to handle like your average road car.

Rich S

Are you basing this purely on force feedback? I think Codemasters should also hire the likes of Nico Hulkenberg, Karun Chandok and Lucas digrassi to give a bit of feedback into the handling of recent f1 cars as Anthony Davidson hasn't driven a current F1 car. Obviously as Anthony has fewer commitments and works well with the team, plus he has the most experience of the lot (although less experience of winning) he should be in charge, but it would be nice to have some additional expertise.

I agree there is certainly room for improvement, and it will be interesting to see how well the pirellis are emulated and how well strategy can be implemented plus the fuel simulation needs to be improved. There needs to be big improvements across the board, but I don't agree with your blanket "there are no physics" stance. It seems you were expecting far too much from F1 2010, so have resorted to bashing it.

Terronium-12

Unfortunately, yes.

MikeTheHockeyFan
Rich is, uh, a very enthusiastic poster...
:lol:

Rich S
Namely, F1 2010 feeling like TEST DRIVE

Sounds like you're talking about F1CE

Rich S
with no wheel feedback

Not important, try a controller instead. I have a DFGT. Some games have poor support. I don't whine, I just think "it would be nice if it worked" and use the controller.

RICH S
and braking distances twice as long as real life
Not true... Unless it's a lack of personal skill.

Rich S
Its not something thats ever mentioned....When you slide you cant counter steer, all you do is stomp the brakes. thats seriously F-d up. In fact stomping the brakes corrects ANY slide at all at any speed (prooves there's no physics in the game). Its like a pig growing wings and soaring off.

That I haven't noticed and can't test right now due to being over 3000 miles from my ps3. This needs to be fixed.

Rich S
In F1 2010 You can rear end other cars going 30 mph faster with NO DAMAGE with damage turned on FULL.

True, but I think it was Ardius or Interludes who said that a good damage modelling system should not take priority over more important things as any more than light damage would force you to retire from the race... Therefore, other things are far more important than putting too much effort into the damage modelling as most damage would mean the race is over. It's something I expect to improve this time, but wasn't a game breaker anyway. I don't crash often :sly: .

Rich S
When you turn into the pits the car teleports turns at what looks like 30 lateral Gs. (No physics) if there was the car would spin when entering the pits at high speed.

Again, something that needs to be fixed, but not a gamebreaker. 30 g's is a huge exaggeration though, 7 or 8 at most imo.

Rich S
The AI cars teleport ahead at Catulunya. Try driving with simulation on FULL and see how fast they are in sector 2. They take off like their in a tractor beam. In an environment with physical laws programmed in they could not do that because of things like aerodynamic drag, gravity.

Not news really. Everyone's aware that the a.i are too strong here. Something that needs to be fixed. Just be thankful it was barcelona and not a track near the end of the season.

fissionproject

I have a theory that it was done on purpose to make overtaking easier. The longer spent on the brakes, the better the chances of overtaking into the heavy braking zones. The braking zones are only slightly longer though, not like he said.

Rich S
My points are spot on. I've played the game alot.

No, your points are a result of your own opinion. You claim the heaviest braking points in f12010 require you to brake at 200 metres, whereas I can break at 105-110 meters. I don't use any driving aids, so it means your points are not spot on, or you just suck at the game.

Which is it?

Rich S
The way they act one would think they work for codemasters.

Says the guy who acts like a studio liverpool staff member. :sly:

Terronium-12
But...what do I know right? I can't read English...

I know. Ur angelish suxxors. :sly:

It's clear that this guy thinks he's an alpha human, and his opinion is better than ours.

Rich S

Have you considered the possibility that you just suck at Valencia... Maybe it's "YOUR" ability at Valencia. I've destroyed the ai at valencia.

Rich S
NOTHING. The car handling in F1 2010 is indeed less advanced than the Shift series....

Two completely different disciplines. And I couldn't agree less. You seem to be mistaking your opinion for fact. You are quite infuriating.

Rich S
The AI is easy to beat at Valencia DURING THE RACE. But in quali they are 2 seconds a lap faster than they will be at the end of the race.

Maybe because they are on fresh tyres during quali, but not at the end of the race on similar fuel. I've taken pole at Valencia before, so it just proves that you are wrong about this. It's your own ability that's lacking, not that the A.I are strong.

Rich S
Do the AI suddenly have nearly twice the power going up the hill and down the straight, because thats what it looks like.

It's all about correct entry and exit speeds therefore maximizing speed on the straight. It's not rocket science. It's racing.

Ardius

Not necessarily. I've taken it in the dry on expert, with no aids.

Rich S
All players want is this number or that driver. They dont care about the gameplay, kinda sad really.
This, I can agree on. So many people focus on trivial details.

Rich S
The more realistic a game is the more fun.

For me, yes. For you, yes. For most of the people I know, no. I would like hardcore sim options, but you do not speak for the general population, and you should realize that... Soon.

Ardius
(Montreal is the weakest of all).

Agreed. After the impossibly late braking a.i at the last corner in montreal in F1CE forcing me to retire several times, it's strange dodging the ridiculously early braking a.i at the same corner.

Ardius

👍

On a fully dev. car during the race, not in quali. :sly:

If you say you get pole at Valencia in the Lotus with no TCS, legend AI I'm going to have to see a vid of that including you turning off the aids and putting it on legend....Because thats pretty damn good. I think my first season with Lotus was 22nd in quali and 6th in the race.

This games physics are "rubbish". Period. It has flashy graphics, setup screem, times, etc. But the times are fake & so are the car performances.

Terronium isnt part of the conversation because he has no points, examples, facts or anything to add to this. He's just like a Codemaster's minion troll.

I've just gone back to double check all this and this is what I achieved:
This was Grand Prix > No aids, Legendary AI, Clear weather > Long Race Weekend. As its GP mode, not career, there are no "development parts" to make the car faster than the AI other than the engine mode settings which you can unlock in career before Valencia anyway. I'd also argue that development parts don't make a huge difference to the performance anyway, and the development parts are the same whether you play 1 season or 7 seasons.

Lotus: Qualified 13th with a scruffy lap using a setup I'd tuned for the Ferrari. With a tweaked setup and a better lap, Q3 is very easily possible. Pole would be difficult, and probably isn't possible without wet weather but I can get close. I got through Q1 using the Prime tyres too in 12th. Final time was a 1'42.342, but 1'41 or lower is possible with this car which takes it into Q3 territory against the AI.

Ferrari: Qualified on Pole with 4 tenths on the next car. I've got a setup all sorted for this car so its much easier than the Lotus. I managed a 1'39.899 which secures pole easily. A 1'38 or lower is quite possible with a sweet lap and pole is possibly achievable using the Prime tyres.

Unfortunately I can't show you a video, so you'll have to take my word on it. But I assure you pole position is quite possible at Valencia, it only gets difficult when you use anything lower than Toro Rosso, but even then you can make Q3 which is good enough to win the race from.

Oh and ask them if the fame rate will be improved around Monaco :)

Wow this has definitely turned into a PD vs CM thread hasn't it? I'll admit GT5 is better in some ways, but CM really has way better A.I. which definitely makes the racing a lot more fun. Also, I actually kinda prefer the softer force feedback CM did over PD's. Mainly the wheel wobbling back and forth in GT5 is what turns me off. Anyways, this isn't about that. Its about the questions I'm going to ask. Here is a list I got so far:

1. Can CM be able to gather all the lap data from the actual races of 2011 and have a difficulty level where the a.i. actually races at these speeds?

2. Can CM add tire smoke when the tires lock up or spin out as it will be easier to tell when this happens?

3. Will there be a safety car this season?

4. Will there be any mechanical failures implemented?

5. Will the damage on the cars have a larger affect?

6. Will the physics be improved any?

7. Will force feedback be improved any?

Anything else you all can think of?

Oh and to answer Rich S... the reason PD is not developing the F1 games is because they want F1 2011 to be released this year, not in 2015!

3. Will there be a safety car this season?

4. Will there be any mechanical failures implemented?

5. Will the damage on the cars have a larger affect?

6. Will the physics be improved any?

7. Will force feedback be improved any?

Anything else you all can think of?
!
I srsly doubt it..... The braking distances on some of the corners are close to 250 meters & you can smack the car into a wall fairly hard with NO DAMAGE at all.

These are such large discrepancies I doubt its even possible to fix those, along with the lack of FF, lack of rendered cockpits, fuzzy graphics especially on objects far away....

If you brake 100 meters before the first chicane at Monza or Bahrain for that matter in this game your going strait off the track......End of story. :sly:

The braking zones are atleast twice that of real life. :scared:

You can pretend that this game is a sim but its not even close.....Its good fun to race in it, but the car dynamics are all wrong. From track to track, The acceleration & top speed vary dramatically circuit to circuit. Which is it? Because the top speed at Shanghai is 330 Km/hr in this game, in real life its 310. :sly:

Oh and I'm pretty sure Vettel's lap last year he didnt start braking until's he'd gone 1/4th of the way into the first turn. Try that in F1 2010. :scared:

The AI's lap times are FAKE. How much more of a slap do you need, LOL. :)

People can lie lie lie all they want about their lap times & braking zones but it makes no diff to the value of the game which is B- at best. GT5 being an A+.
:sly:

First off the fake qualifying is a big letdown.

Then the first thing I noticed when driving was that the brakes seem far too weak for an F1 car and talking about brakes surely they don't get "cold" from the run down from the first corner at Spa to the run onto Les Combes and then back up to temprature as soon as you hit the brakes again?

I was at Silverstone and the chapel corner seems to be mapped wrong it's far too tight like they accidently used the Moto GP layout!

Which jogged my memory to the very dodgy mapping of Monaco where there's banking in the tunnel... which in turn (on the PS3 at least) leads onto massive framerate drops as you go round Rascasse.

There's lots more wrong as well.

The cars are mapped really well though. :)

First off the fake qualifying is a big letdown.

Then the first thing I noticed when driving was that the brakes seem far too weak for an F1 car and talking about brakes surely they don't get "cold" from the run down from the first corner at Spa to the run onto Les Combes and then back up to temprature as soon as you hit the brakes again?

I was at Silverstone and the chapel corner seems to be mapped wrong it's far too tight like they accidently used the Moto GP layout!

Which jogged my memory to the very dodgy mapping of Monaco where there's banking in the tunnel... which in turn (on the PS3 at least) leads onto massive framerate drops as you go round Rascasse.

There's lots more wrong as well.

The cars are mapped really well though. :)

probably the best post in this whole damn thread

the rest of it just makes my head explode

Latest Posts

Back