Jensen Interceptor @ Nürburgring GP/F *VCRC*

melon got disconnected, and I assume can't get back in. But we in the room know about it. Not sure what to do though.

Oh yeah, something I learned before, the online lounges always reserve a spot for the room owner. So if the room is limited to ten people, and there are nine in the room, but the room owner is not one of them, no one else can get in except the room owner. Which is why melon couldn't get in.

Car won and he had the pace on everyone but I somehow managed to cling on for as long as possible. Sadly with 3 to go I got a slide on and hit the gravel with the rear which lost me 4 seconds. So Car won by 6 over me then Tyrell 31 secs back and Jammy 37 behind, then all the rest :sly:. (Poor Jammy hit pit wall :lol:)

Car did a 26.0 no draft on lap 2 :scared:. I only managed a 26.9 and that was following in his draft :P.

Last edited:
My quick race recap:

Qualifying: Well, I got 1 lap in (27.750) then for my 2 other laps I was blocked in the chicane by the big box that some how ended up right on the racing line.

Start: We had a messed up grid so as people worked it out I held up a bit so we would all entered T1 as a group. Then I was off to time trail mode.

I pushed like mad on for the rest of lap 1 and lap 2, figured I could keep the pace up till lap 3 when I could feel my tires slipping fast (I had over heated them on that 26.0 lap) Paul dragged me back in on lap 8 so I drove for the pits.

End: He staggered our stop so we came out nose to tail, I couldn't risk another sprint so I tried to be smooth, but "smooth" was not going to out run Paul :lol:

After a couple failed attempts to lose Paul without killing my tires, I was struck by how much better he was doing in T1 than me. I couldn't save my tires and match his brake points. I figured that on the last lap I would see a dive. My plan was to go mad with on the last lap and destroy my tires. Sadly we didn't get to race it to the line as Paul clipped the sand with 3 to go.

Great race overall, fun car.

Qualified 4th after my 3rd and fastest lap was ruined in the last sector but I think 4th was the best I was going to get anyway. Came out of the first corner in 3rd ahead of Dylansan and Jammy. Bit of messy lap followed which got even more messier as Dylansan outbraked himself and went flying into the chicane , that brings back memories. :lol: Pretty standard race after that with Jammy a few seconds behind all the time so I started to light the tyres up a bit. This came back to bite me as Jammy was gaining after my mistakes and nearly got past a few times on lap 8 and 9.

Pitted on lap 9 and I was a bit worried about coming out into traffic but there was no one around for miles. Just brought it home then after Jammy crashed into the pit wall. Tried getting it sidewards towards the end and got into the 27's somehow. Good race, glad I could race the Interceptor, such an awesome car.

I seem to be plagued, positively PLAGUED with Murphy's Law cropping up in the lounges constantly. :boggled:
Sorry this got so messy.
I do check the thread before I enter the lounge, and as I enter the lounge, and after I enter the lounge... btw. :scared: :boggled:
I signed in there & changed the lounge settings, but I think... I could be wrong, but I think that until it resets (ie: nobody in it) the changes don't take effect.
If anyone knows about this?
I changed the lounge limit to 16 now.
For some reason it was set at 10... but was only letting 9 people enter which doesn't make much sense.

For some reason it was set at 10... but was only letting 9 people enter which doesn't make much sense.
I explained this above. The lounges always save a space for the room owner. So you probably could have joined if you were logged in as VCRC.

I'm not totally sure about it, but it seems to make sense and it is something that could be tested at some point.

I seem to be plagued, positively PLAGUED with Murphy's Law cropping up in the lounges constantly. :boggled:
Sorry this got so messy.
I do check the thread before I enter the lounge, and as I enter the lounge, and after I enter the lounge... btw. :scared: :boggled:
I signed in there & changed the lounge settings, but I think... I could be wrong, but I think that until it resets (ie: nobody in it) the changes don't take effect.

I know howe annoying it is when things go wrong :indiff:
I have had simular problems with my BTCC Online Championship, Me and the drivers decided to have it by Standings reversed for the grid as Qualifying times seemed messed up.
Or simular things like that.

Well done tonight Watermelon, very enjoyable even if I messed up twice :sly:

Let's hope you can sort these little problems

RESULTS

20120830interceptornurbgpf15%20copy.jpg

1. Carracerptp / Carracerptp / yellow & orange
  2. paulmac2k9 / paulmac2k9 / Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P)
  3. Tyrrellracing / TyrrellRacing / tan
  4. jammy21 / GTP_Jammy / Tangeri (red)
  5. the_saint8 / the_saint8 / Old English White
  6. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Panther Pink
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 / (factory) Blue
  8. Geeky30 / Geeky30 / black

20120830interceptornurbgpf00%20copy.jpg

The 1st turn was kind of funny... It was as if when reaching turn 1, everyone suddenly saw an old woman standing at the apex holding a baby. :lol:

20120830interceptornurbgpf01%20copy.jpg

carracerptp's truly dreadful 70s colour scheme :lol:

20120830interceptornurbgpf02%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf03%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf04%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf05%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf06%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf07%20copy.jpg

saint had to spend a few early laps looking at my burninated tires...

20120830interceptornurbgpf08%20copy.jpg

while I was dodging geeky30's poofs of smoke!

20120830interceptornurbgpf09%20copy.jpg

It was NOT me who knocked the boxes out this time!!! :lol:

20120830interceptornurbgpf10%20copy.jpg

Otherwise they wouldn't have surprised me and given saint his chance to easily sneak round me

20120830interceptornurbgpf11%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf12%20copy.jpg

So I went in early for my mandatory pit...

20120830interceptornurbgpf13%20copy.jpg

which even with the whole race without damage.... I SORELY NEEDED the fresh tires

20120830interceptornurbgpf14%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf15%20copy.jpg

carracerptp crossing finish line

20120830interceptornurbgpf16%20copy.jpg

20120830interceptornurbgpf18%20copy.jpg

John Wells gets around geeky30 at the last possible moment in what looks like the most bizarre misfortune geeky30 could've possible had :boggled: :boggled:

Sorry this got so messy.

👍

Great pictures 👍

Truly special car!
Not as fine as the Kharmann Ghia of course. ;)

But I always watch the last lap of the winner... and try & catch a finish line shot.

And I must say, I have to ask if that last turn on the last lap was how everyone else was getting a fast last sector?? :lol: :sly: ;) :sly: :lol:
20120830interceptornurbgpf14%20copy.jpg

I thought for sure your car was going to spin right around!!
I could not figure out if that was deliberate... or if you were trying to get around last place there... he gave you a wide berth heading out of the chicane, but you hadn't taken it... then it looked like the 2 of you were doing synchronized spinning. :lol:

I could've gotten a better picture of it... but I didn't have time to rewind again.

I thought he was pulling off so I was going to smoke the tires around the corner, but then, the next thing I saw was his car coming back so I was trying to avoid him as best I could...
It almost looks like a drift battle was just thrown down on the last lap :lol:

Glad to be out racing with everyone. It has been about 2 months since I have run an online race and only about 20 minutes practice with this car before the Qing. So forgive the rusty Old Guy in the Old English White Jensen.

Thank you Watermelonpunch for taking the time to organize this event. A non tuned event helps level the playing field a bit. It's also nice to see that I am not the only one who can find the gravel.

Good racing from my vantage point.

I would love to see a '68 Fairlady event too.

glad to have you as always saint!
I gave up trying to catch back up with you around lap 13 or 14, and decided to try & ease up on my tires, and maybe maintain 6th place without wrecking. :lol: It was the right choice. And not easy to stay ahead of geeky30 & john wells... I had some very good luck as this truly is a pretty poor handling car!! :lol:

I would love to see a '68 Fairlady event too.

You've read my mind!!
That's on my list. :D 👍

I thought he was pulling off so I was going to smoke the tires around the corner, but then, the next thing I saw was his car coming back so I was trying to avoid him as best I could...
It almost looks like a drift battle was just thrown down on the last lap :lol:

Yes, that is exactly what it looked like! :lol:

Actually if you saw me & geeky30 together on the track, you would've thought it was a drift battle. :lol: I would've taken photomodes of it... But all you'd have seen in the pics would be big poofs of smoke. :lol:

glad to have you as always saint!
I gave up trying to catch back up with you around lap 13 or 14, and decided to try & ease up on my tires, and maybe maintain 6th place without wrecking. :lol: It was the right choice. And not easy to stay ahead of geeky30 & john wells... I had some very good luck as this truly is a pretty poor handling car!! :lol:

You've read my mind!!
That's on my list. :D 👍

Yes, that is exactly what it looked like! :lol:

Actually if you saw me & geeky30 together on the track, you would've thought it was a drift battle. :lol: I would've taken photomodes of it... But all you'd have seen in the pics would be big poofs of smoke. :lol:

The bolded parts I have to disagree with this car handles epic esp concidering it's weight and the way it was built. (I.e out of leftovers from other British car makers of the time :scared:. The engine was American iirc but I can't remember off what :dopey:)

Also I'm pretty sure you mean "puffs" not poofs :lol:.

The bolded parts I have to disagree with this car handles epic esp concidering it's weight and the way it was built. (I.e out of leftovers from other British car makers of the time :scared:. The engine was American iirc but I can't remember off what :dopey:)

Also I'm pretty sure you mean "puffs" not poofs :lol:.

Well, considering that, yeah, I guess it handles fantastically considering all that. :boggled: :lol: :lol:

I say "poofs" because well... It IS rather like a vanishing act when cars disappear in the smoke!! :lol: :sly: ;)

It's not like I was accusing people of pooting. ;)

Was still a great and unique car though but as such due to the parts etc. It was sorta boycotted by most hence it's rather rare. I myself think it's a cool car :D.

Btw I know this from being a car nut... The Jenson is older than me by a good 18 years :lol:.

Well I decided to do this race... Well Tyrrellracing had been pushing for it for months & months. :lol: And then I saw some episode of Top Gear about it a few weeks ago... was amused.
I like picking "odd" cars to race. :D
And this one is DEFINITELY UNIQUE. :lol:

Definitely fun.
A bit of a challenge for the likes of me!!

Honestly, I wasn't very fast in practice... But I actually not only never made my practice best lap in the race... Which usually I wind up beating my best practice lap in the race - I usually attribute it to motivation of the race. BUT also, my tire wear was MUCH more than I had anticipated in the race. I attribute this to getting a bit too enthusiastic in the race. Which I think definitely slowed me down. I could've easily wore my tires down to complete worn out inside of 10 laps easy.
I'm bad with tire wear... but really, not usually as bad as this! :lol:

...Pretty standard race after that with Jammy a few seconds behind all the time so I started to light the tyres up a bit. This came back to bite me as Jammy was gaining after my mistakes and nearly got past a few times on lap 8 and 9.
Just brought it home then after Jammy crashed into the pit wall.

I really enjoy the race with you. I'm sorry for that contact in the 1st corner :scared:
I did only once pit stop practice so maybe that's why i was going to fast to pit entry line and hit the wall :ill:
My plan was to come front of you from the pit :)

John Wells gets around geeky30 at the last possible moment in what looks like the most bizarre misfortune geeky30 could've possible had :boggled: :boggled:

Hi, was it john that got past?
He got lapped? Fair enough :)

I was drifting like mad! and that bit at the end messed me up, to much power out the corner :indiff:

Not bad car to drift for something that sounds like a bulldog gurgling on mouthewash :D

Hi, was it john that got past?
He got lapped? Fair enough :)

I was drifting like mad! and that bit at the end messed me up, to much power out the corner :indiff:

Not bad car to drift for something that sounds like a bulldog gurgling on mouthewash :D

:lol:

Good photos Melon, looks more like 2 stroke 500 gp bikes than cars:sly:

I can't drift what so ever:nervous:

Latest Posts

Back