JGTC S1 Round 7 Race + Results

If people want to know the strategy I used

Start : RM-RS
Lap 5 : RM-RS
Lap 10 : RM-RS
Lap 15 : RM-RS
Lap 20 : RH-RM

The trick here was not to use RM-RS again on Lap 20 then repit on Lap 25 for RS-RSS, the strategy to finish the last 7 laps on RH-RM was faster.

Exactly the same strategy I used, I'm surprised someone else caught it. Saved a whole pit stop while only adding about 15 seconds from slower laps.

i don't understand the idea behind the harder tires up front, you start with more understeer, and from the way the tires wear when they are the same F and R the car obviously has some understeer. so you have more understeer to start the race? even if the tires wear evenly you will still have understeer in the end right?

circa86
anyone else do a two stopper? that is what I did but the ****ing forced pit entry on the final lap didn't help!!!! what an idiot, I finished the race in the pits.

I did another race to try 2-stopping. It was immediately after my submitted race so I was driving better but had a time 10 seconds slower.

I must say though I preferred running long on a stint and getting into a rhythm rather than trying to do a bonzai 4 lap stint.

circa86
i don't understand the idea behind the harder tires up front, you start with more understeer, and from the way the tires wear when they are the same F and R the car obviously has some understeer. so you have more understeer to start the race? even if the tires wear evenly you will still have understeer in the end right?

With the tyres; I think the guys are trading off the fact that harder tyres up front allow you to make fewer pitstops, while still being fast enough despite the extra understeer.

I often run harder tyres on the rear of the NSX, but it is far more balanced at Suzuka on even compounds front/rear.

My Amemiya destroys it's front tires way faster than the rear ones so I have no choice but to use either a RM-RS or RH-RM combo. If I use the same tire type all around (RM-RM or RH-RH) it's going to do an even worst non balanced tire wear.

VTRacing
I must say though I preferred running long on a stint and getting into a rhythm rather than trying to do a bonzai 4 lap stint.
The other downside of more stops is having to run on cold tires for more laps. I like making lots of pit stops, but I do hate coming out on cold tires.

VTRacing
I often run harder tyres on the rear of the NSX, but it is far more balanced at Suzuka on even compounds front/rear.
Yes, Suzuka was very even in the tire wear. As long as I wasn't intentionally burning up the rears, both ends were the same color after 6 laps.

My pit stratagy for this track was which one would give me the fastest time. :crazy:

rm/rs s/6/12/18 then went to rh/rm to the finish. Ran several versions of this but this was the fastest. Tried to 2 stop it w/ rh/rm tires but was way too slow.

Back