JGTC S3 Official Thread

JGTC S2 Official Thread

RULES

Qualifications : Standard online racing rules for clean racing applied at all times.

2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble strips are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No cheating of any kind

Qualification we go all out like S1. RSS let's go use what you want to produce the fastest possible laptime. # of laps will still go up on Friday 9:00PM est. Deadline is still on Saturday 9:00PM est.

Races : Standard online racing rules for clean racing applied when ever possible.

Minimum of 2 wheels on track
Rumble strips are part of the track
No intentional AI contact
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No cheating of any kind

Since this is a semi-enduro format (just under 1h each round) we can’t really ask for 100% error free races. But you must still follow the same basic rules layed down for qualifications and use them when ever possible. Since you are racing with other AI cars little incident may occur and result in an excursion off the track, those are normal racing battles. Passing another car should always be done with caution and fair play just like in real life.

QUALIFICATIONS :

Qualifications sending format :

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Best Lap With Sector Times :
Tire Set :

Send your replays to eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com

RACES :

Races sending format :

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Total Time :
Best Lap :
Pitting Resume (lap info, tire set used, penalties) :

POINT SYSTEM :

Points rewarded for qualif are changed to this : 3-2-2-1-1, so Top 5 gets some pts. Like always no weight penalties or anything for your results on the qualification, the only thing are points rewarded.

In the race, 1 point each for the Top 3 quick lap just like S1. No changes here.

Points on the race result now. With the part-time issue some were crying about here's the new system.

Class Championship pts

1st - 20
2nd - 16
3rd - 14
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 9
7th - 8
8th - 7
9th - 6
10th - 5
11th - 4
12th - 3
13th - 2
14th - 1
15th - 1

Team Championship pts

1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 4
7th - 2

To calculate the team championship the standings are made using only the full-timers order in the race results. Let's say the race was won by a part-timer and the first full-timer is only in second position, that full-timer will be classified 1st in points in the team championship standings. So all in all it's an inter full-timer classification system. So points can't be stolen on the race by part-timers. When it comes to the qualification and the quick lap, those are based on the entire field. So it's only the race result, where the big points are made that part-timers won't come and interfere in the team championship standings.

WEIGHT PENALTY SYSTEM :

Weight penalty is always dependent on the number of entrants for the round. If you do not submit a time for the round you're not affected by the weight penalty system, you don't loose and you don't gain either. Here are some exemples.

11 submissions

+5%
+4%
+3%
+2%
+1%
-1%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%

12 submissions

+5%
+4%
+3%
+2%
+1%
-1%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%

13 submissions

+5%
+4%
+3%
+2%
+1%
+1%
-1%
-1%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%

15 submissions

+5%
+4%
+3%
+2%
+2%
+1%
+1%
-1%
-1%
-2%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%

ETC...

The maximum on both + and - is at 10%. On top of that main system, the winner of each race will receive an "air restrictor" penalty of -1% HP. The air restrictor will stay until 3 rounds have passed and no other wins have been obtained, in that case the 1% lost for the first win will be dropped. In the case of a driver winning again during those 3 races, he'll gain another 1% HP penalty and the 3 races wait will be resetted on the round of the most recent win.

Car Lineup

GT500

1) 2) 3) 4)

5) 6) 7) 8)

9) 10) 11) 12)

13) 14) 15) 16)

17) 18) 19) 20)

GT300

1) 2) 3) 4)

5) 6) 7)

SCHEDULE

Round 1
Track : Mid-Field Raceway - 3.56km
No. of Laps : 47
Date : Qualification *April 10-April 15* - Race *April 16-April 23*

Round 2 :
Track : Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course - 4.80km
No. of Laps : 30
Date : Qualification *April 24-April 29* - Race *April 30-May 7*

Round 3 :
Track : Côte D'Azur - 3.35km
No. of Laps : 37
Date : Qualification *May 8-May 13* - Race *May 14-May 21*

Round 4 :
Track : Grand Valley Speedway - 4.94km
No. of Laps : 31
Date : Qualification *May 22-May 27* - Race *May 28-June 4*

Round 5 :
Track : Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course - 4.06km
No. of Laps : 38
Date : Qualification *June 5-June 10* - Race *June 11-June 18*

Round 6 :
Track : Special Stage Route 5 - 3.79km
No. of Laps : 42
Date : Qualification *June 19-June 24* - Race *June 25-July 2*

Round 7 :
Track : Suzuka Circuit - 5.81km
No. of Laps : 27
Date : Qualification *July 3-July 8* - Race *July 9-July 16*

Round 8 :
Track : Deep Forest Raceway - 3.60km
No. of Laps : 46
Date : Qualification *July 17-July 22* - Race *July 23-July 30*

Round 9 :
Track : Fuji Speedway 2005 GT - 4.53km
No. of Laps : 35
Date : Qualification *July 31-August 5* - Race *August 6-August 13*

Round 10 :
Track : Tokyo Route 246 - 5.12km
No. of Laps : 34
Date : Qualification *August 14-August 19* - Race *August 20-August 27*

Round 11 :
Track : Trial Mountain Circuit - 3.98km
No. of Laps : 40
Date : Qualification *August 28-September 2* - Race *September 3-September 10*

Round 12 :
Track : Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 3.60km
No. of Laps : 41
Date : Qualification *September 11-September 16* - Race *September 17-September 24*

How about a post from a part-timer? I know it's not required but what the hey.

This season is looking very good indeed. Can't wait. :D

Francisco I'll go ahead and give your name and home address to everyone in GT500 so they know exactly who to go meet and settle things with if their ride doesn't perform well. :lol: :lol:

Somebody hand Eat's a cup of coffee :lol:
:nervous: but in 👍
back to struggling with the "ring" :grumpy:
just one quick clean lap :dopey:

J.R.

thought I'd toss this in here.
Whom ever I get as a partner.... I've got a few ?'s I'll be pm'ing, to get me pointed in the right direction :) .... I'll be there for every race 👍 I know I'm new, I'm also motivated :dopey: just adjusted my cockpit today 👍 now my old butt may be able to take an hour in the chair :lol:

:cheers: to S2

As previously contracted, I'm committed to full time.

However, I do have a question regarding possible conflicts, not only for me but perhaps for others:

Say that I decided to take vacation during the series, and that vacation was going to prevent me from racing at some point on the normal schedule. Can either the complete season race schedule be posted in advance, with all details, so I could complete that conflicted event without sanction in advance and then send in my times prior to that race deadline?

Or, could I notify the administrator of the impending conflict and be informed of the upcoming race details so that I could complete it prior to the period where I have a conflict?

My thinking is that since the season is twenty-four weeks in duration, there could be a scheduling problem among some of the competitors, and this contingency could reduce the risk of losing some of our colleagues. And it might get our friends like VTRacing and ZeratulSG back on the full-time list.

I'm in for the duration (unless I die or end up in the Hospital). I'm a little confused as to the replay you want from the Full Timers, is that a replay of every race or what?

VTRacing
Um, that's rePLY. Not rePLAY.

Clean your glasses. :D
Funny you mention that, I'm getting new glasses this week! Thanks man! I'd probably drive a Fiat when he said Ford.
So I guess I've already supplied my REPLY!! Dang, wait till you're my age, we used to ride Dinosaur's to work....if you were rich!!

eatsviper4lunch
I need a reply from all the full-timers in this thread.
Hey eats, I'm for sure full time. 👍

That good enough? :P When I first saw the part I quoted, I nearly died, because I thought it said replay. I was about to cry. :P Thank god. :)

I am actualy in the 6th race of JGTC at GT500 with the Arta NSX 543hp(Portuguese format),in 2nd place ,but i believe i can win it.:D
So,i think GT300 will be cool in my first season here.I'll hope to join Jctraduz because we both speak the same language and will be easier to trade informations.
In the beginning ,probably i will not be very competitive,because I'm still participating in (four) competitions,and ESWC to come,but after that,I think You'll have a nice surprise with this Portuguese Roockie.
Hope you all understand my English writting,and you can count with me to participate in all the race's shedulle.
See you on tracks,and good luck everybody.;)

Bring it on!

Really looking forward to it.

GT300! Ah well there goes the chance of Drew and I being a team, but I am obviously either not fast enough or consistant enough for the 500 class.

Not that I am bothered, really. I just want to race!

Give 110%, for the whole duration!

Neil

Looks like we'll be driving against each other Neil, which is cool cause we're so even on most races we run against each other. Translation: WE both suck....:)

Hope your new glasses have a tele-photo function built in mate!

You'll need it to see my dust!;)

Hee Hee!

Neil

Ballstothewall
Hope your new glasses have a tele-photo function built in mate!

You'll need it to see my dust!;)

Hee Hee!

Neil
No, but my rearview works fine until you're too far behind:)

Nuvolari
As previously contracted, I'm committed to full time.

However, I do have a question regarding possible conflicts, not only for me but perhaps for others:

Say that I decided to take vacation during the series, and that vacation was going to prevent me from racing at some point on the normal schedule. Can either the complete season race schedule be posted in advance, with all details, so I could complete that conflicted event without sanction in advance and then send in my times prior to that race deadline?

Or, could I notify the administrator of the impending conflict and be informed of the upcoming race details so that I could complete it prior to the period where I have a conflict?

My thinking is that since the season is twenty-four weeks in duration, there could be a scheduling problem among some of the competitors, and this contingency could reduce the risk of losing some of our colleagues. And it might get our friends like VTRacing and ZeratulSG back on the full-time list.

This is pretty much not possible. I can give all the race info in advance (track, # of laps etc) but you'll never know in advance the weight and hp figures you'll be at that point. It's possible to do only for the round in progress, like in the first week of qualification you can submit in advance your race time. But to run the next rounds of the calendar in advance, impossible.

eatsviper4lunch
This is pretty much not possible. I can give all the race info in advance (track, # of laps etc) but you'll never know in advance the weight and hp figures you'll be at that point. It's possible to do only for the round in progress, like in the first week of qualification you can submit in advance your race time. But to run the next rounds of the calendar in advance, impossible.

Fair enough; I did forget about the weight issue. So at least there would be essentially two weeks advance notice to get a qualifying time and a race time in, if the number of laps to be run in the race is also known. That gives someone a lot of time to be on vacation between races since you don't have to qualify to run the following race. That could be as long as four weeks---almost. Correct?

Will you be posting the number of laps in the race at the same time as qualifying starts for all races or will someone with a conflict have to ask?

And it sounds like this season horsepower as well as weight can change?

w00t! I'm in! I sent Thirdeye a pm last night, so hopefully we'll be hearing from him soon...?

Back