JGTC S3 Official Thread

Question to whomever wishes to reply......

How exactly does the draft work?

I am out from 18.15 GMT+1(BST) until about 23.30 pm, playing my other obsession, 1st Division league pool. So if the draft starts during that time.......am I stuffed?
Will I end up getting whatever crap car is left, that no-one else wants, or will the draft halt until I pick my car? Or What?

Neil

Thanks for asking the question Neil! I'll be gone for the next 10-11 hours... So hopefully yeah, not everything's gone by the time I get back. By draft, does it just mean whoever picks whatever they want? How do we decide how that goes? Is there(going to be) a list of who gets first pick? I unno, fill us in! :)

Once your turn comes to pick we all wait for you. I make a random order with first the full-timers and in second the part-timers. Then both the GT500 and GT300 order are posted so there's always two drivers up to pick at the same same. Last season the only exception is when a driver was taking 2 days to pick or something, so I made his choice and we all moved on with the next pick. If the driver in question is not satisfied with my pick he can change car with what ever is left at the very end when the draft is over. But normally all goes smooth and people are going pretty fast.

Just since it's the draft people should check more often GTP today wed 5th and tomorrow thur 6th. :)

Thanx for the prompt reply Eats!👍

Any idea what the ETA is for the teams/draft order posting?

Neil

:boggled: is there a list of cars we are picking from ? A chance to try some of them out ? Hints or clues ?

:nervous: needless to say, I'll be checking in here inbetween breaks of WRS.

Oh yeah, the entire lineup will be posted with the hp figures and everything. You can try them all you want before making your final choice. :)

eatsviper4lunch
Once your turn comes to pick we all wait for you. I make a random order with first the full-timers and in second the part-timers. Then both the GT500 and GT300 order are posted so there's always two drivers up to pick at the same same. Last season the only exception is when a driver was taking 2 days to pick or something, so I made his choice and we all moved on with the next pick. If the driver in question is not satisfied with my pick he can change car with what ever is left at the very end when the draft is over. But normally all goes smooth and people are going pretty fast.

Just since it's the draft people should check more often GTP today wed 5th and tomorrow thur 6th. :)

ramdom order? hmmm. me :nervous:
maybe a good spot based on the qualify results:D

:dopey:

ejr_1
Mmmmmmmm........ How about noooo? :guilty:

:lol: , i know we will have a surprise...:nervous: but JGTC insiders already told me that hotboi and holl will want the same model (with different paint) that casio wants badly his RX-7 back, and that i also have my pick clear in my head. i hope nobody picks my car before i have a chance :mad: :mischievous:

Hey Francisco, maybe you shouldn't have been broadcasting which car you wanted for this season! :mischievous:

If anyone wants to know what our car tester would prefer to drive, just pm me.

Just kidding ;) Your secret is safe with me.

EV4L any chance us lowly part-timers (or maybe just those of us who still race every round *hint hint*) don't have to wait and get the dreggs after the full-timers have picked?

Just a thought :)

VTRacing
Hey Francisco, maybe you shouldn't have been broadcasting which car you wanted for this season! :mischievous:

If anyone wants to know what our car tester would prefer to drive, just pm me.

Just kidding ;) Your secret is safe with me.

i had to tell, i´m in a bad position on the draft. and yes, i want this car since round 2 of last season:dopey:

Thanks for bumping this! I completely forgot there was yet another thread about it... And I had posted in it too! *sigh* >idiot<

So when does the points breakdown stuff go up?

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, the Boss has posted the number of laps to be run at Mid-Field under "SCHEDULE" in post #1.

Just in case....................

Nuvolari
If anyone hasn't noticed yet, the Boss has posted the number of laps to be run at Mid-Field under "SCHEDULE" in post #1.

:lol: Thanks, I was wondering where that was.

Nuvolari

I actually was wondering, too... Thanks for the heads up.

And Eats, I just wanted to say that I really like the points layout for this season. 👍

Small favour to ask Eats.....

Any chance next time you modify the #1 post, could you please, pretty please, just stick a post in the thread too!
Even if it is just the word "updated" or something.
:bowdown: :bowdown:
Only a small thing to ask, really.

I have just spent the whole of today wasting time practicing a strategy that I will now have to throw out of the window, because there is no way to tell if a post has been 'updated', only if there is a new post.:banghead:

Neil

Ballstothewall
Small favour to ask Eats.....

Any chance next time you modify the #1 post, could you please, pretty please, just stick a post in the thread too!
Even if it is just the word "updated" or something.
:bowdown: :bowdown:
Only a small thing to ask, really.

I have just spent the whole of today wasting time practicing a strategy that I will now have to throw out of the window, because there is no way to tell if a post has been 'updated', only if there is a new post.:banghead:

Neil

My Dear Friend and Colleague Neil, are you familiar with the Ancient Chinese Idiom which goes something like, "Assumption is the Mother of all F___ups"?

Nuvolari
"Assumption is the Mother of all F___ups"?
Wow. I didn't even know that one. Well, not the saying anyway. My friend and I recently discussed how almost every time I get into some sort of trouble or have some sort of problem, it's due to an assumption...!

But seriously, I'm with Neil here, it would be nice to put in a little "update" post at the end after you finish updating the original thread.

Nuvolari
My Dear Friend and Colleague Neil, are you familiar with the Ancient Chinese Idom which goes something like, "Assumption is the Mother of all F___ups"?

I hadn't heard that one either,

I prefer "when you make an assumption, you get an Ass and umption"

But seriously, no asses or umption were made. 9PM EST is unfortunately 2AM here, and usually I am tucked in my pit by then, asleep! Even on a friday night, old fart here remember.:guilty:
A gentle hint is all I asked for, Saturday mornings are not my favourites for being alert and sparkly.
More for laying in bed watching the Saturday Kitchen on BBC2 and getting coffee and toast in bed, maybe a light work-out too if i'm lucky.:sly:

Neil

Back