Kei Central

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 852 comments
Yeah, The five doors are all over the place where I live. We’ll see. With their kei car plans outside Japan and the next Jimny variants, they’re doing big things.
I'm seeing lots of 3-doors in Germany (and am happy about every single one). Have actually seen one Utility here, too!

Last edited:
Nice. I had a 2005 Charade exactly like this.
1721396350215.jpeg

The thread is mainly appreciation and news. With the news here in Australia about many kei cars being put on hold from importing, the flips is we’re getting closer to manufacturers selling kei cars through their respective dealerships.

Some news:

Nice. I had a 2005 Charade exactly like this.
View attachment 1373746

The thread is mainly appreciation and news. With the news here in Australia about many kei cars being put on hold from importing, the flips is we’re getting closer to manufacturers selling kei cars through their respective dealerships.

Some news:
Cheers. Has anyone been following the war on Kei trucks in the US? My state is the most recent in a string of states to start denying registration for kei trucks.

Only kei trucks.

It's as daft as it sounds.

It’s mainly about the speed on freeways. Understandable. I’m in New South Wales, the trucks I see are mainly on streets and roads that don’t go above 80 km/h. Even when I lived in Melbourne(10 years ago), I didn’t see many kei trucks on freeways.

It’s mainly about the speed on freeways. Understandable. I’m in New South Wales, the trucks I see are mainly on streets and roads that don’t go above 80 km/h. Even when I lived in Melbourne(10 years ago), I didn’t see many kei trucks on freeways.
Yeah. Thing is, the people who actually drive them over here aren't crazy or suicidal enough to take their trucks on the freeway so it's a bit of a nothingburger argument...

Finally noticed this thread. Does any regular to this thread own a kei car, or is it mostly an appreciation thread?

Figured I'd ask as I'd like to share photos and stuff about my Daihatsu Midget II once it arrives in a few weeks' time. :cheers:
I owned a Daihatsu Move but it got destroyed by Nazi vandals :( Have been driving bigger cars since, but am deeply missing the Kei experience, so might get another one in the future.

TL;DR, new bill being brought before our state congress that fully recognizes and legalizes the keijidosha category and will compel the RMV to create a framework and path to registering and inspecting Kei vehicles.

Back