La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

You want to " punish " me , don't you ? 🤣
Damn this one is a " pig " who needs " food" every lap .😵‍💫
View attachment 1297104

EDIT

Just try one race with it ,rain caught me out spin heavily one time and to cut a long story short i end up second 🤣🤣
I really wonder how you manage to catch the AI before final straight every time ?
I have serious doubts that i won't make it with this 2 tons " pig " and am not joking this time.
Needs FM2 for a single lap and tyres every two laps .
What settings you use ?
Did you proceed in weight reduction ?

First point well yeah when you have a fat pig you put him on a diet.:lol:

Second point nope you can get 1 full lap on FM1 and I changed tires once on lap 3 only.

Also I tried that boring RB car missed by 6 seconds now I have to wait for another dry race.:lol:

Last edited:
First point well yeah when you have a fat pig you put him on a diet.:lol:

Second point nope you can get 1 full lap on FM1 and I changed tires once on lap 3 only.

Also I tried that boring RB car missed by 6 seconds now I have to wait for another dry race.:lol:

Damn , you put me in to trouble , it's my fault that am listening you 🤣
archie-bunker-tongue-out.gif

Did the race today with another pre 1970 car, the De Tomaso Mangusta.

In stock conditions this car is rather hard to drive, but with aero-parts(e.g. front spoiler and rear spoiler) it becomes controllable...

Had a dry race(some clouds an drizzle in lap 3 and lap 4, but never enough for IMs), so I used RMs for the whole race
Did my usual 3(laps)-2-2 strategy, needed FM4 to get the 3 laps and it was not the quickest car in the first 3 laps(only 4.21,something in lap 2), the RMs showed some decay(in the bottom third in the third lap), but held well enough in lap 3...
Catched up with Portilla and Haywood after the second Mulsanne-Chicane in lap 7, and held them at bay throughout the rest of the race and won by 4 seconds

mangusta 1.jpg
mangusta 2.jpg

Ok that's it @smoothbore12 I'm not chasing 8 laps with this damn car.:irked:

I hate this car.

Handling sucks it handles like a sack of potato.
Brakes suck even for a 1200 pound car.
And the way it wants to spin out on every turn is beyond annoying.
And dear god is it a boring car to drive.:crazy:

The only good thing it has going for its a cheap car with good fuel consumption.

I give up with this :redflag: of a car.:grumpy:

Last edited:
Great " job " @Chikane_GTR , you're the man .
Congratulations mate .

Am still struggling to get grip with chiron , am getting penalties all over and weather doesn't help .
Its more difficult than i thought 🤐 .

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 Its ok you can throw in the towel that car isn't easy to handle.:sly:

Also.

Ford roadstor (Engine swap)

Handling is alive and the tail is super happy.
Brakes are great.
3 Laps on FM6 4 Laps with careful driving.
Extra note this car doesn't like Rain terrible handling in the rain.

Weather -

Heavy Rain on Lap 4.
No Lap 7

Gran Turismo® 7_20231022233002.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231022234540.jpg

Last edited:
Poor smoothbore12 the Chiron is gonna make him go mad.:lol:

Smoothbore12 to be fair when I said I was able to catch the AI by the last straight I meant the last straight before the Porsche curves.👍

All 3 attempts i did i only pass them before pits straight in 2 and 3 lap except one time that i enter the pits second and start rain after that.
According to your lap times ( those you post ) am on target since we are in the same second.
At least till 3rd lap .
Except rain ,also traffic is a problem in that race .
I just don't push it so much because penalties are waiting to be their customer 🤣 .
Rb junior took me 4 days , hope this one to hold no longer.
What pissed me off more than everything, is that i cant go on with the race and am doing laps that don't take any credits for them 🤬 .

@smoothbore12 Remember a dry race doesn't mean no rain at all it just means a race that you don't need to change to IM or W tires so a little rain is fine as long as you don't need IM or W tires.

Anyway I did it again.:P

2 Things.

1.Got a 1 second penalty on lap 2 whatever.
2. a shower happen but not enough for IM or not even for the track to get wet.:P

The Chiron is not that hard to control @smoothbore12 Just respect it and it will respect you back.:sly:
Video of late lap 6 and full lap 7.:lol:

@smoothbore12 Remember a dry race doesn't mean no rain at all it just means a race that you don't need to change to IM or W tires so a little rain is fine as long as you don't need IM or W tires.

Anyway I did it again.:P

2 Things.

1.Got a 1 second penalty on lap 2 whatever.
2. a shower happen but not enough for IM or not even for the track to get wet.:P

The Chiron is not that hard to control @smoothbore12 Just respect it and it will respect you back.:sly:
Video of late lap 6 and full lap 7.:lol:

I know mate ,but the light rain i got wasn't that short anyway.
Ill try it today and tomorrow whatever the outcome is in the first dry race I'll get .
Don't want loose credits like that .

Nice ride on your vid and here is the spot ( much or less ) i usually got the leader AI and my self in 3rd lap at least .

Yesterday I used an R33 Skyline for the race, only had rain on lap 3. Or should I say, 3/4 or the whole lap 3.

By the end of lap 4 rain was gone, so I went back to RH tires.

First race
IMG_20231024_204649706_HDR.jpg

I quit

Second race
IMG_20231024_211309023_HDR.jpg

I quit ......

Third race
IMG_20231024_212700486_HDR.jpg

At least i managed to win this one changing to intermediate tyres and " save " the credits

Fourth race
Light tain hit the track but only need to slow down and not tyres
IMG_20231024_222249424_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231024_222327282_HDR.jpg

Fifth race try to push a bit more but ........
I quit sooner than i thought
IMG_20231024_223538860_HDR.jpg

What a " day " .......
suicide-bored.gif

I am still not convinced...

Is the Chiron worth buying it...?
I personally find it to be worth it its good for events like the Hyper car Parade.

But not good for events with high fuel usage.

Took the Mercedes SLR McLaren 2009. (Semi-Tune)

Handling - Decent, Smooth, Heavy backend likes to kick loose.
Brakes - Ok.
3 Laps on FM6 - Barely.:lol:

Weather -

Rain on laps 4-5
No Lap 7.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231024194050.jpg

@smoothbore12 Good job glad the Chiron brought you so much enjoyment. 👍:lol:

Now do it again since I did it twice and plus you didn't beat my time of 30:51.:lol:😝

I can't say that i " enjoy " it , is a difficult car to set and overall time has to do with traffic and avoid penalties over 0.500 mostly.
Sometimes times i got slower row at the field in the beginning, other times was a bit faster.

In my opinion,that car doesn't worth the money you spend on it.
Fuel consumption is terrible, handling is about the same and his performance based on " shoot & brake " due to horsepower .
You can't call this a race when needed to pit every single lap 😡 .

I might give it one more try if i get " warm fingers " and dry weather but if not i won't bother further.
Yesterday at fifth attempt i was on quick mode but weather spoil everything and i was pissed off with that .

I can't say that i " enjoy " it , is a difficult car to set and overall time has to do with traffic and avoid penalties over 0.500 mostly.
Sometimes times i got slower row at the field in the beginning, other times was a bit faster.

In my opinion,that car doesn't worth the money you spend on it.
Fuel consumption is terrible, handling is about the same and his performance based on " shoot & brake " due to horsepower .
You can't call this a race when needed to pit every single lap 😡 .

I might give it one more try if i get " warm fingers " and dry weather but if not i won't bother further.
Yesterday at fifth attempt i was on quick mode but weather spoil everything and i was pissed off with that .
Well duh of course the Chiron is not car to be use for this race since it doesn't last more then 1 lap but it was just for fun.

The Chiron is great in events without fuel consumption.

Well duh of course the Chiron is not car to be use for this race since it doesn't last more then 1 lap but it was just for fun.

The Chiron is great in events without fuel consumption.

One is for sure, i won't accept any challenge like this one 🤣 .
I think they are better cars for the races without fuel needed.

The Honda 2&4 fully modified (or as much as you need...) can do FM6 6 laps with a top speed over 170 MPH
We were talking about races without Fuel consumption.

And by the way Honda 2&4 can do 5 laps on FM 4 and 7 on FM 6.

;)

Last edited:
The Honda 2&4 fully modified (or as much as you need...) can do FM6 6 laps with a top speed over 170 MPH

I won one in the wheel at the past and use it for one race at the final missions which is an hour.
I remember it with a " sympathy " but never use it at la sarthe.
For sure was " economy " at fuel and tyte wear but you already know that.

@smoothbore12 The Honda 2&4 can run 8 laps at le man.

This car is pretty interesting.

4 Laps on FM 3 - Laps times in the 4:10 - 4:08. 👍
5 Laps on FM 4
6 Laps on FM 5
7 Laps on FM 6

Pretty cool anyway I'm going for 8 laps with it now.

Also you can use RM Tires for better grip.👍

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 The Honda 2&4 can run 8 laps at le man.

This car is pretty interesting.

4 Laps on FM 3 - Laps times in the 4:10 - 4:08. 👍
5 Laps on FM 4
6 Laps on FM 5
7 Laps on FM 6

Pretty cool anyway I'm going for laps with it now.

Also you can use RM Tires for better grip.👍

Shoot it at FM1 to chase faster laps and if he can match RB junior.
Ill try the pig again today if weather allows me .

Latest Posts

Back