LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
If you can't provide a time then you'll just have to hope you're available when we get a race date/time sorted. I'll mark you down anyway.
Yeah, im up for races anytime as long as im available, im sorry but school is my main focus at the moment

Yeah, im up for races anytime as long as im available, im sorry but school is my main focus at the moment

Sure, you're on the list, and I'll be keeping everyone updated, if you can make it great, if not then don't worry.

I think an important aspect of this is what people's ideas on tuning with the Rocket are, in terms of their interest in a league, series, or event. For example, what will be the restrictions?

For example, I'm neither keen on racing tires, nor on maxing out cars in general, as I my personal viewpoint on the matter is that it ruins cars.
(Then again, I tend to not be crazy about "tuning contests" either.)

Others mileage may vary. ;)

I think an important aspect of this is what people's ideas on tuning with the Rocket are, in terms of their interest in a league, series, or event. For example, what will be the restrictions?

For example, I'm neither keen on racing tires, nor on maxing out cars in general, as I my personal viewpoint on the matter is that it ruins cars.
(Then again, I tend to not be crazy about "tuning contests" either.)

Others mileage may vary. ;)
I agree:tup:👍 This car is perfect out of the box. Doesn't need any mods at all to be a fun car to race.

I agree:tup:👍 This car is perfect out of the box. Doesn't need any mods at all to be a fun car to race.
I just ran this at the long brands hatch track and it was great. It does top out briefly in one spot but other than that it was a blast.

I just ran this at the long brands hatch track and it was great. It does top out briefly in one spot but other than that it was a blast.

It does work pretty well there! There are enough smaller tracks for a good few races before the really short ratio gearbox poses a problem.

Got the car, Im in!

Edit: Colour: Titanium Gray Metallic

Edit 2: Dont get suprised if I show up with Crome silver!

Last edited:
I'd probably be in for this, I think the Friday time slot works for me. I'd recommend sticking to tracks without really long straights because this car does run out of gear quickly. 👍

I'd probably be in for this, I think the Friday time slot works for me. I'd recommend sticking to tracks without really long straights because this car does run out of gear quickly. 👍

Yeah, it's been hard trying to sort them out. Brands Hatch GP is fine, you may briefly touch the limiter if you're slipstreaming but that's all. I'm thinking of allowing for gearbox modification if/when we run out of the smaller tracks to race on.

The LCC rocket is a road car. It was never designed to be a race car.

On a side note, I would like to be a league for this...
1. it's a designed track car

2. myself and a couple of my friends might be interested in your league

3. when are the races going to be, time/date.I'm usually on after 1pm est to 11pm est.

4. can I join your league with a black car?

Last edited:
how many open wheel road car do you see not many caterham is the only one I can think of off the top of my head besides the rocket and that has closed rear wheels. Plus, it looks like and old Grand Prix car so thats why I think it was designed for a greater purpose. :) But, I'll agree to disagree it is still the best car on the game IMO.

how many open wheel road car do you see not many caterham is the only one I can think of off the top of my head besides the rocket and that has closed rear wheels.
2012-morgan-3-wheeler-fd.jpg
Ford_Electric_33_HotRod_675.jpg
1932_Ford_3_Window_Coupe_Hot_Rod_(4).jpg
blackplymouthprowler4.jpg

ok thats true but only 2 have open rear wheels and thats only because the owners didn't add rear wheel covers. Plus only 1 of those cars is a modern model.

Well I believe that other than a few exceptions, open-wheel cars are mostly illegal in the United States. But the debate about whether it's a road car or track car is a bit mute. A purpose-made "track car" is one that's built with a primary purpose of being fun/fast around a race track but has indicators and head/tail lights so it can be driven on public roads. This doesn't mean it's feasible as a daily driver on public roads, just that it's "legal enough" to transport you to and from the track.

The Rocket seems to attempt being both, a track car that you can regularly enjoy on public roads (safety of open wheels withstanding) and also wring-out on the track, but I highly doubt its feasibility as a daily driver which means it slots squarely into the category of "track car that can technically be driven on public roads". I can't imagine anyone would buy this car thinking it would be great for their daily commute, despite being technically labeled a "road car".

how many open wheel road car do you see not many caterham is the only one I can think of off the top of my head besides the rocket and that has closed rear wheels. Plus, it looks like and old Grand Prix car so thats why I think it was designed for a greater purpose. :) But, I'll agree to disagree it is still the best car on the game IMO.

In the UK we have LOTS of open-wheeled kit cars and road-legal track machines. They're not too popular in the states from what I understand, so it doesn't surprise me that you are unfamiliar with such things, but they certainly aren't uncommon. Things like the Sylva Fury, the Robin Hood S7, a magnitude of Westfields, Locosts, the list goes on.

In answer to your questions about the league, you'll find the answers in the OP 👍

Is this a debate thread on the Rocket, road vs track? I didn't think so, try to stay on topic and not troll Chase's race organizing thread with pointless debates. The time is a little wonky for me but I'm itching to try out this car in a larger field. I'd suggest adopting the GTP OLR as everyone has a different definition of what is "clean" but that's just my personal preference.

I'd prefer a shade of orange if you don't mind.

Is this a debate thread on the Rocket, road vs track? I didn't think so, try to stay on topic and not troll Chase's race organizing thread with pointless debates. The time is a little wonky for me but I'm itching to try out this car in a larger field. I'd suggest adopting the GTP OLR as everyone has a different definition of what is "clean" but that's just my personal preference.

I'd prefer a shade of orange if you don't mind.

Thanks Penso :) you're on the list.

Is this a debate thread on the Rocket, road vs track? I didn't think so, try to stay on topic and not troll Chase's race organizing thread with pointless debates.

Sorry dad, I'll try not to discuss the car we're planning on racing anymore. :guilty: Personally, I'd never heard of this car until GT6 so the debate caused me to do some quick research which led me to discover that this car was the brainchild of the guy who gave us the McLaren F1 and that über petrolhead Jay Leno has one. 👍

I'm really happy to see so many people getting involved here, even if you can't make it the interest is really appreciated 👍. I think we've roughly got 11/12 places on the grid sorted so far so drop the word out to anyone interested, a full 16 spot grid would be superb.

I'm really happy to see so many people getting involved here, even if you can't make it the interest is really appreciated 👍. I think we've roughly got 11/12 places on the grid sorted so far so drop the word out to anyone interested, a full 16 spot grid would be superb.

I would recommend limiting it to no more than 14. If you have 15-16 people on the grid at once you're almost guaranteed to have terrible lag. At least that's how it was in GT5 and the notes on the GT6 lobby screen suggest the same thing.

I would recommend limiting it to no more than 14. If you have 15-16 people on the grid at once you're almost guaranteed to have terrible lag. At least that's how it was in GT5 and the notes on the GT6 lobby screen suggest the same thing.

Noted. I'll limit to 14 then (to be honest I'd be very happy if we got that many!).

EDIT: Actually I'll make that 12, I really don't want to risk any lag.

With 12 (in GT5) there was usually no lag at all but I often allowed 14 and generally didn't have any problems. I always make sure to turn "visual damage" off too, this saves a little bandwidth and any little bit helps. For the best chance of lag-free racing you also want to disable voice chat, but I enjoy chatting with others in the room so I've generally always allowed it. That's your call though. You can turn the chat quality down a bit but this can make everyone sound very quiet, I usually set it a little below "best" (whatever that may be labeled in GT6).

I'd say start with 14 and see how it goes. If lag isn't a problem then keep it at 14. If lag becomes a regular problem you can cut it down to 13 or 12 and/or try disabling voice chat. 👍

With 12 (in GT5) there was usually no lag at all but I often allowed 14 and generally didn't have any problems. I always make sure to turn "visual damage" off too, this saves a little bandwidth and any little bit helps. For the best chance of lag-free racing you also want to disable voice chat, but I enjoy chatting with others in the room so I've generally always allowed it. That's your call though. You can turn the chat quality down a bit but this can make everyone sound very quiet, I usually set it a little below "best" (whatever that may be labeled in GT6).

I'd say start with 14 and see how it goes. If lag isn't a problem then keep it at 14. If lag becomes a regular problem you can cut it down to 13 or 12 and/or try disabling voice chat. 👍

To be honest I was going to disable voice chat for the race anyway, I find it off-putting when I'm trying to concentrate. If everyone sticks about for a bit after though i was planning to turn voice chat on and have a few spot races while having a chat about the next race location and times people are available.

Back