LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
I don't think you can toggle voice chat once the room is open, if you create the room with it disabled it will be disabled as long as the room is open. In order to turn chat on after the race you'd have to open a new room. I've always had a rule in my groups that voice/text chat is ok during practice or when fooling around but during qualifying and racing both voice and chat text are prohibited unless absolutely necessary, it works out fine if you have a group of well-behaved racers. 👍

Not trying to nitpick, just trying to be helpful. :cheers:

I don't think you can toggle voice chat once the room is open, if you create the room with it disabled it will be disabled as long as the room is open. In order to turn chat on after the race you'd have to open a new room. I've always had a rule in my groups that voice/text chat is ok during practice or when fooling around but during qualifying and racing both voice and chat text are prohibited unless absolutely necessary, it works out fine if you have a group of well-behaved racers. 👍

Not trying to nitpick, just trying to be helpful. :cheers:

No, you're not nitpicking. It's helpful advise.

I know a guy whos interested. MaX-Iceman, I've told him to register here.

That's great, probably worth giving the OP a browse beforehand. No points on offer here so clean is paramount (not that I need to even say that i doubt).

No, you're not nitpicking. It's helpful advise.

I've run a few GT5 leagues on here, while I haven't had enough time to really dig into the in's and out's of GT6 online I'm more than happy to share any experience I may have. 👍

I've run a few GT5 leagues on here, while I haven't had enough time to really dig into the in's and out's of GT6 online I'm more than happy to share any experience I may have. 👍

Nah, same to be honest, I was part of a couple of leagues in GT5 but I never really had any interest in hosting myself. I know the procedure for the most part though, and Watermelonpunch has been pretty helpful getting me get this going.

👍 I dabble in graphics too, if you'd like me to whip up some kind of Rocket Car Club logo or something just let me know.

Anyone run any laps yet? I'm curious how far off the pace I am.

1:36.4 my best so far.

P.S. Colour me Red

Anyone run any laps yet? I'm curious how far off the pace I am.

1:36.4 my best so far.

P.S. Colour me Red

In offline arcade mode I've run high 1.33's. I'm not too sure if the physics are different to online lobbies - I know they were in GT5; so if this is time is transferable to an online room I've no idea - I'll try tomorrow. And you know I'm surprised no ones asked for red yet! I'll add that to the list now.

Last edited:
I doubt I can make the race tomorrow. If I can get a ride home from school I can make it. I will let you guys know asap.

It also might be hard to make it at 6:00 PM EST for me, and I have yet to update GT6. I'll still try and make it. I'll tell you if anything changes.

I should be there. I usually get home from work about 30 minutes before the planned start time so that should give me enough time to get logged on and a few practice laps in before we start. I'll send a FR when I get home. :cheers:

No problem guys, maybe next week. If you're going to be pushed on time Brandon I'm sure we can delay the start for you!

No problem guys, maybe next week. If you're going to be pushed on time Brandon I'm sure we can delay the start for you!
Oh, no, shouldn't be an issue at all. I get off work at 5pm (10pm your time) and only takes me 15-20 minutes or so to get home so I should have plenty of time to join up and get a few practice laps in. May blood/alcohol content may not be up to its normal racing standards yet but I'm sure I'll manage! :cheers:

If there is space Id like to join in. Just noticed your avatar, MR2 MK1 fan?

Haha, yes it was my car a few years ago, it since succumbed to rust. I then bought a mark 3 which was certainly faster but no-where near as fun as the AW11. Anyway now I drive an FTO after one too many 'dodgy' moments with the midships.

And you're more than welcome to join us tonight! I'm abandoning car colour because of a few late drop-outs so just bring whatever colour rocket you want.

In offline arcade mode I've run high 1.33's. I'm not too sure if the physics are different to online lobbies - I know they were in GT5; so if this is time is transferable to an online room I've no idea - I'll try tomorrow. And you know I'm surprised no ones asked for red yet! I'll add that to the list now.

Feeling slightly better now I've discovered that I'd left the power limiter somewhere in the 88% range. :embarrassed: Still not going quite fast enough to worry you, but posting in the rather more respectable mid-34s now

Will try and make it, sorry not had chance to practice! Is it brand hatch, SH, tuning prohibited rocket? I have a rocket but its tuned up so will buy a new one and leave it totally stock 👍

Will try and make it, sorry not had chance to practice! Is it brand hatch, SH, tuning prohibited rocket? I have a rocket but its tuned up so will buy a new one and leave it totally stock 👍

You can probably just switch your current Rocket to a different settings sheet and revert everything back to stock (depending on what all you've modified). But they're cheap so buying a new one won't be too bad, just make sure to change the oil as soon as you but it. 👍

I am home from work and firing up the PS3 now to get prepped. Looking forward to some fun Rocket racing. :cheers:

Room up yet?

EDIT: Am I missing something? Shouldn't the room be open by now?

EDIT 2: Sorry guys, I couldn't see the room or MC. I had to log out and back into PSN before I could see them. Then when I tried to join it said the room was full (even though it showed 9/16) and then said this....
image.jpg

I feel bad for holding things up, I have no idea what the hell was going on. My apologies to all.

Last edited:
Room up yet?

EDIT: Am I missing something? Shouldn't the room be open by now?

EDIT 2: Sorry guys, I couldn't see the room or MC. I had to log out and back into PSN before I could see them. Then when I tried to join it said the room was full (even though it showed 9/16) and then said this....
View attachment 91082

I feel bad for holding things up, I have no idea what the hell was going on. My apologies to all.

Absolutely not, you weren't the only one who couldn't join Jobyone couldn't either. You shouldn't feel bad, I feel quite bad for not being able to get you two in the room! I'm really sorry, I've never had anyone not able to join the room before and I have no idea what went on but I'll certainly be looking into it as soon as possible, I might try and get a friend to host and see if that makes any difference at all.

The race was a good laugh though, 0.009 gap between me and Penso for the victory, well deserved by Penso, he drove a spectacular race and had to deal with some traffic. 👍

Anyone have suggestions for the next track feel free to drop a suggestion. As I said I'll be looking into the room issue now.

I don't think it was anything on your end, must have just been some kind of glitch. I've never had it happen nor heard of it happening, very strange.

I'll do some track testing before offering a suggestion, make sure the Rocket has enough gear. 👍

Back