Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,560 comments
Here's the listing where I got my wide and white printed tires for the MP4, if you are interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/335313593713

I tried to spend some time doing Amazing Spider-Man 300 but it was just too much black on black even with the blue outline. So I ended up doing the Detective Comics 27 design instead, it turned out alright. The original colors aren't available at Bricklink (building, rooftop colors) so I had to swap them. I made the backboards for this and Action Comics 1 and I ordered the pieces for AC1 too after the boss approved :lol:

1.png

Jerome

Grabbed the Icons Countach. Guess I've been out of the loop, I didn't know it was available now, thought it was an August release.

Still, August is going to be an expensive Lego month for me even with a $100 VIP/Insiders discount I'm sitting on 😂

To Lego's credit, their version of the P1 does look way better than any of the numerous knockoff Lego P1s already out there.

The Countach was a really clever and fun one to build, still blows my mind what these designers come up with. I might try to build the Creator 911 Turbo soon to have it next to the Countach.
1000017345.jpg

Tricky to build these days with my cat trying to eat everything he sees 😂
1000017326.jpg

My cat gets in the way too. He loves sitting on my cushy lego table as soon as I step away....leaving cat hair everywhere, ugh :lol:

Jerome

I definitely deal with the cat hair too lol but I do have to be careful and not leave pieces out since he will grab one and run away with it to eat. I have at least one minifigure with bite marks on it 😂

Thats a pretty cat, is that an orange tabby? Sorry, I'm not a pet guru.

Jerome

Thats a pretty cat, is that an orange tabby? Sorry, I'm not a pet guru.

Jerome
I guess so. I'm not really sure what a tabby is. He's a Manx though, doesn't have a tail. Which is odd, because his twin brother has a tail.

I was initially going to list my Lego Organizer dubbed 'The Rebuilder' on Etsy, but I can't use the term 'Lego'. These 'buckets' can help organize your Lego pieces in case there's anyone else who has monster sized Lego sets (5,000+) that they want to rebuild some day. There are multiple sizes included; 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3 and 3x3, with lids for each (3cu.in.). You can stack them and cover them should you need to pause your mega re-build. You can of course 3D print the smaller buckets for smaller build too ;)

1.png

2.png

Jerome

Attachments

• The Lego Rebuilder.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It's been a while since I bought anything, money and space have been (and continue to be) tight, but I realised I still needed 35% of the pieces for the SFH_Bricks 787B MOC I was putting together for a friend's birthday and his birthday was today... I ordered the pieces yesterday and was going to see him this weekend but I've just tested positive for COVID so will have to rearrange. Can't say I'm not glad to have some extra time to get those pieces in.

Other than that, I'm just trying to stay off of Bricklink and eBay. Trying to move city, I need the money and don't need even more stuff to move!

Last edited:
It's been a while since I bought anything, money and space have been (and continue to be) tight, but I realised I still needed 35% of the pieces for the SFH_Bricks 787B MOC I was putting together for a friend's birthday and his birthday was today... I ordered the pieces yesterday and was going to see him this weekend but I've just tested positive for COVID so will have to rearrange. Can't say I'm not glad to have some extra time to get those pieces in

Other than that, I'm just trying to stay off of Bricklink and eBay. Trying to move city, I need the money and don't need even more stuff to move!
I saw that 787B MOC on Aliexpress. And CaDA has a version with a different livery. Unless you have to have genuine Lego parts, Aliexpress is pretty good, and cheap. They ship fast too. Every time I order from Aliexpress, I receive it in like 1-2 weeks, from China to Canada. In contrast, my last order from Bricklink from a seller in Canada was on June 20 and I still haven't received my order. And this is only from Ontario to BC.

I saw that 787B MOC on Aliexpress. And CaDA has a version with a different livery. Unless you have to have genuine Lego parts, Aliexpress is pretty good, and cheap. They ship fast too. Every time I order from Aliexpress, I receive it in like 1-2 weeks, from China to Canada. In contrast, my last order from Bricklink from a seller in Canada was on June 20 and I still haven't received my order. And this is only from Ontario to BC.
I actually got a lot of the pieces for it out of the McLaren F1/Solus twin pack that I got for about £10 way back in, like, March? I can't remember when that was. I've been buying the pieces slowly since, trying to get all new pieces and, as usual, Bricklink returned a list of about six sellers so I was doing an order a month for a bit just because they were trivial amounts of money but then stopped because everything else is expensive. I just placed the last three orders, two of which have already arrived, weirdly they both came with Haribo snacks. As it's a birthday present and he knows I'm into Lego it felt a bit rude getting him not-Lego! The only two pieces I couldn't get new were the shiny wheel covers, but the used ones I got (which, annoyingly, came from a seller who had literally nothing else that was on any of my wishlists so each one cost almost £3!) look super clean so I'm happy with that.

Just realised I didn't get him a minifig... That can wait!

So I've been building planes, cars and helicopters for my son using the relatively modest pile of pieces he's got, and he asked me for yet another helicopter with a pretty sad selection of pieces left. I couldn't work out how to connect a main rotor to it for a while, longer than I care to admit, until I had a brainwave...

Screenshot_20240731-192141.png

I somehow doubt this is legal but it's surprisingly strong!

When it comes to "Lego legality", I'm a straight up bandit; I couldn't care less :lol: I think that Heli is awesome and very creative to get those blades to spin buddy.

Jerome

Last edited:
Another custom creation, I introduced him to Monster Jam so now he's all about monster trucks:
markup_1000038669.pngmarkup_1000038670.png

It's quite a lot bigger than it looks, and yes that's the canopy from the McLaren Solus, I decided to dump all the pieces (that he can't easily swallow, anyway) into his box of pieces as I'd taken a lot of pieces for the 787B MOC.

I have to say, even though it's nowhere near as good as an official Lego set, custom creations like this are really fun. The iterative process of "maybe this should be wider, and that should be longer, and I have a 5th wheel so maybe I could put that on the back like a spare" is so natural, and building with a limited selection of pieces helps you think creatively. I just wish I had more 1x4 technic bricks so I could both make the underside more monster truck-like (right now it's got no "suspension") and raise the rear axle by a plate to give it a slight forward rake.

Also somewhat unsurprisingly, he just wants to throw this at things, emulating what they do on YouTube.

Another custom creation, I introduced him to Monster Jam so now he's all about monster trucks:

Also somewhat unsurprisingly, he just wants to throw this at things, emulating what they do on YouTube.
Reminds me of when I was a kid my two bothers and my sister and I would all sit around a pile of Lego for hours making custom cars/trucks before we played "destruction derby" with them by crashing into one another. Part of the fun was trying to rebuild the thing after it inevitably exploded into pieces all over the room.

I still have that pile of Lego, but needless to say many pieces are actually broken. Granted, some pieces in that pile I was able to determine came from sets as far back as late 1960s early 70s!

Back