Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:57.795

Entry: After the learning curve of sports tires, I suppose the entry is on par with what the tires will allow. Car seems balanced on entry, but doesn't quite turn in enough for my liking, but again, this may be the tires not the tune.

Middle: Understeer. The center of the turn, made me realize the entry wasn't just the tires. The car is tight for me, from the entry, which is then carried through the center of the turn.

Exit: I can't put my finger on it, but I had an issue with the rear end staying behind the car when I'd get back to the gas, regardless of my discipline to feathering. Now, it didn't feel like an LSD issue, and neither tire showed up red, when I was experiencing this. It's almost as if the rear of the car was steering the front of the car. I assume it may be due to the slightly higher than normal rear toe on this tune, but I can't say for sure. I tried to use this to help through the center, by entering slower, and accelerating through the apex and out of the corner, to try and take advantage of this tendency, but it was definitely a tight rope situation, where one slip up, and you're down for the count.

Overall I'm not really sure what to say. I'm going to compare this to RKM's tune and see if these quirks are part of the tune, the car, or maybe just the tires. Based on what I experience with RKM's, I might throw some Racing Hard tires on, and re-test both tunes, to see if I can add some helpful information for you.

Test Track #2: Deep Forest Raceway
Best Lap: 1:15.966

1 tenth slower than RKM's, but to be honest it took me twice as many laps than RKM's did to run their best lap.

The rear end still wants to jump around on me. It won't allow me to get back to the throttle as soon as I could to pick up some time. Oddly enough, the braking helped me on the first corner of this track for some reason, but all others turns in the track favored RKM's higher balance, for shorter stop times in the mid MPH range. The rear toe combined with the elevation changes in the track were slightly hazardous.

But............ I made a video, shows theLDP tune side by side with the RKM ghost.
Uploading as we speak, will post later on tonight.

Hey Paulie, glad to see your Tuning house is open (I'm sure to drop some GT credits in this store haha).

Haven't got much into the tuning side yet as I'm still slowly working my way through the game, but have decided today to start testing some cars.

Anyway goodluck with things, I hope to drop by some and see you out there on the track.
Cheers,
BroncosXR8

P.S Your not in QLD are you? If you are take care if its flooded near you :)

Thanks mate. Sounds like your house is OK if you're posting here which is good.👍

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:57.795

Test Track #2: Deep Forest Raceway
Best Lap: 1:15.966

1 tenth slower than RKM's, but to be honest it took me twice as many laps than RKM's did to run their best lap.

The rear end still wants to jump around on me. It won't allow me to get back to the throttle as soon as I could to pick up some time. Oddly enough, the braking helped me on the first corner of this track for some reason, but all others turns in the track favored RKM's higher balance, for shorter stop times in the mid MPH range. The rear toe combined with the elevation changes in the track were slightly hazardous.

But............ I made a video, shows theLDP tune side by side with the RKM ghost.
Uploading as we speak, will post later on tonight.

Do you want to race me? I'll show you how to drive my Camaro, you can have the RKM Camaro. I'll do that even with my GT5-induced injury to my shoulder.:lol: You know what would be a good replay ghost to watch? My Camaro vs his in a 100-0 challenge. Pick an exact braking point and do the test on a flat track with no corner near by, then repeat with his and post the replay. I'm actually a little suspicious of this stopping power claim. I still know this Camaro suits me very well (except online at the GVS hairpin where both RJ and I struggled as the online physics did some wierd junk to it at that corner). I may do a stopping power test of my own.
And also, I have no idea how you're getting this rear end to jump around, one of the more planted cars I've driven in the game.

Edit: I drove the car again and you were right about the toe, it made 2nd gear corners a little easier but at 3rd gear or higher corners (most of them) it wasn't necessary, so I'll be adjusting that to +0.02. However, I tested the brakes and exactly as I thought it made no difference at all to stopping distance- if anything mine stopped more consistently due to not over working the tyres, so I don't know what you've got going there. My test lap times were 1'15.4 on Deep Forest Raceway and 1'54.7 at Grand Valley Speedway after a few attempts. Thanks for the feedback on the rear toe though.👍

Last edited:
Yeah, these tunes are beastly. Even Bob loves 'em :embarrassed:.

Any chance that I could expect Nissan Motul Pitwork Z '06 tune?

I know it handles amazingly already, but... There are no limits when improving :D.

Do you want to race me? I'll show you how to drive my Camaro

Edit: I drove the car again and you were right about the toe, it made 2nd gear corners a little easier but at 3rd gear or higher corners (most of them) it wasn't necessary, so I'll be adjusting that to +0.02. However, I tested the brakes and exactly as I thought it made no difference at all to stopping distance- if anything mine stopped more consistently due to not over working the tyres, so I don't know what you've got going there. My test lap times were 1'15.4 on Deep Forest Raceway and 1'54.7 at Grand Valley Speedway after a few attempts. Thanks for the feedback on the rear toe though.👍

Adjusted rear toe to the +.02 as you've mentioned. 5 laps of warm up, and then on lap 8 I ran (so lap 3 technically) 1:15.6xx, for a 3 tenths improvement. I'm still having issues with the rear end staying behind the car though, but since toe obviously wasn't the culprit, I'll have to blame the tires, combined with my heavy foot. The .6 still had room for improvement by 3 tenths based on my sector 1 time, where I was ahead of the shadow by 1.2, but ended the lap only .9 ahead, resulting in the 1:15.6.

Due to your comments and my competitiveness, I felt compelled to beat your posted lap of a .4. So I ran about 15 more laps trying to get those 3 tenths back, and managed a best of a 1:15.112. If I was willing to run another 20 laps, I know I can shave 2 tenths off of my sector 1 time, but it would require me, to run my best of all sectors all in the same lap, and well... you know how that goes, lol.

I do feel I can break into the :14's if I altered some things to my style, but don't have any plans to do so in the near future. Regardless, the update made quite a difference.

I do have 1 question, that could possibly be the issue, I've just realized. You don't how the Super Charger listed in the cars upgrades. Is this a typo, or a mistake on my part? If not, it would explain my lack of ability to keep the rear end planted, but it doesn't explain your HP rating of 545, because when I remove the Super Charger, I drop to 519hp? Just curious as to clear things up. RKM's tune called for the Super Charger and was also rated at 547, so I just assumed both cars used it. If this is incorrect please let me know, thanks.

I do have 1 question, that could possibly be the issue, I've just realized. You don't how the Super Charger listed in the cars upgrades. Is this a typo, or a mistake on my part? If not, it would explain my lack of ability to keep the rear end planted, but it doesn't explain your HP rating of 545, because when I remove the Super Charger, I drop to 519hp? Just curious as to clear things up. RKM's tune called for the Super Charger and was also rated at 547, so I just assumed both cars used it. If this is incorrect please let me know, thanks.

Look more carefully at the parts lists; the LDP version uses a few parts that I don't to make roughly the same power with less torque.

Adjusted rear toe to the +.02 as you've mentioned. 5 laps of warm up, and then on lap 8 I ran (so lap 3 technically) 1:15.6xx, for a 3 tenths improvement. I'm still having issues with the rear end staying behind the car though, but since toe obviously wasn't the culprit, I'll have to blame the tires, combined with my heavy foot. The .6 still had room for improvement by 3 tenths based on my sector 1 time, where I was ahead of the shadow by 1.2, but ended the lap only .9 ahead, resulting in the 1:15.6.

Due to your comments and my competitiveness, I felt compelled to beat your posted lap of a .4. So I ran about 15 more laps trying to get those 3 tenths back, and managed a best of a 1:15.112. If I was willing to run another 20 laps, I know I can shave 2 tenths off of my sector 1 time, but it would require me, to run my best of all sectors all in the same lap, and well... you know how that goes, lol.

I do feel I can break into the :14's if I altered some things to my style, but don't have any plans to do so in the near future. Regardless, the update made quite a difference.

Well you've certainly got pace at least at Deep Forest I'll give you that. Are you entering the GTP Registry Qualifier? You'd probably stand well to make Division 1 based on those times. So basically as RJ said I don't use a supercharger, and his version no doubt accelerates faster in a straight line but mine is all naturally aspirated. Unfortunately to test ours separately you'd need two Camaros. That may also explain your considerable Deep Forest pace but how could I know?:D

Look more carefully at the parts lists; the LDP version uses a few parts that I don't to make roughly the same power with less torque.

It probably means that my version with the same setup is slightly slower but as you can see I'm not worried about that.:sly:

Well you've certainly got pace at least at Deep Forest I'll give you that. Are you entering the GTP Registry Qualifier? You'd probably stand well to make Division 1 based on those times. So basically as RJ said I don't use a supercharger, and his version no doubt accelerates faster in a straight line but mine is all naturally aspirated. Unfortunately to test ours separately you'd need two Camaros. That may also explain your considerable Deep Forest pace but how could I know?:D

Well, I'll be the first to admit I f#$%ed up... in a way.
I did not test the tunes 'as written' unfortunately my ASSumptions got the better of me. What I can tell you, is that both cars were tested with the exact same Engine Power set up. Leaving only the settings of the adjustables as a variable between each tune. Technically it's wrong, but it's how I would have done it regardless in all honesty. I wouldn't have compared times against 2 cars with different engine builds, as I don't see the point.

So, to my review I'll add a disclaimer that both tunes were tested with all the same parts, as to avoid any power advantages, leaving only the tuning ability at stake. My apologies for the mistake.

Edit: I am planning on doing the weekly racing thing, but I don't expect to be in division 1. I'm full knowing, that my driving abilities as well as lap times, are not up to par, with many others that I've seen posted around GTP. As you may have noticed, I only do reviews on 5 main tracks, and it's simply because they're the only ones I'm experienced enough with, to feel comfortable comparing cars on. Other tracks open up far too much potential, for driver error, to cause discrepancies in the tune, that I feel would be unfair to the tuners. To avoid this, I stick to only tracks I know well enough, to confidently say, the lap times are because of the car, not because 'this lap was cleaner' ya know?

Last edited:
Just like to say thanks for the RS6 tune. I had max'd it out with mods, but was struggling with the setup. It felt like i was driving a car with a fixed front axle before, now it's ace!!
Thanks

Just like to say thanks for the RS6 tune. I had max'd it out with mods, but was struggling with the setup. It felt like i was driving a car with a fixed front axle before, now it's ace!!
Thanks

Awesome, 👍 for the feedback and glad you enjoyed the set up.

Wanted to come out of lurking and add my kudos.

GT5 is my first Gran Turismo game. I play with a controller, and I'm not especially good.

That said, I used the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 tune to handily win the Historic Racing Car cup (the races against the Toyota 7, Chapparal 2J/2D, etcetera). I was sure I'd have to wait to do that race until I found a 2J or 7 of my own. I hope I can eventually learn to tune half so well. :)

I love both your NSX and GTR, dont count the number of races I won because of them ! So yeah big thanks. Can't wait for more tune car by you ^^

I only wish I had more time to spare to tune more cars up to a standard I'm happy to release. The past couple of months have been really hectic for me, but once these exams are over (last one next week) I should be back into the swing of things a little more.

Paulie the Veyron tune is wonderful. I love it. I tried tuning it myself and couldn't get it any better than what you have. The only issue I have is in B Spec mode on Trial Mountain. On the back straight away with the uphill followed by a downhill the car lifts off and takes flight causing the driver to fly into the wall. Any ideas? Thanks!

Umm, no, I have no suggestions for preventing the car from taking to the skies other than making it slower.:lol: Downforce would help greatly with that too, but you can't have it on the Veyron.

LDP Granturismo R Predator Edition
(674hp/503kw @ 7,900rpm) (670Nm/494ft-lbs @ 5,900rpm) (1337kg) (PP)

ahrweilergate.jpg

Description: Maserati wanted a car that could go toe to toe with the Ferarri 599XX and GTO, but as you can imagine Ferrari repeatedly denied them. So, desperate to show the world Maserati does not have to play second fiddle to Ferrari, but unable to do the deed themselves they sought the help of our garage to create an upgrade package that would see the Granturismo be able to take it to Ferrari's best. The engine is worked to over 670hp, and the interior stripped only leaving the essentials. A rear lip spoiler is functional in giving some downforce to the package, and we've tuned the suspension to match the engine. After taking it for a spring around Nurburgring, Maserati were extremely pleased to see it match the 599XX's time exactly at 6'58, and this was on a day after it had rained the day before, so the track was still a little greasy. In order for Maserati to truly take it to Ferrari, we needed to be able to offer this package for retail sales, not just a one-off, so now it is available to anyone. The Trident has not been positioned this well in the performance stakes since the MC12.

Base Model: Maserati Granturismo S '08

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Rear Spliiter
Rear Wing
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at redline.
It really does understeer a fair amount still, but you have to be aware of oversteer standing on the brakes to heavily into a corner.
The engine was not fully run in when I posted this, so yours will get more power.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.177
2nd: 2.682
3rd: 1.904
4th: 1.422
5th: 1.117
6th: 0.924
Final: 3.307
Max Speed: 390km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -25/-23
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.6/5.0
Dampers Extension: 5/7
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: -0.16/+0.16

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/9

Last edited:
Thanks paulie! i just signed up JUST to comment on this thread, honestly. the maserati worked great! i recently used you 458 Italia tune aswell :) i was wondering if you had an audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 In the works, would LOVE to get that beast tamed. also the GTR Tune is awesome. Keep up the good work!:)

LDP GNX Predator Edition
(443hp/330kw @ 5,100rpm) (692Nm @ 3,600rpm) (1302kg)

nrburgringnordschleifeo.jpg

Description: The GNX is a revered and lusted after rarity, however it's not revered for its handling capabilities, more its drag racing supremacy. Lion's Den Performance has decided to go about rectifying that. Starting from scratch with a custom chassis, we've used all adjustable suspension gear, boosted the power to 330kw and stripped the weight, as well as improved drivetrain. The result surprised even us, with a GNX that responds to inputs and managed to haul around The Ring in 7'33. I'll say that again, a 330kw GNX has managed a lap time usually reserved for supercars. Enjoy!

Base Model: Buick GNX '87

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
The ideal shift point would be 5,500rpm, however on corner approach it's fine to run out the gear
Under heavy heavy braking combined with turning the car will step the rear out, it can even be helpful at times.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 2.635
2nd: 1.639
3rd: 1.133
4th: 0.832
5th: 0.650
Final: 3.420
Max Speed: 370km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/12
Acceleration: 0/52
Deceleration: 0/8

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.6/4.0
Dampers Extension: 5/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 2.2/1.9
Toe: -0.08/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

Im intrested in trying something new and was wondering how this tune would play out for Laguna Seca 200 Endurance Race?

Last edited:
Nice work on the Maserati tune! Have you guys thought of showing the '02 TVR Tamora some love? I haven't ran across a tune from one of the tuning garages on here for that car as of yet. I have one that I've been messing around with....what a fiesty little convertible! This thing weighs about as much as the MX-5 but has twice as much power! I think it'd fit in nicely with your Predator Edition series. :)

Umm, no, I have no suggestions for preventing the car from taking to the skies other than making it slower.:lol: Downforce would help greatly with that too, but you can't have it on the Veyron.

Yeah its a shame you can't adjust the downforce on the Veyron. When I run it in A-Spec I just brake right at the top of the hill to shift the weight onto the front wheels but unfortunately there's no way to get that idea to Bob.

Can't wait to try out the new Maserati tune. I haven't messed around with that car much yet. I'll give you some feedback when I get there!

Thanks a lot for the Veyron tune! Exactly, what I needed! :)

You're welcome.:)

Thanks paulie! i just signed up JUST to comment on this thread, honestly. the maserati worked great! i recently used you 458 Italia tune aswell :) i was wondering if you had an audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 In the works, would LOVE to get that beast tamed. also the GTR Tune is awesome. Keep up the good work!:)

Thanks, but I have no plans for the R8 5.2 as of this moment.

Im intrested in trying something new and was wondering how this tune would play out for Laguna Seca 200 Endurance Race?

For speed it wouldn't be much of a problem, but tyre wear may be an issue- so I don't know.

Nice work on the Maserati tune! Have you guys thought of showing the '02 TVR Tamora some love? I haven't ran across a tune from one of the tuning garages on here for that car as of yet. I have one that I've been messing around with....what a fiesty little convertible! This thing weighs about as much as the MX-5 but has twice as much power! I think it'd fit in nicely with your Predator Edition series. :)

I've already done the Race Mod Tuscan, so I'd like to do some other cars before heading back to the TVR stable.

Hey man just want to give you some props. I started out with your tunes on GT5P but I have been trying to do more tuning myself, but I always enjoy trying out your tunes and have started using them again in GT5 so thanks again.

Would you consider re-arranging your cars list on the first page to Date Added, as opposed to alphabetically?

Because if I manage to miss a title update that shows what new car you added .. if I come a week later and skim your list I might miss a new car.

Also, you can update the first page when you update a car tune so we know to try it out again to see which is better, etc.

For speed it wouldn't be much of a problem, but tyre wear may be an issue- so I don't know.

I gave it a try with Racing Hard (too slippery with Sports Soft) but they started to give up after 15 laps but i ran them for a full 20 before hitting pit lane and I was able to achieve a lap time of 1:35:0XX

You're welcome.:)

Thanks, but I have no plans for the R8 5.2 as of this moment.

Boo D: The R8 Is a fun machine, you can just slide in and out of any corner. mine is Pink with yellow rims, Looks mad :D Also my Chrome 458 Italia looks nice, its your tune :D

Paulie, just wanted to thank you for posting up your tunes for the following: Corvette Stingray '69, FT-86 Concept '10, NSX GT500, and Tuscan Speedster 6 '00. I recently started using the DFGT wheel, and these tunes have made these cars an absolute pleasure to drive! By the way, I noticed that you're interested in seeing if the NSX tune translates over ot the other GT500 class NSX cars - it's definitely been an improvement in handling and cornering on my Raybrig NS-X '06.

Give the R8 some thought... It's an amazing car. Ran mine around in the ring in 6:29.000... the AWD and mid-engine combo is awesome.

And good work with the tunes, I've used a few to tighten up some of my cars. But I always max my cars out and run on racing tires. Maybe I'm missing some "feel" or something but I just really like running the fastest lap times I can.

Like the Camaro... you guys were running 1:15.00's ... but if you supercharge it and throw on some soft slicks... boom 1:11.00's haha.

Btw... in my attempts at the seasonal time trials it seems you have to have a 900 degree sequential steering wheel to be competitive... I just have a controller, so I rarely come within a couple seconds of the top times. So times are hard to compare because of how much variation there is.

The R8 is already a great car, and there are many others I want to do first, so unless Dragonistic wants to do one I won't be doing it any time soon.
Thanks for the NSX feedback Ruta.👍

Paulie

I applied your LDP NSX Predator Edition X tune to a new, RM converted car (lime green with dark green metallic wheels; looks cool!) and thought I'd share the results for what they're worth.

I was replacing a "bodged" tune from a different NSX (I forget which one) that I fooled around with but just couldn't get right. Out of the box your tune was way more driveable/comfortable. On HSR (I benchmark there because it uses all the dynamics in quick, easy laps) it was a little slow though, about .7/lap behind the old tune.

I'll spare you my "chassis whispering" nonsense and get to the point; changing the LSD acceleration sensitivity from 40 to 32 gave it enough jump to shave a full second on HSR with Race/Soft tires. It benchmarked within 1/2 sec (1:04.487) of my F40 with 610HP/1125KG!

Oh yeah, speaking of horsepower, my initial upgrades produced 218HP. I ran B-Spec Expert Midrange race (10 laps HSR Reverse) on sports soft tires for break in while I did other stuff. After 4 laps with no input from me, the car was cruising in third. I gave it one boost (up pace) and it took the lead at the end of the main straight. Again on its own it dueled with a Saleen and a McLaren for the balance of the race; finally finishing an impressive second, 00.067 behind the McLaren (which had come from last on the grid). First time I've actually enjoyed a B-spec race, at least the six laps I watched!

Anyway I'm interest in your thoughts about my tweak, and really appreciate your help in producing a big fun race car!

Cheers,

Toweliieee

Back