Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Oversteer from the Acura? Is that even possible? Under brakes or acceleration?

On breaking. It's a very unique corner tho and happen only really on that corner. 99.9%of the time it's good but on that turn no matter how I take it, I always have oversteer on entry, even if I stay in 3rd. It's turn 5 in Deep forest btw dunno if you see which it is.

Doesnt happen on the NSX-R

do you have one for the Viper SRT 10, the tune I have from other forums here still arnt that good. I slide all over the road :(

is the NSX R 02 can I use that tune on the 01 NSX R, and can I use the 91 tune on my 92 NSX?

is the NSX R 02 can I use that tune on the 01 NSX R, and can I use the 91 tune on my 92 NSX?

Put simply, we don't know. The 91 is on a race mod NSX though and you won't be able to race modify any other NSX but that Acura 91 from the premium dealer. That's not to say it wouldn't improve the 92 as well, but we can't guarantee it will and it won't be optimised for that car.

The 02 set up on an 01 Type R should work ok though but again I can't guarantee it as I haven't done it, I must ask though why don't you just get the correct models? Or do you already have the used cars in your garage? If you don't, the used NSXs aren't even that cheap so you may as well buy the new ones instead.

Put simply, because we're tuning those models to be road cars. Racing tyres are overkill on many of these cars and kill some of their character making them less entertaining to drive. Paulie has made a couple of race cars as well, see post 2, but the Predator Editions aren't focused on all out speed but I'll go into more detail.

It's a taste thing more then anything, when I go online and see people running around in their Veyrons and GTRs etc. on Racing Softs I just think how bored I would be driving those cars. The Predator Edition range is specifically focused on creating the ultimate road car experience(s) which means keeping street legal tyres, I personally find that to be a much more entertaining car to drive then the aforementioned online users using racing soft on absolutely everything. Using slightly less grippy tyres allows you to dance just over the edge of what a car is capable of rather then having to forcefully push a car into going beyond it's capability and there's less progression once you get there, I for one like cars such as the NSX Type R I pumped out which allow you to slide the car at small angles effortlessly and give you lots of control over what the car does when you're right on the limit of what can be done. Were I to fit slicks, and I have for an endurance race, it just dampens that experience a little, though of course it's faster but also easier and therein a less immersing experience.

Racing tyres on racing cars by all means I will use for a more realistic experience, and perhaps later on I'll make the odd home-made race cars (which won't neccessarily use the Racing Modification) but for me personally I'm not currently interested in making those cars just yet.

Paulie obviously has delved into race car tuning a little more, but I sense he to is more interested in creating road cars at this point in time though he may give a better answer than I.

Edit: To go further (perhaps more then strictly neccessary) my tuning philosophy is generally, particularly with Predator Editions, to create a car which I enjoy to drive, which provides me with the experience I want when I envision what I wish to create. It may sound silly but bare with me, but I tune these cars (bar requests which I'll do later on in GT life) for myself and nobody else, in order to create exactly what I want and put some of my own personality and care into my set ups. I then usually release the car as it is in the hope others are looking for the same thing, which is why I make no promise of the best lap times out there and why I generally don't try to out-do other tuners in a lap time battle.

A cars feel and personality is far more important to me, I usually decide I want this car to feel like this, then go about creating that sensation to the best of my ability which is why I initially was desperate for feedback in order to gauge if anyone was actually interested in what I had to offer. When I open up for requests (probably end of this month and no I won't be handing them out for free :lol:) I will be striving to do the same on behalf of someone else to give them the same satisfaction I get from my best work, I'll ask what they want their car to be unless they just want me to get to work in whatever way I like which is usually where my better results come from.

It may not prove to make me the most popular tuner out there, or the most successful, but so long as I provide just a handful of drivers with an experience they enjoy, I will be happy.

Last edited:
LDP GTR Spec X Predator Edition
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Description: The ultimate Japanese supercar gone wild, the Spec X is the most extreme expression of the most technological road going sports car on the road today combined with old fashioned tuning and sheer, brute force courtesy of LDP's engine tuning department. Developing in excess of 800bhp this GTR packs one hell of a punch, particularly off the line, but by no means has the Spec X been turned into a one trick pony. This GTR is designed to go around corners fast as well using the monstrous tower of power provided by the VR38DETT, complete with high RPM turbo's, to catapult you towards the next turn or given enough room (and longer gearing) will go on to over 240mph.

Base Model: Nissan GTR Spec V '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System (Chosen for appearance and noise but will accept other exhausts)
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Front Splitter
Extensions
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Extremely fast straight line performance, don't overshoot braking.
Dif' set up to not cause understeer at high speed but subsequently will oversteer out of slow corners, controllable but be aware of it. Short shift to avoid this problem if you don't have precise throttle control.
Generally stable in all other environments.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.453
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.589
4th: 1.190
5th: 0.938
6th: 0.777
Final: 3.700
Max Speed: 236mph

Downforce:
2/22

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 5/13
Acceleration: 20/45
Deceleration: 10/20
Torque Split: 25/75

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 15.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 7/6
Dampers Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.2/1.5
Toe: +0.18/-0.10

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Thanks for this tune ... I worked hours trying to get the understeer out of this pig. Finally gave up. I take my road cars to pro tuners (S2000 and Evo VIII) so why should I muck with it in the game when there are experts? ;)

Not that it's a huge deal, but I can't match the gear ratio settings on the Spec V ... I set 236 top speed but the individual gears are off. Matter of fact, no speed will make 1st match 3.453 for example.

I also did your Italia tune and for that one the gear ratio's matched perfectly.

On breaking. It's a very unique corner tho and happen only really on that corner. 99.9%of the time it's good but on that turn no matter how I take it, I always have oversteer on entry, even if I stay in 3rd. It's turn 5 in Deep forest btw dunno if you see which it is.

Doesnt happen on the NSX-R

Would that be the long right hander that leads into the tunnel? I can have a look later on, to see what you might be able to if you want me to. First though, try increasing the front brake bias by one unit (or decrease the rear brake bias by one unit) and see how that goes for that track.

do you have one for the Viper SRT 10, the tune I have from other forums here still arnt that good. I slide all over the road :(

I don't have a tune for the Viper at the moment, although I certainly wouldn't mind doing one, I should probably get more in to the American muscle I adore so much.

Is there some reason why are you using soft sport tyres or just the price?

Just to add to what Dragonistic said:
I enjoy driving road cars, and most of the time people only buy semi-slicks for their real life track cars anyway, most racing series use semi-slicks even. Perhaps unlike Dragonistic, I am looking to make a car fast, but in order to be fast it has to be brilliant to drive anyway, so go figure. If you're looking for racing cars, check post #2 of this thread where we post our race cars (although there are only 2 there at this stage). When you see a Predator Edition X, they're a lot more like full on speed machines. If you've ever seen a Super Lap competition, they too use semi-slicks.

I am looking to make a car fast, but in order to be fast it has to be brilliant to drive

I am glad you dont tune on slicks. I have recently found that a few of the tunes I am using online are not so great when sports tyres are put on (got a civic type R that is great for medium weight, low HP races, but my god it is horrible on anything but R tyres). Racing slicks hide tuning sins.

Oversteer from the Acura? Is that even possible? Under brakes or acceleration?

Yep, I get lots of oversteer with my NSX RM. It is not under power (as in not a power drift) or braking, it is mid corner. I lost a race the other night at trial mountain when I spun around in the long left hander after the long straight. This is with racing softs though rather than the sports of your tune. It is wicked fast in the corners, but it is a knife edge.

Last edited:
Thanks for this tune ... I worked hours trying to get the understeer out of this pig. Finally gave up. I take my road cars to pro tuners (S2000 and Evo VIII) so why should I muck with it in the game when there are experts? ;)

Not that it's a huge deal, but I can't match the gear ratio settings on the Spec V ... I set 236 top speed but the individual gears are off. Matter of fact, no speed will make 1st match 3.453 for example.

I also did your Italia tune and for that one the gear ratio's matched perfectly.

I'm guessing I made some sort of translation error when moving it across, I'll double check and edit but 236 is the correct top speed I use for most circuits I do believe. Some might require an extra bit but not many.

Did you use another account to ask yourself this question so you could post your self-indulgent response? Be honest. :lol:

:lol: Just giving full answers 👍

As for that Acura, I didn't make it and I haven't driven it but perhaps the car is bottoming out on dips?

I'm guessing I made some sort of translation error when moving it across, I'll double check and edit but 236 is the correct top speed I use for most circuits I do believe. Some might require an extra bit but not many.

:lol: Just giving full answers 👍

As for that Acura, I didn't make it and I haven't driven it but perhaps the car is bottoming out on dips?

I'm right with you, avoid race tyres as much as possible 👍

Would that be the long right hander that leads into the tunnel? I can have a look later on, to see what you might be able to if you want me to. First though, try increasing the front brake bias by one unit (or decrease the rear brake bias by one unit) and see how that goes for that track.

Ok I'll try to play with break ratio a bit, will tell you how it goes. And yes it's that turn, right before the tunnel.

It won't be bottoming out on the corner he's having problems with, it's smooth there.

It won't be bottoming out on the corner he's having problems with, it's smooth there.

Interesting, I couldn't remember for the life of me which turn 5 was :lol: so I just offered up the only thing I could think of which would cause a violent movement.

Interesting, I couldn't remember for the life of me which turn 5 was :lol: so I just offered up the only thing I could think of which would cause a violent movement.

It's a long corner that some people may trail brake heavily, so maybe my current brake balance will break out the rear under a long period of heavy trail braking. I haven't had the time to test it yet, PS3 didn't even go on tonight, I had bad news to go and collect this afternoon.:indiff:

Last edited:
LDP RS 6X Predator Edition
(956bhp @ 7,400rpm) (96kgfm @ 6,900rpm) (1524kg)

SpecialStageRoute7_3.jpg

Description: Practicality meets speed with the Audi RS6 Avant, but LDP thought it was time to add a trunk full of insanity to the mix. The large turbo mated to the fully retuned 5 litre V10 which we all know and love from the baby Lambo, the motor now pushes over 950bhp (with run-in) making this estate one of the fastest on the planet. So surely you'd expect some aerodynamic aids to help keep all this power in check? Wrong, we didn't want to spoil the exterior looks so instead work began on perfecting the new full race suspension along with a vast diet for the whole car in order to make this car fly around in the Nurburgring Nordschleife in under 7 minutes with plenty of change. It may not be the first thing which comes to mind when you think of a track racer, but this one will haunt your memory for an age.

Base Model: Audi RS 6 Avant '08

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.

Tuner's Notes:
Big power, big weight, you know the drill. Careful on braking points as you will be traveling faster then many other cars when you hit them and the weight doesn't stop as fast.
Generally quite stable though obvious this much power will brake the tyres loose if forced.

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.616
2nd: 2.308
3rd: 1.633
4th: 1.215
5th: 0.952
6th: 0.786
Final: 3.317
Max Speed: 249mph

Downforce:
N/A

Initial Torque: 15/15
Acceleration: 35/45
Deceleration: 15/20
Torque Split: 30/70

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.3/8.3
Dampers Extension: 7/6
Dampers Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/1.3
Toe: +0.24/-0.11

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

allready try it, don't like it. the car is hard to handle @ corner. for 4WD still best setting of your is GTR'09. tks anyway.

allready try it, don't like it. the car is hard to handle @ corner. for 4WD still best setting of your is GTR'09. tks anyway.

Did you read the AUP before agreeing to abide by it? Read it again. Plus why are you comparing a 960hp wagon to an R35 GTR? You should be comparing what this RS6 was like to drive (with all parts equipped) before and after Phil's settings were applied.

Did you read the AUP before agreeing to abide by it? Read it again. Plus why are you comparing a 960hp wagon to an R35 GTR? You should be comparing what this RS6 was like to drive (with all parts equipped) before and after Phil's settings were applied.

don't mean compare it paulie but i just make opinion that this car doesn't suit me. i bought all of cars that you already tuned up and love all of them accept this one.

More importantly to me, why is it hard to handle? Where are you having trouble and perhaps I can offer some sort of solution. It is a heavy and extremely powerful car though with no downforce, so it's never going to be great in the twisty stuff especially compared to the GTR you're referring to.

I really like that GT-R 09 setup, i `ve beaten my personal benchmark time at my first try with it, and i can repeat that lap time continuous.

But there is one thing I don`t like, i guess LSD settings causing this "problem".

As a Joypad user a GT-R in general pushes very hard to the outside compared to other cars if you are on full throttel out of a corner.
Alltough this setup feels very stable this got worse in my opinion.

For example at grand valley east the sector were you are supposed to brake on top of the hill rolling trough a right hand corner and down the hill afterwards.
With this setup i always gamble by hiting the grass or not. Same problem at the left hand corner which enters the tunnel.
The GT-R pushes veeeery hard towards the wall.

Is there a way to improve this?

LDP FT-86 By-Gee Predator Edition
(410hp/306kw @ 7,900rpm) (377Nm @ 7,400rpm) (910kg)

ahrweilerstreet.jpg

Description: By gee by golly by gosh, this car was in a sad state when it got to us, we have no idea what Toyota were thinking! Incessant lift-off oversteer, on throttle oversteer, oversteer under brakes, and getting airborn over ants! Well Toyota let us try to fix it for circuit racing, and once again we've come out on top. There were some provisos though, such as not being able to change that rear wing for added downforce, darn concept cars. Either way, this car wasn't given to us directly by Toyota, it was given to a young chap by Toyota to take for some hot laps to promote it, who then found out how horrid it was and proceedingly took it to us to dial in. With the package developed, we have it ready for public consumption now.

Base Model: Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 8,000rpm.
It can be prone to stepping the rear out slightly under heavy trail braking.
Toyota really have another AE86 on their hands here, good for drifting, not perfect for racing.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.105
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.442
4th: 1.084
5th: 0.856
6th: 0.711
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/45

Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/6.0
Dampers Extension: 4/3
Dampers Compression: 2/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.6/1.4
Toe: -0.14/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

What would you change here for a drift setup?

What would you change here for a drift setup?

The standard setup on this car did a lot of drifting, but since I can hardly drift myself I wouldn't know what works and what doesn't.

I really like that GT-R 09 setup, i `ve beaten my personal benchmark time at my first try with it, and i can repeat that lap time continuous.

But there is one thing I don`t like, i guess LSD settings causing this "problem".

As a Joypad user a GT-R in general pushes very hard to the outside compared to other cars if you are on full throttel out of a corner.
Alltough this setup feels very stable this got worse in my opinion.

For example at grand valley east the sector were you are supposed to brake on top of the hill rolling trough a right hand corner and down the hill afterwards.
With this setup i always gamble by hiting the grass or not. Same problem at the left hand corner which enters the tunnel.
The GT-R pushes veeeery hard towards the wall.

Is there a way to improve this?

That's because it's a 800bhp AWD car with a load of traction, you have to adjust your line if you want to hit full throttle on the exit of a turn. The LSD is tuned to maintain traction and generally reduce understeer to some extent, that in conjunction with the VCD should allow for on throttle oversteer in the lower speed turns to avoid that front end push as much as can be expected.

I would suggest taking traction lines, slowing down a little more, turning in a little later, and getting the car straight quicker allowing you to punch the gas sooner rather then a momentum line. I may take a look at the LSD again and see what I can do, as I did rush it a little in that area, but you could also go for more rear bias power if you can hold a slide without lighting up the tyres.

Just another small review of your 458 tune being used without rear wing...

Had several races with a friend against a tuned ABT Audi TT Touring Car, all AIDS forbidden. I ended up winning the race, 2 laps of the 'ring. I'm impressed, even with an "incomplete" car. Very well done.

@Dragonistic

I tryed to adjust LSD to my driving style. Because you are sure right about how you pointed out a GT-R has to be driven. Patience through a corner, sharp turning and then... pedal to the metal.

First I set acc. sense on front wheels to 60 just to see the effect. It helped in corners with a long exit, but went horrible wrong by changing direction very fast.
The car gets very nervous and you never know, do I have to correct or is just the LSD going crazy. So I set it at 50 and it didn`t do much too.

I thought i am just going to force that car very drastic to have better steering but overall you`re left with a slower very nervous car - so that didn`t work!

Then i tryed to put all torque to its rear wheels. Didn`t improve steering alot from my perspective (shouldn`t anyway by all logic) and again you will be slower overall. Noticable less acceleration on a straight and sligthly less through a croner. But it added a bit of sensation to this GT-R with short tail slides sorting out itself, what i was looking for.
But it`s not worth to sacrafice overall performance for a bit of tail slide to enter corners if you ask for.

Maybe I am just asking this car to do more than it ever could do. A GT-R is 640kw on rails an thats not bad at the end.

Group X Touring Cars
Lion's Den Performance Racing is working on a series to be known as Group X Touring Cars. Taking cues from the Predator Edition X nomenclature, this will be a series open to all cars 1987 or older. In this series will be two classes, Class 1 and Class 2. Class 2 will be for the slower vehicles, and will comprise mostly of compact cars such as the Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R, Datsun 240Z and Alpine A110 for example. Class 1 will be for the big hitting big bangers such as Chevelles, Miuras, Mustangs and E-Types for example. The idea is to bring back some of that classic touring car magic. The good news about Class 2 vehicles is they can double up as road cars, so expect to see them in the Predator Edition section of our garage as well. The parity matching will all be undertaken by myself, Paulie, here at Lion's Den Performance Racing. It is my ambition that people will take off with this idea and use my setup for racing series of their own, even though I plan on hosting a championship myself, so long as people always reference my garage and give me credit for Group X Touring Cars. Naturally as you can expect I won't be able to do every 1987 or older car at once, so I'll be releasing them as I create them.
The parity matching takes place over 4 different tracks, a track where power is important (Grand Valley Speedway), a tight city course (Rome City Course), a technical and flowing track (Autumn Ring) and a track with elevation changes and a bumpy surface (Trial Mountain). Combined they should help to cover a vast variety of tracks in the hope that over a season the cars will balance out for pace, even though they shouldn't vary by too much from track to track. Each class will have a base vehicle which will determine pace for that class there after. If the car you hoped on entering in that class is either too slow or too fast to match that pre-determined pace for that class then your car will not be eligible, so inevitably some cars will be left out.
For those wondering why the 1987 cut-off, the answer is plain and simple, it excludes such modern cars as the R32 GT-R, IROC-Z Camaro and Supra 3.0L GT while including classics like the GNX.
When racing under the Group X format, you absolutely must purchase the exact parts as listed for that car here at Lion's Den Performance Racing. Purchasing less or more will be considered cheating and should be dealt with based on the severity of the situation (where for example, forgetting to purchase one part means you should buy that part immediately, or trying to run with extra horsepower will result in disqualification). However you do not need to use our settings, (i.e. suspension, gearbox etc), and may set up the car to your liking.
Last but not least, the most important thing is to have fun, winning is not everything.

This write-up here-after will be found in post #3 of Lion's Den Performance. If you have any questions with regards to issues I may have overlooked so far, please do not hesitate to ask. Group X Touring Cars will be clearly labelled within our garage. So far, as you may have noticed, I have none. I have an Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R ready to release when I get the chance, which will be the base car for Class 2, and a '71 Skyline GT-R is in the works.

Paulie

Give the 64 GTO some love in your "Group X" Touring Cars.

I am curious to see the steps you take with all that torque coming out of that stock V-8.

@Dragonistic

I tryed to adjust LSD to my driving style. Because you are sure right about how you pointed out a GT-R has to be driven. Patience through a corner, sharp turning and then... pedal to the metal.

First I set acc. sense on front wheels to 60 just to see the effect. It helped in corners with a long exit, but went horrible wrong by changing direction very fast.
The car gets very nervous and you never know, do I have to correct or is just the LSD going crazy. So I set it at 50 and it didn`t do much too.

I thought i am just going to force that car very drastic to have better steering but overall you`re left with a slower very nervous car - so that didn`t work!

Then i tryed to put all torque to its rear wheels. Didn`t improve steering alot from my perspective (shouldn`t anyway by all logic) and again you will be slower overall. Noticable less acceleration on a straight and sligthly less through a croner. But it added a bit of sensation to this GT-R with short tail slides sorting out itself, what i was looking for.
But it`s not worth to sacrafice overall performance for a bit of tail slide to enter corners if you ask for.

Maybe I am just asking this car to do more than it ever could do. A GT-R is 640kw on rails an thats not bad at the end.

It is a challenging one, the idea of more rear power was based upon a certain experience of mild countersteer and very precise throttle control (easier said then done with a controller though still possible) which means you can hit the gas and allow the rear to very slightly pop out, pointing you less towards the outside and effectively pulling you away from the infamous outside grass/sandtrap/wall. It's already quite heavily rear biased however considering the output. I'm back home now so I can take another look and see if I can improve on it with my now better knowledge of GT5.

Back