Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Paulie, have to ask... But think I know... Why the stage 1 tune? Balancing power with handling?

Correct, I don't want to overpower the chassis/tyres. You can add the extra power if you like, I haven't tested it since it's irreversible, but it may well take a little extra power on this car (the 458). I'd be quite keen to get some feedback on this 458 actually, I'm not 100% convinced it's as great as it can be.

Tomorrow I'll have one of my new favourite cars to drive, which would fit in well in a race of regulations of 400hp and 1,000kg should one ever arise.

I could maybe borrow it, and tweak it for you, but as I've said in the past I won't be held responsible for lost vehicles.

No problems. I am happy to send it your way and if you like it, happy for you to use it as LDP tune. I finish work in 6 hours so will send you friend invite then and when i wake up, send it over for you to play with. Still too lively in the back end on street circuits. And understeer on those tight corners. Great on tracks though. A beast even...

"Mad" is looking forward to trying the "Mad" Cobra by LDP. Should be a "Mad" car. :D :lol:

In all seriousness, thanks for the tune, might have to try a similar suspension setup on the actual real cobra and see if the setups cut it in real life. 👍

"Mad" is looking forward to trying the "Mad" Cobra by LDP. Should be a "Mad" car. :D :lol:

In all seriousness, thanks for the tune, might have to try a similar suspension setup on the actual real cobra and see if the setups cut it in real life. 👍

It won't work in real life, but go right ahead to see if you please.:lol: I'd be much obliged to hear your opinion on the tune, drive it without the settings first to see the difference I've made.

It won't work in real life, but go right ahead to see if you please.:lol: I'd be much obliged to hear your opinion on the tune, drive it without the settings first to see the difference I've made.

:lol: I know, looking at the tune it won't... It would bottom a shock out in real life and a lot of the stuff we can't change unless we take it to a shop (big pain to do). But yeah, if it was that low and that soft in real life it would break stuff. :nervous:

But yeah, will try it out as soon as the christmas rush is over.

Advice though, if the car in real life turns too well and is really nervous in the rear end, would I be right in saying that softening the back up and stiffening the front makes it better? We tried 12 clicks (bump/rebound) on the back and 14 (bump/rebound) on the front and it seemed to work ok (easier to drive that is).

Spring rate only goes down to 5.0.

LDP 458X Predator Edition
(683hp/509kw @ 9,700rpm) (612Nm @ 6,700rpm) (1232kg)

ahrweilerwinter.jpg

Description: Who needs Scuderias and Superleggeras when you have the Predator Edition X's from Lion's Den Peformance? Ferrari's new 458 has barely even cut its teeth yet and already we've jacked it up on steroids. The engine has been enhanced to produce almost 700hp and rev to a stratospheric 9,900rpm, while we've also stipped its guts, equipped semi-slicks and a racing adjustable suspension which we've tuned ourselves. To top it all off we've added a rear wing and other various aerodynamic aids to keep it glued to the road. This monster will go well and truly under 7mins at Nurburgring.

Base Model: Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Aero Extension
Rear Wing
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available engine speed before shifting.
Short shifting to 3rd may be advisable in most corners.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 10/40

Transmission:
1st: 3.337
2nd: 2.197
3rd: 1.586
4th: 1.192
5th: 0.934
6th: 0.762
7th: 0.648
Final: 5.143
Max Speed: 400km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/7
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.2/1.0
Dampers Extension: 4/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.4/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

I'm going to have to apologise as I'll be taking a break from tuning as I attempt my quest to beat the X1 challenges with a controller (as my wheel isn't with me whilst I'm at home it's at Uni). Merry christmas though all :cheers:.

LDP Solstice Predator Edition
(390hp/291kw @ 6,900rpm) (434Nm/320ft-lbs @ 4,400rpm) (1097kg) (PP)

romel.jpg

Description: Some people might be fooled into thinking that the only thing coming out of America is V8 muscle cars, but this Solstice shows otherwise. We've taken a Solstice Coupe and given it something to boast about, a 390hp turbocharged 4cyl motor, a kerb weight of just 1097kg and our own suspension tuning to go with it all. This car has got amazing handling and won't be shy of anything in its general performance class.

Base Model: Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Rear Wing
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 7,000rpm
The rear end can step out slightly under brakes, but in a very controlled manner and can be helpful at times
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.810
2nd: 1.848
3rd: 1.330
4th: 1.006
5th: 0.799
6th: 0.667
Final: 4.100
Max Speed: 350km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/5
Acceleration: 0/35
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-18
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.0/6.7
Dampers Extension: 6/4
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.14/0.00

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/6

Last edited:
Does the 458 Italia handle well without a wing? The car looks amazing without it, so I'm hoping I can use this tune without the wing.

I don't know what kind of race this tune is meant for, but it sucks. I'm sorry, I just have to say that. I rarely seek out help when it comes to tuning my cars for GT5, but this Shelby Cobra is pissing me off so I sought out some help. Namely, I came across your tune for the '66 Shelby Cobra...

Needless to say, I don't know what you're thinking by slamming it to the ground and not increasing the spring rates? What the....? And at the same time you recommend decreasing the shocks to practically butter? And going almost full blown on the FRONT sway bar and then nearly NOTHING for the rear?

How in the world is this supposed to help?!?! I'm sorry, but I just had to say something because this tune is retarded. Please, tell me what your goals were for when designing this tune i.e. top end speed, short circuits, mix of both, etc?

Does the 458 Italia handle well without a wing? The car looks amazing without it, so I'm hoping I can use this tune without the wing.

It will probably lose a great amount of stability and require entirely different settings, sorry.

I don't know what kind of race this tune is meant for, but it sucks. I'm sorry, I just have to say that. I rarely seek out help when it comes to tuning my cars for GT5, but this Shelby Cobra is pissing me off so I sought out some help. Namely, I came across your tune for the '66 Shelby Cobra...

Needless to say, I don't know what you're thinking by slamming it to the ground and not increasing the spring rates? What the....? And at the same time you recommend decreasing the shocks to practically butter? And going almost full blown on the FRONT sway bar and then nearly NOTHING for the rear?

How in the world is this supposed to help?!?! I'm sorry, but I just had to say something because this tune is retarded. Please, tell me what your goals were for when designing this tune i.e. top end speed, short circuits, mix of both, etc?

I'm just going to assume you know nothing about tuning, I can take negative feedback but behaving like an idiot like you just have is not going to get you anywhere. Have you driven the stock Cobra? Have you driven mine? What, are you just looking at it and decided to run your mouth? The car weighs less than 1,000kg, what the hell makes you think stiff spring rates are required? The car is WAY too stiff as it is, the car overloads the outside tyres if you don't lower it, and trust me when I say, after having been tuning in Gran Turismo for years, the game is 95% of the time fool proof when it comes to lowering the car, very rarely will one bottom out on you depending on what type of car you started with. Even this one is probably not lower than greater than half of the Cobras that get around the traps in real life at track days. I also don't know if you've noticed, but the Cobra is way too wild, so I've gone for stability with my setup. Those swaybars help for stability without needing to go crazy with stiff front springs further decreasing its ability to ride bumps/kerbs. Anything else I can help you with?

I'm just going to assume you know nothing about tuning, I can take negative feedback but behaving like an idiot like you just have is not going to get you anywhere. Have you driven the stock Cobra? Have you driven mine? What, are you just looking at it and decided to run your mouth?
*looks at post count of person making comment at Paulie* Yep, just as I suspected, another new member. :rolleyes: So, I decided to look at his previous post and look at the most important detail I read here....

You can't even win some of the races without a wheel, I have concluded. Either that, or I am the worst driver on the planet. Yet I somehow managed to do just fine in GT3 and 4 with just my controller...

So, this guy wins the worst driver on the planet award considering it's a seamless transition from GT4 to GT5 for a controller user and if he could do fine with a controller in 4, he should be killing it in 5 aswell.....but since he can't, he decides the next best thing is to criticise other people's tunes when he has freely admitted that he cannot drive (don't bother using the "because I'm using a controller" excuse because I use a controller too and I'm doing just fine, 60 Golds, all special events Gold, only have the rest of AMG to do).

LOL just because I don't spend all my time on this or any other forum with regard to Gran Turismo means nothing about my ability (or lack thereof) to tune vehicles in virtual reality. My lack of posts shows you nothing but just that; I don't spend a lot of time on these types of things. But now, maybe I will :) Holiday cheers to all?

Yes, I use a controller. I would love a wheel, and I've looked into getting one. I will at some point perhaps, when it is appropriate. I've been doing just fine ever since GT2 with a good 'ol PS controller though, so I didn't see or feel the need to switch to a wheel with GT5 just so I could handle certain cars or setups better.

Maybe I'm not the best GT player out there. Maybe I have a life outside of racing cars in games that I'll probably never even see in real life. Maybe I spend a lot of time being sort of disappointed with Gran Turismo 5 and all the hype that I was building up for it. I feel like I'm playing a Beta/Demo version some of the time.

All that aside, I don't even like the Shelby Cobra all that much. I played around with it a little bit in A-Spec, then left it alone. I tried tuning it and using it for the B-Spec Historic Race Car races and my driver got 4th place using my original settings for the Cobra and when I tried using yours he got 9th place I think it was? He was sliding ALL over the freaking place. Looked like a freaking disaster. A drunk, blind teenager behind the wheel of your local shopping mall's arcade car racing game. Yea, that's what it looked like. I should go save the replay just for giggles, eh?

Just to back Paulie up on the Cobra tune, tried it and my dad tried it who has driven one of these in real life on track days and he says that the car handles so ridiculously different in-game that it isn't funny. The biggest thing he noticed was the ability to pick up the throttle and powerslide, it shouldn't do that. In real life quoting his words "It snaps sideways and is nearly impossible to catch". So in real life we did something similar as I mentioned for track days, stiffened the front and softened the rear (we'd have it softer at the back but it'd bottom a shock out and obviously break it).

Not trying to prove BigSpoon wrong or anything like that, but Paulie has done a great job in settling down what is normally a crazy car.

All i'm going to say is watch this video, it looks soooo slow on computer, but looks fast in real life trust me...

LOL just because I don't spend all my time on this or any other forum with regard to Gran Turismo means nothing about my ability (or lack thereof) to tune vehicles in virtual reality. My lack of posts shows you nothing but just that; I don't spend a lot of time on these types of things. But now, maybe I will :) Holiday cheers to all?
Bottom line is that you haven't proven yourself, Paulie has in a few different areas yet you are the one saying his tunes suck. I'm just curious though, how does a few minutes a day equal to "all my time"? Most of us do have families.

Yes, I use a controller. I would love a wheel, and I've looked into getting one. I will at some point perhaps, when it is appropriate. I've been doing just fine ever since GT2 with a good 'ol PS controller though, so I didn't see or feel the need to switch to a wheel with GT5 just so I could handle certain cars or setups better.

You don't.....your lack of driving skill tells you that you should get a wheel. Learn to drive it better with the control and you will get better and get more in line with the wheel drivers.

Maybe I'm not the best GT player out there. Maybe I have a life outside of racing cars in games that I'll probably never even see in real life.
So do we, but a great gamer called Athene said quite simply, "You're either pro or a noob" and it doesn't matter how much or how little you play games, if you have the skill and natural talent you will always be a pro at any game you play, regardless of genre or platform.

Maybe I spend a lot of time being sort of disappointed with Gran Turismo 5 and all the hype that I was building up for it. I feel like I'm playing a Beta/Demo version some of the time.
You hype yourself up too much with anything, you're bound to be disappointed.

All that aside, I don't even like the Shelby Cobra all that much. I played around with it a little bit in A-Spec, then left it alone. I tried tuning it and using it for the B-Spec Historic Race Car races and my driver got 4th place using my original settings for the Cobra and when I tried using yours he got 9th place I think it was? He was sliding ALL over the freaking place. Looked like a freaking disaster. A drunk, blind teenager behind the wheel of your local shopping mall's arcade car racing game. Yea, that's what it looked like. I should go save the replay just for giggles, eh?

Your choice.......no one's holding a gun to your head telling you to go get the replay.

Bigspoon, quit before you really embarrass yourself. Those b spec drivers are a mere fraction of my skill level. And I'm using a controller. I have to dumb down my cars, drop bhp and use softest possible tyres for them because they are useless. Please think before you post and run your mouth off. I am back using a ds3 after my wheel has been packed away since completing gt5p. Haven't played a driving game since as I was addicted to cod. And yet I only have 4 golds to get in IA and haven't started s class yet. I really think you should try and understand the game and tuning before you embarrass yourself like that. Paulie does a great job.

Who judges a tune by what their B-Spec driver did? You come in here and insult my tune based on your B-Spec driver?!
Thanks for the real feedback on the Cobra tune there Mad.:)
I'll have no more of this talk thanks, your moment is over BigSpoon.

No one will give a Shelby Cobra to his bob driver just for judge a setup, that is a car tuned for driving fun, you need to learn how to drive first of all.
Bigspoon you are just a big NOOB.

It will probably lose a great amount of stability and require entirely different settings, sorry.

Alright, that's fine. I'll test the settings without the wing to see what happens and report back in a while.

Edit: Tried and tested, no wing, and with Racing Medium's to somewhat compensate for lack of downforce. I immediately took the car to the Nurburgring and was surprised at how composed it was. Yes, there were a couple of points where some downforce would've helped, but when the rear gave out, the slides were easy to control and gain back. At least sometimes. Even with copious amounts of run-offs and several spin outs, I managed under 7 minutes first try.

Then I took it to one of my complicated Course Maker tracks and it still kept it's composure under bumps, turns, jumps, and any combination of those. Very nice tune.

Last edited:
Just tried the 458 Italia tune and wanted to say, yet another brilliant tune, keep up the good work, its appreciated.

Alright, that's fine. I'll test the settings without the wing to see what happens and report back in a while.

Edit: Tried and tested, no wing, and with Racing Medium's to somewhat compensate for lack of downforce. I immediately took the car to the Nurburgring and was surprised at how composed it was. Yes, there were a couple of points where some downforce would've helped, but when the rear gave out, the slides were easy to control and gain back. At least sometimes. Even with copious amounts of run-offs and several spin outs, I managed under 7 minutes first try.

Then I took it to one of my complicated Course Maker tracks and it still kept it's composure under bumps, turns, jumps, and any combination of those. Very nice tune.

Well it doesn't sound perfect but if it's good enough for you then I'm happy you were able to get some use out of it.:) I had a mistake laden lap in the 6'40s on my sports tyre run with the tune listed.

Just tried the 458 Italia tune and wanted to say, yet another brilliant tune, keep up the good work, its appreciated.

Thanks mate.:)

Back