Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
I think you should be able to manage with the same settings and upgrades minus those which increase output. I completed the event myself quite easily with some weight reduction and a race air filter (no oil change from new) which put me at 492bhp and I didn't even buy the other parts like suspension. You may want to try without aerodynamic parts to keep drag down for the long straight, but it's ultimately quite an easy event to do so I see no reason why having the same set up in terms of suspension and such combined with minimum weight will not do the trick easily seeing as I managed without (I'm pretty good but I'm not amazingly fast by any means).

Clearly, I am not as good of a driver as I originally thought as I am having trouble with these events (though I beat the Challenger on first try, guess I like Muscle Cars? :D).

Can't wait for the 458. I've used another tune off here but looking forward to trying out yours.

Oh an Paulie I've followed your tuning for the veyron but theres no option to tune the LSD?? I've bought it and says its installed but no option to do so.

Hopefully you can do a Gallardo one soon as well.

Top work

I don't know what's happening with your LSD, I was definitely able to use it.

Hey Paulie how's that SHELBY COBRA 427 '66 coming along, I'm trying to tune one myself and it's giving me all kind of problems.

I'm not too sure, I want to drive it again with a fresh take on things before I release the car, that car is a real bugger.

I love all your setups, but do you recon you could also mention how much each car is with all the upgrades?

Thanks,
Jamie.

That'd be more time and effort than I'm willing to commit especially when you could easily get enough money with less than 15mins of work for most tunes.

Edit: I've been hacking away at this Kusabi for the Seasonal Event TT, and while I have a setup, I think I went about adding the power in the wrong way or something, perhaps shouldn't have done an oil change, because the best I can do is a 57.4 and it's a fairly straight forward lap.......so if anyone wants my settings for the Kusabi just ask and I'll PM them to you......or something.:P

Last edited:
Hi there Paulie. Could you please give us the settings you used for the Kusabi time trial? I managed to do 57.19 sec with my mods and i´m looking for that extra bit of performance and try to get a <57sec time.

Thanks in advance

Bodaman

Meanwhile, I've made a couple of minor tweaks to the GTR set up (front damper and anti-roll bar, very minor changes) and given it another test on the Nordschleife, putting in a laptime of 6:32.9 with some small errors and still using sports exhaust.

Define a bit iffy for me so I can look into it and possibly improve it as I'm now a little more experienced with the physics and tuning in GT5 specifically.

Some slight understeer when exiting tight corners, normally overcorrects with acceleration. Would love to get some more grip on the GTR(without tyre changes)

PS: Any plans for a 458 Italia tune??(hint, hint):)

Some slight understeer when exiting tight corners, normally overcorrects with acceleration. Would love to get some more grip on the GTR(without tyre changes)

PS: Any plans for a 458 Italia tune??(hint, hint):)

I generally don't find that problem to be fair, but if you're having problems with the rear coming out to much under acceleration use a different torque split to give it more front end power. I generally prefer my AWD cars to be more heavily biased towards rear power, but similar I am quite controlled on the throttle even on the pad so I can hold those small angle slides without lighting up all the tyres.

As for a 458, Paulie is already working on one as mentioned earlier on this page.

I've just tried out the Alfa Brera Predator tune and it handles fantastically, good work. 👍 I managed to set a lap-time of 1:51 on Monza no chicane. Thank you. :)

Dragon, just wanted to thank you for the NSX-R tune. I finally tried it out tonight and I love driving that car. It just bites into corners and speeds through.

I only wish we could squeeze a bit more power out of the car in this game but what we have now is still damn quick.

Hi there Paulie. Could you please give us the settings you used for the Kusabi time trial? I managed to do 57.19 sec with my mods and i´m looking for that extra bit of performance and try to get a <57sec time.

Thanks in advance

Bodaman

May I ask what upgrades you actually used for power? Or is that a secret?:sly:

please do an Mitsubishi Evolution X tune

I would if I could get over the weaving it does, it's an incredibly annoying glitch.

I've just tried out the Alfa Brera Predator tune and it handles fantastically, good work. 👍 I managed to set a lap-time of 1:51 on Monza no chicane. Thank you. :)

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback.:)

I'm not posting this as a proper tune at this stage in my garage because normally I'd post a full tune, but since I think I bought the wrong parts for power on this one, and am consequently struggling for pace, so I will not be posting inferior product. My suspension/gearbox etc tuning is good as ever though. This is my Kusabi settings for the Seasonal Events.

Transmission:
5th: 0.886 (for reference)
Max Speed: 280km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 5/0
Acceleration: 20/0
Deceleration: 5/0

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -15/-13
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.5/3.5
Dampers Extension: 2/2
Dampers Compression: 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: -0.10/-0.50

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/9

Last edited:
Thanks for the great GTR tune. Everything without the power mod and aero, I was able to take on Seasonal GTR battle and won! Now the race is over, the setup matches yours (minus the aero, ugly!) to take on A and B spec races now.

Last edited:
Just an update, won the second Historic race today with this tune! Awesome setup, thanks!

Your skyline tune worked perfect for the seasonal event. Thanks

Dragon, just wanted to thank you for the NSX-R tune. I finally tried it out tonight and I love driving that car. It just bites into corners and speeds through.

I only wish we could squeeze a bit more power out of the car in this game but what we have now is still damn quick.

Thanks for the great GTR tune. Everything without the power mod and aero, I was able to take on Seasonal GTR battle and won! Now the race is over, the setup matches yours (minus the aero, ugly!) to take on A and B spec races now.

All of the above, great to hear 👍. It's always nice when I wake up to a stream of good feedback :).

Thank you for helping me win the GTR event:) And to think that I only used half of the tune to do it!! Keep the great work coming guys:D

What would be the best way to soften up the GT-R tune, without ruining the handling? Looking to run that setup on my "street" GT-R without it being so bumpy.

Hi Lion's Den team,

could you please add an Audi R8 5.2 v10 tune to your list of requests. So far my favourite modern car. Else I drive my Dodge Charger 440 R/T. :-)

Thanks you very much.

What would be the best way to soften up the GT-R tune, without ruining the handling? Looking to run that setup on my "street" GT-R without it being so bumpy.

First of all you might wanna raise the ride height a little bit, then maybe just soften the spring rates a bit? The Dampers may need adjusting to and perhaps an extra click off the anti roll bars? Honestly as you can guess I'm not sure as I tend to not really do many soft set ups so I'm not sure if it will spoil it or not, but if you keep a similar difference between front/rear and just generally soften things it should be ok.

Hi Lion's Den team,

could you please add an Audi R8 5.2 v10 tune to your list of requests. So far my favourite modern car. Else I drive my Dodge Charger 440 R/T. :-)

Thanks you very much.

We don't have a list of requests as in the first post:
[PLEASE NOTE REQUESTS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
It's to early in the games history for us to start taking requests, we're still trying to progress through the game ourselves, buy the cars we want and such. Sorry if that's disapointing for you, but that's why most of the requests have been ignored so far unless they happen to be a car we're interested in. I'm not trying to single you out, but there's a few people who just ask for us to do certain cars and I want them to know why they're not getting done 👍.

I'm not posting this as a proper tune at this stage in my garage because normally I'd post a full tune, but since I think I bought the wrong parts for power on this one, and am consequently struggling for pace, so I will not be posting inferior product. My suspension/gearbox etc tuning is good as ever though. This is my Kusabi settings for the Seasonal Events.

Transmission:
5th: 0.886 (for reference)
Max Speed: 280km/hr

Initial Torque: 5/0
Acceleration: 20/0
Deceleration: 5/0

Ride Height: -15/-13
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.5/3.5
Dampers Extension: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: -0.10/-0.50

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/9

i tried the kusabi settings ... the settings are great but i suck at driving :grumpy:. nothing i can do about that.

the only change i did was to drop the top speed from 280km/h to 220km/h. picked up slightly faster.

First of all you might wanna raise the ride height a little bit, then maybe just soften the spring rates a bit? The Dampers may need adjusting to and perhaps an extra click off the anti roll bars? Honestly as you can guess I'm not sure as I tend to not really do many soft set ups so I'm not sure if it will spoil it or not, but if you keep a similar difference between front/rear and just generally soften things it should be ok.

Raise +5, soften +4 the springs (from current setup). I'd keep the rest. It will be lively, but controllable IMO :D

I also used this tune in the Season event (no changes except power, and gears obviously) and did gold on 3rd attempt, after 2 silvers with rather ease 👍

LDP Commodore GTS-R Predator Edition
(526hp/392kw @ 6,000rpm) (745Nm/550ft-lbs @ 4,500rpm) (1349kg) (548PP)

thetopgeartesttrack.jpg

Description: The GTS-R name was applied to Holden's Commodore in the mid '90s as a racer inspired flagship model, and made a brief return on a concept track prepped HSV GTS Coupe. We set out to create one great super sedan with this package, and we've revived the GTS-R nameplate for it. Kicking out over 500hp, stripped out to 1349kg and much attention given to the handling side of things, we like to think we've succeeded in our goal.

Base Model: Holden Commodore SS '04

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
The ideal shift point would be 6,000rpm
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.395
2nd: 1.586
3rd: 1.232
4th: 0.989
5th: 0.804
6th: 0.670
Final: 3.258
Max Speed: 390km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/5
Acceleration: 0/35
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -30/-28
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.2/5.0
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: 0.00/+0.08

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

Last edited:
LDP Mad Mad Cobra Predator Edition
(548hp/409kw @ 6,800rpm) (709Nm/523ft-lbs @ 3,800rpm) (918kg) (PP)

redbullhangar7q.jpg

Description: Some say that any who drive this Cobra will be called "Mad" by others, and that not even its creator could harness it that well, all we know is it's our latest Predator Edition. Our latest vehicle harnesses big block POWAAAA, an engine good enough to not even need our attention bar an exhaust to, you know, make it louder. We've spent a lot of time testing and tuning in order to try and make it driveable, we wanted to go with a GM-sourced LS motor for the handling side of things but in the end the big block Ford motor was retained, so the handling is not perfect.

Base Model: Shelby Cobra 427 '66

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
The ideal shift point would be 7,000rpm
Not ideal for bumpy roads, make of that what you will
Insane acceleration coupled with average brakes means you must be alert, get it slowed early and just flow the car
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.954
2nd: 1.817
3rd: 1.248
4th: 0.912
5th: 0.708
Final: 3.540
Max Speed: 390km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/34
Acceleration: 0/60
Deceleration: 0/25

Ride Height: -25/-23
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 8.6/4.0
Dampers Extension: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 7/2
Camber: 1.4/1.2
Toe: -0.14/+0.26

Brake Balance (front/rear): 8/2

Last edited:
Thanks for the Kusabi setup. I did 0:57.360 down by more than .6 on my previous time. Default lsd setup and 240kph.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the setups... :)

Really appreciate it!

I have been making a little google doc of all the cars you posted, so it is easier for me to input them onto the game.

This is what it looks like:

GT5Setups.jpg

LDP 458X Predator Edition
(683hp/509kw @ 9,700rpm) (612Nm/451ft-lbs @ 6,700rpm) (1232kg) (PP)

ahrweilerwinter.jpg

Description: Who needs Scuderias and Superleggeras when you have the Predator Edition X's from Lion's Den Peformance? Ferrari's new 458 has barely even cut its teeth yet and already we've jacked it up on steroids. The engine has been enhanced to produce almost 700hp and rev to a stratospheric 9,900rpm, while we've also stipped its guts, equipped semi-slicks and a racing adjustable suspension which we've tuned ourselves. To top it all off we've added a rear wing and other various aerodynamic aids to keep it glued to the road. This monster will go well and truly under 7mins at Nurburgring.

Base Model: Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Aero Extension
Rear Wing

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available engine speed before shifting.
Short shifting to 3rd may be advisable in most corners.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 10/40

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.337
2nd: 2.197
3rd: 1.586
4th: 1.192
5th: 0.934
6th: 0.762
7th: 0.648
Final: 5.143
Max Speed: 400km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/7
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/5

Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 9.2/10.0
Dampers Extension: 4/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.4/1.6
Toe: -0.08/+0.12