Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Thankyou, and you're welcome.:) I recommend keeping your eyes open though, I've heard it helps.:sly:

I just gave it to B-Spec Bob, closed my eyes and prayed :P

Seriously, it rocks. I ended up not going full race mod (afraid it wouldn't be allowed in some races), and went for full power, but the tune works great on it as well, as it's inherently very good.

But after testing and playing a bit, I did give it to Bob. And he was winning races as if he had been born and raised in it. Even with sports tires and pushing him (always in the red, around 60/75%), he only made one mistake on a track he did not know (Monza), and went to recover from last to win with over a 10sec lead.

As usual, it's a well balanced tune, going into every detail to produce another great ride. With this, even Bob can be fast and win races in a fully modded Classic Muscle car. How great is that!?

👍

that FT86 tune is awsome and im using it on a sleeper!

Great stuff, and do you mean you're using it on the standard FT-86? I figured it might work on the regular car since they had almost identical characteristics to begin with.

Could you tune the Minolta Toyota 88c-v race car '89

sick car, just feels like its flawed a bit

I don't really have any plans on tuning that one in the near future. As a tip though, with any race car you get change the downforce to max (for circuit racing) and make sure the gearing is long enough. Basic stuff anyway.

This Red Cien looks AMAZING! I will try that when I got some money to spend!

That tune is actually really cheap since you win the Cien and there aren't as many mods to buy.:)

I just gave it to B-Spec Bob, closed my eyes and prayed :P

Seriously, it rocks. I ended up not going full race mod (afraid it wouldn't be allowed in some races), and went for full power, but the tune works great on it as well, as it's inherently very good.

But after testing and playing a bit, I did give it to Bob. And he was winning races as if he had been born and raised in it. Even with sports tires and pushing him (always in the red, around 60/75%), he only made one mistake on a track he did not know (Monza), and went to recover from last to win with over a 10sec lead.

As usual, it's a well balanced tune, going into every detail to produce another great ride. With this, even Bob can be fast and win races in a fully modded Classic Muscle car. How great is that!?

👍

That's great stuff to hear.👍 Other than tyre restrictions I doubt a race mod would affect regulations in any way.:) Thanks for the appraisal though.:D

You guys have been busy, and it seems my weekend is now booked up with some tunes to try out.

I'll offer feedback to you as I go!

Also this:
LDP GTR Spec X
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

...another excellent tune that allows you to tame a 828bhp Godzilla 👍

It can also be applied to the GT Academy GTR, if you have one laying around. But beware that no aerodynamic add-ons are available for it, which prevents improving high speed and especially breaking stability into turn one at Gran Valley :scared:

Also this:

...another excellent tune that allows you to tame a 828bhp Godzilla 👍

It can also be applied to the GT Academy GTR, if you have one laying around. But beware that no aerodynamic add-ons are available for it, which prevents improving high speed and especially breaking stability into turn one at Gran Valley :scared:

Yeah I was extremely annoyed after spending 3 hours getting gold in the S licenses only to learn that the regular SpecV was better. I had super high hopes for that academy edition GTR. The ugly black square logos on it didn't help things either. Bleh.

LDP GTR Spec X
(828bhp @ 7,200rpm) (89kgfm @ 6,200rpm) (1362kg)

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Description: The ultimate Japanese supercar gone wild, the Spec X is the most extreme expression of the most technological road going sports car on the road today combined with old fashioned tuning and sheer, brute force courtesy of LDP's engine tuning department. Developing in excess of 800bhp this GTR packs one hell of a punch, particularly off the line, but by no means has the Spec X been turned into a one trick pony. This GTR is designed to go around corners fast as well using the monstrous tower of power provided by the VR38DETT, complete with high RPM turbo's, to catapult you towards the next turn or given enough room (and longer gearing) will go on to over 240mph.

SUPERB!!! Gave this tune to my Lvl 23 BoB, and he is DESTROYING all comers, he is +23.73 on a Ford GT (no stripe) on Lap 8 at I believe this is Grand Valley.. anyways, thanks for the amazing tune, this car looks like it's on rails!!

I've added the LDP GTR Spec X to my GT-R 07 with 822bhp.
It's both more stable and faster in the turns and i managed to cutoff 1,5sec on Top Gear test track compared to my old tune... Very nice tune!

I'm thinking about buying the GT-R 09 just to try the tune propperly - as supposed with this setup... Just need to get my Z06 or ZR-1 RM first - but havent desided on what car yet.

Very nice work! Thank you for sharing...

Thanks to all the support and feedback for the GTR set up, it is much appreciated 👍. Hopefully can pump out a couple more set ups over Christmas when I should have more spare time.

Tried the Cien! I made my test track at Grand Vallay and it was great! the feeling was exhactly what you're expecting from a supercar, playing with the throttle completely controlling that slightly hint of oversteer out from chicanes and fast curves... Great feeling!

My vote: 10/10

Highly recommended!

Thanks to all the support and feedback for the GTR set up, it is much appreciated 👍. Hopefully can pump out a couple more set ups over Christmas when I should have more spare time.

I'm a bit late with my thanks and congratulations. The talent you guys show in tuning the various vehicles certainly adds to the game.
Keep up the good work.

If you need an RS6 let me know. I have a maxxed out one that you could use.

Keep up the good work 👍

Last edited:
I'm a bit late with my thanks and congratulations. The talent you guys show in tuning the various vehicles certainly adds to the game.
Keep up the good work.

If you need an RS6 let me know. I have a maxxed out one that you could use.

Keep up the good work 👍

Appreciate the offer, but I already have an RS6 in my garage which is half done. I'm not sure what tweaks I will do to it (yet) if any as I'm still trying to just play the game like everyone else is! Not quite at the point where I'm mostly interested in tuning.

dude your tune for the nsx type r is very good!!!! can u guys make a tune for a Subaru WRX STI Spec C 05 RM. thanks, keep up the good work!

LDP Veyron SS-R Predator Edition
(1256hp/937kw @ 6,600rpm) (1451Nm @ 4,600rpm) (1424kg)

specialstageroute5.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance has come up with our answer to the Veyron SS, this Veyron SS-R. Pushing 1256hp, top speed is not that different to the regular SS, at just over 430km/hr, however we've stripped out luxuries and the result is acceleration from 0-100km/hr in 1.9sec, and a car that can go under 1'50 at Grand Valley Speedway- and take it from a veteran of that track, anything that does under 1'50 there on semi-slicks is mind bendingly fast. We've also paid some attention to the handling, although it must be said persuading 1256hp to do anything other than what IT wants to is like asking the moon to start spinning in the opposite direction. At any rate this should keep those speed junkies out there reasonably happy.

Base Model: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
If we're ever allowed full gear ratio control, I'll be changing to the fully customisable gearbox. For now though, the stock gearbox has an almost identical 7th gear ratio but longer 1st and 2nd making the car faster on acceleration.
I'll come out and say this is NOT pretty to drive, stopping distances are marathon long, and putting over 1250hp through an AWD system does create some understeer. Best thing to do is slow down early, get the car pointing straight at the corner exit and just let it rip, the engine will take care of the rest.
Just shift at the usual 7,000rpm.
I've put in the option for Racing Soft tyres because some drivers will need it, I tuned it on Sports Soft though.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: N/A
2nd: N/A
3rd: N/A
4th: N/A
5th: N/A
6th: N/A
7th: N/A
Final: N/A
Max Speed: N/A

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 8/14
Acceleration: 10/20
Deceleration: 5/5
Torque Split: 40/60

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -10/-8
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 10.2/10.8
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 1.2/0.8
Toe: -0.10/-0.25

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Thanks for the tuning .

Will this set up have a chance against the LMP cars in the champions race in Expert .

Tried the Cien! I made my test track at Grand Vallay and it was great! the feeling was exhactly what you're expecting from a supercar, playing with the throttle completely controlling that slightly hint of oversteer out from chicanes and fast curves... Great feeling!

My vote: 10/10

Highly recommended!

Thanks.:)

Thanks for the tuning .

Will this set up have a chance against the LMP cars in the champions race in Expert .

I have no idea, the Veyron is not a great car to drive, but the AI are terrible, so..... anyone's guess?

Awesome tunes guys. Love your work. But... Aren't you the Lion's Den Performance group? Surely the pin up for your name should be the CV8 or VY SS? :-P

Only playing with ya. I have been working on the CV8 and got the most stable tune so far running. Good luck...

The Holdens will come, don't you worry. I started on a 600+hp Monaro but it wasn't really working out all that brilliantly so it was put on hold and I never picked it up again, I may work on some lesser powered versions some time soon. If I can wrestle the computer into my possession tomorrow I'll have a Mustang Mach 1, Shelby Cobra (possibly) and GT500 NSX Stealth to post. The Cobra is a real pain in the butt to tune, it doesn't have any standout performance areas, which is surprising since you'd think it would corner, accelerate and brake well with oversteer its only major issue, but braking is only so-so, and the cornering ability isn't great. My tune improves legions on the standard settings though.

No problems Paulie... You guys are whipping these tunes out. Great to see how far I am off a good tune haha... I have max'd my CV8 out and got it handling ok. Took ages to get to what it is now, but I am finally feeling good about it. I am attempting to perfect it by lapping the High Speed Ring in under a minute but can only get to 1:03 or there abouts. I haven't tried it on a smaller course or one with tighter corners, but it's sticking like glue on those the HSR bends. I might post my tune if you like?

Cheers for the tunes, just tried out the LDP Banshee 3000 Predator Edition, sliced 1min 30secs off my N'ring time compared to the stock version. Nuff said!

Love that 3000GT tune. Love it, Love it, Love it! Brings back memories to GT3 and 4 days. That was the machine I used through most of it. Such a well rounded vehicle.

LDP FT-86 By-Gee Predator Edition
(410hp/306kw @ 7,900rpm) (377Nm @ 7,400rpm) (910kg)

ahrweilerstreet.jpg

Description: By gee by golly by gosh, this car was in a sad state when it got to us, we have no idea what Toyota were thinking! Incessant lift-off oversteer, on throttle oversteer, oversteer under brakes, and getting airborn over ants! Well Toyota let us try to fix it for circuit racing, and once again we've come out on top. There were some provisos though, such as not being able to change that rear wing for added downforce, darn concept cars. Either way, this car wasn't given to us directly by Toyota, it was given to a young chap by Toyota to take for some hot laps to promote it, who then found out how horrid it was and proceedingly took it to us to dial in. With the package developed, we have it ready for public consumption now.

Base Model: Toyota FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 8,000rpm.
It can be prone to stepping the rear out slightly under heavy trail braking.
Toyota really have another AE86 on their hands here, good for drifting, not perfect for racing.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.105
2nd: 2.018
3rd: 1.442
4th: 1.084
5th: 0.856
6th: 0.711
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/46
Deceleration: 0/45

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 7.5/6.0
Dampers Extension: 4/3
Dampers Compression: 2/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.6/1.4
Toe: -0.14/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

This one tested out at 1.36 on Trial Mountain with Sports Softs. Compare to a 900 horsepower Audi Avant at 1.31.

This one tested out at 1.36 on Trial Mountain with Sports Softs. Compare to a 900 horsepower Audi Avant at 1.31.

I saw this and saw a perfect opportunity for comparison, our RS6 (which is about to be released in the next few minutes) ran around Trial Mountain in a 1:28.2 in my hands in just a few laps with a bit of room for improvement by a better driver then myself. Just to clarify I'm not trying to blow my own horn, but hopefully my set up may help your time as well.

I saw this and saw a perfect opportunity for comparison, our RS6 (which is about to be released in the next few minutes) ran around Trial Mountain in a 1:28.2 in my hands in just a few laps with a bit of room for improvement by a better driver then myself. Just to clarify I'm not trying to blow my own horn, but hopefully my set up may help your time as well.

Have just opened up my RS6 ready for the setup to arrive.

Back