Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
That Corvette on those Goodyears look mega cool. I nearly bought a 3000GT SR from the used car lot too but I thought, "when will I ever use it". Anyway I'll definitely try some of your tunes guys when I figure out some sort of GT5 cash strategy.

That Corvette on those Goodyears look mega cool. I nearly bought a 3000GT SR from the used car lot too but I thought, "when will I ever use it". Anyway I'll definitely try some of your tunes guys when I figure out some sort of GT5 cash strategy.

Even if YOU don't use, B-Spec would find my version useful in the Japanese '90s challenge.;)

As soon as I've got enough money, I'm trying out those 'vette and Brera tunes!

Have you thought about an E92 M3 tune?

LDP NSX Type X Predator Edition
(460bhp @ 7,900rpm) (45kgfm @ 6,400rpm) (1051kg)

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

Description: The Honda NSX is already an excellent car, the type R even more so, but we here at LDP thought it still wasn't quite enough and got to work straight away to try and create the ultimate naturally aspirated NSX on the road. The result was over 450 horses from the fully modified 3.2 C32B V6 and weighing just 1051kg, that's 2.25kg/bhp for you mathematical folk which needless to say is respectable to say the least. Naturally though power and weight isn't everything so we couldn't just leave the suspension and other handling components alone so the car was given the thorough treatment whilst keeping to road tyres to create a true street monster, a Predator Edition.

Base Model: Honda NSX Type R '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Aerodynamics optional

Tuner's Notes:
Tends to oversteer on the brakes and is supposed to, allowing the car to rotate nicely without being very unstable.
Generally neutral handling.
Motor revs right up to 10,000RPM but shift at about 9,000 or before, run right up to 10,000 if the corner is close though..
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.450
2nd: 2.296
3rd: 1.665
4th: 1.267
5th: 1.012
6th: 0.848
Final: 4.235
Max Speed: 205mph

Downforce:
0/20

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/35
Deceleration: 0/23

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.4/8.8
Dampers Extension: 5/7
Dampers Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.4/2.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Last edited:
LDP Veyron SS-R Predator Edition
(1256hp/937kw @ 6,600rpm) (1451Nm/1070ft-lbs @ 4,600rpm) (1424kg) (PP)

specialstageroute5.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance has come up with our answer to the Veyron SS, this Veyron SS-R. Pushing 1256hp, top speed is not that different to the regular SS, at just over 430km/hr, however we've stripped out luxuries and the result is acceleration from 0-100km/hr in 1.9sec, and a car that can go under 1'50 at Grand Valley Speedway- and take it from a veteran of that track, anything that does under 1'50 there on semi-slicks is mind bendingly fast. We've also paid some attention to the handling, although it must be said persuading 1256hp to do anything other than what IT wants to is like asking the moon to start spinning in the opposite direction. At any rate this should keep those speed junkies out there reasonably happy.

Base Model: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
If we're ever allowed full gear ratio control, I'll be changing to the fully customisable gearbox. For now though, the stock gearbox has an almost identical 7th gear ratio but longer 1st and 2nd making the car faster on acceleration.
I'll come out and say this is NOT pretty to drive, stopping distances are marathon long, and putting over 1250hp through an AWD system does create some understeer. Best thing to do is slow down early, get the car pointing straight at the corner exit and just let it rip, the engine will take care of the rest.
Just shift at the usual 7,000rpm.
I've put in the option for Racing Soft tyres because some drivers will need it, I tuned it on Sports Soft though.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: N/A
2nd: N/A
3rd: N/A
4th: N/A
5th: N/A
6th: N/A
7th: N/A
Final: N/A
Max Speed: N/A
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 8/14
Acceleration: 10/20
Deceleration: 5/5
Torque Split: 40/60

Ride Height: -10/-8
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 10.2/10.8
Dampers Extension: 6/6
Dampers Compression: 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 1.2/0.8
Toe: -0.10/-0.25

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Last edited:
That'd be unfair to our car, we're down 60hp. ;)

You do have aero though.:P It's a shame everything short of a race car or race mod can only get a bit of rear aero though, particularly when you can buy front splitters that do nothing.

Well, some road cars have front downforce, it's just not added to by the aero kits nor is it adjustable (F430 Scuderia comes to mind).

But yeah, definitely agree with you there; so many of my cars would be hugely improved by a few clicks of front downforce.

Lion's Den Performance is back in action! Looking forward to all the future tunes Paulie! 👍

Well, some road cars have front downforce, it's just not added to by the aero kits nor is it adjustable (F430 Scuderia comes to mind).

But yeah, definitely agree with you there; so many of my cars would be hugely improved by a few clicks of front downforce.

Not to mention I flat out forgot to include downforce as I do run a wing :lol:. To be brutally honest though I'm waiting for feedback on my set up, I don't feel to confident in my abilities so far.

Not to mention I flat out forgot to include downforce as I do run a wing :lol:. To be brutally honest though I'm waiting for feedback on my set up, I don't feel to confident in my abilities so far.

*Squints eyes* Oh yeah you can JUST see the wing in the dark.:lol:

Last edited:
Hey Paulie and Dragonistic,

I have a question for both of you... Do you guys find tuning in GT5 to be easier than in GT5:P? I find the tuning in GT5 to be a bit easier... I've been able to setup my cars a lot quicker and they seem to perform well on different tracks. In GT5:P you really had to make track specific tunes in order to get the most out of them... Still sucks about the transmission though.. I wish we could do the individual gears, that would make a huge difference in tuning.

I do find that general setups work much better now at more tracks. I think it could be because we get proper engine tuning now, so we don't have to work around super narrow power bands. Some of my tunes would benefit hugely from individual gear tuning if not all of them. I'm still hoping that's coming in a nearby update. Tuning itself is rather more difficult, especially now in GT5 we have cars that aren't that crash hot to begin with (most Prologue cars were pretty good cars).

I do find that general setups work much better now at more tracks. I think it could be because we get proper engine tuning now, so we don't have to work around super narrow power bands. Some of my tunes would benefit hugely from individual gear tuning if not all of them. I'm still hoping that's coming in a nearby update. Tuning itself is rather more difficult, especially now in GT5 we have cars that aren't that crash hot to begin with (most Prologue cars were pretty good cars).

That could be it too.. I havent taken a really crappy car and tuned it to full potential yet... Only cars that already drove well in the first place... I think I'm going to go give that a shot as well... Thanks for the input :)👍

That could be it too.. I havent taken a really crappy car and tuned it to full potential yet... Only cars that already drove well in the first place... I think I'm going to go give that a shot as well... Thanks for the input :)👍

I think perhaps it's because I'm finding I estimate figures and find they work just fine with only a few tweaks needed that I'm skeptical about my set ups so far. Which is why I'm hoping for some feedback on the NSX as soon as so I need not worry about my other set ups so much.

LDP Cien-V Predator Edition
(787hp/587kw @ 9,000rpm) (645Nm/476ft-lbs @ 6,500rpm) (1208kg) (PP)

nrburgringnordschleifer.jpg

Description: This V-Series version of the Cien as imagined by the folks at Lion's Den Performance has now become a performance package available to you. We've essentially left the mammoth 9,000rpm 7.5L V12 untouched, with a minor tune-up yielding 587kw, and have instead focused on the package as a whole in order to improve driving pleasure. Suspension and drivetrain tuning being the key, we've turned the twitchy Cien into an enjoyable fair dinkum answer to the world's exotics, and answer it does. With a 380km/hr top speed, and a Nurburgring lap time of 6'42, it is nothing short of astounding. The use of exotic materials in construction help too, dropping weight to a paltry 1208kg.

Base Model: Cadillac Cien Concept '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable- WARNING: Costs $500k)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable- WARNING: Costs $450k)

Tuner's Notes:
Run the engine right to the 9,500rpm cut-out
Unfortunately with no gear tuning, 1st and 2nd are WAY too short for a car of this level of power, so unless it's the tightest of tight corners, leave it in 3rd gear as a minimum. I never used 2nd gear once on my Ring lap.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 15/35

Transmission:
1st: 4.891
2nd: 3.104
3rd: 2.187
4th: 1.623
5th: 1.269
6th: 1.044
Final: 3.070
Max Speed: 410km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Initial Torque: 0/14
Acceleration: 0/50
Deceleration: 0/14

Ride Height: -21/-20
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 13.8/10.6
Dampers Extension: 4/6
Dampers Compression: 2/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4
Camber: 1.5/1.3
Toe: -0.06/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Last edited:
LDP NSX Type R Predator Edition
(460bhp @ 7,900rpm) (45kgfm @ 6,400rpm) (1051kg)

Nrburgring24h_9.jpg

Description: The Honda NSX is already an excellent car, the type R even more so, but we here at LDP thought it still wasn't quite enough and got to work straight away to try and create the ultimate naturally aspirated NSX on the road. The result was over 450 horses from the fully modified 3.2 C32B V6 and weighing just 1051kg, that's 2.25kg/bhp for you mathematical folk which needless to say is respectable to say the least. Naturally though power and weight isn't everything so we couldn't just leave the suspension and other handling components alone so the car was given the thorough treatment whilst keeping to road tyres to create a true street monster, a Predator Edition.

Base Model: Honda NSX Type R '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Aerodynamics optional

Tuner's Notes:
Tends to oversteer on the brakes and is supposed to, allowing the car to rotate nicely without being very unstable.
Generally neutral handling.
Motor revs right up to 10,000RPM but shift at about 9,000 or before, run right up to 10,000 if the corner is close though.
Car is a beta to test for feedback.

Settings:

Transmission:
1st: 3.450
2nd: 2.296
3rd: 1.665
4th: 1.267
5th: 1.012
6th: 0.848
Final: 4.235
Max Speed: 205mph

Downforce:
0/20

Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/35
Deceleration: 0/23

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.4/8.8
Dampers Extension: 5/7
Dampers Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.4/2.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

Will this work well for the NSX RM?

I heard that Cien didn't exactly outrun a certain NSX. ;)

I heard different, I heard the Cien was killing a certain NSX until it spun and took its time to make sure no damage was incurred. That one wasn't even a race anyway, just a demo.:sly: I also heard a certain 3.8L V6 muscle car thrashed a certain Silvia that was said to be just as good.:P

Back