Little Things You Love about GT7?

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 302 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
For me it's a tiny little thing, and it's the metallic pinging you get from a cooling exhaust that you can hear after the results of a race.

A stupidly tiny detail, but it's one of my favorite sounds in reality and it being in GT7 just makes me smile every time I hear it.

Among my initial impressions, I'm really enjoying this new cockpit view for replays.

FNBvyMzXEAEbNVf.jpg

For me it's a tiny little thing, and it's the metallic pinging you get from a cooling exhaust that you can hear after the results of a race.

A stupidly tiny detail, but it's one of my favorite sounds in reality and it being in GT7 just makes me smile every time I hear it.
Yes!!! I came here to say the exact same thing. Such a minor detail but I absolutely love it

Don't know if it's a little thing, but almost non-existent loading times on PS5 is one of the biggest and most noticeable improvements for me. Switching between licenses tests is no longer an issue.
100%. Zipping around the map, in and out of the various modes and races, in snap of a finger is such a pleasure. It's definitely making the more tedious parts of the early game less of a chore.

New cockpit view options ...

Also having some fun with the PSVR even if it's not compatible : Try the "Offset" setting with a large FOV, and Wobble 2, plug PSVR with "Large screen" option, turn your head like 5° to the left or right (depending on the driving position in the car) reset the view with long press on "options", then enjoy some "almost VR" feeling :D

Well I think some future PSVR2 support might be great if it happens some day !

Other than the sound of the engine ticking and cooling down on the rewards page (I love this feature), the intro movies to some of the tracks, High Speed Ring in particular, is a cool addition.

I also like the fact that you can see people walking around, outside of the track, which is reflective of a real race circuit. Unsure if this was in any other GT game but do not remember it.

So many things...

In addition to the already mentioned:

• The lighting change during races are pure art.
  • Some rain reflections brought the same feeling I had when I first played GT3.
  • There is a track in the menu map that's very similar to one in GT4.
  • Extra animations in the outside of each circuit brings life to the whole experience. It was about time.

Last edited:
The headlights, this game has to have the best low light headlight visuals of any game ever. Instead of what other games do which is just light up an area in front of the car that follows the track around and is completely even and bright, GT7 seems to actually model the projection and light dissipation correctly, very very convincing. The fact it also casts shadows off other cars also looks amazing and is something I don't think I've seen other games do this well if at all.

The car animation when buying from Legendary Cars or to a lesser extent car prizes from Licenses (but re-using the same jingle as GTS feels weird on me, the opposite of this post). It's good to have the car be/move on the actual environment related to where it obtained (unlike buying from Brand Central or such), or just Legendary Cars featuring the building too.

The 3D models on the Tuning Shop.

False starts on the game's Grid Starts/drag racing.

(sorry for those who bash on menu) The tracks being located on where they're on the World Circuits.

All of the game's wheels are available to select on the cars again on GT Auto again (but notified when the wheels can't be fitted), just like older GTs like GT2-4, and not like GT5 with small selection of wheels depending on car.

1646653417444.png
1646653620452.png

How penalties in lobby races are dealt with just like in Daily races, no more slowing down when YOU want, the penalty is paid at the yellow markers.

The "brake zone" feature, I can never get consistent in my brake points until now.

Last edited:
On the Special S track, the one with the two super long straights, I'd passed the 1st placed cpu driver on the back straight by slipstreaming him and had a 1sec lead. I then noticed the cpu was drafting me back so I changed lanes and it kept changing lanes to stay behind me to draft and I barely won with a gap of 0.080.
Never seen an A.I driver do that before. Very cool.

I love the new suspension physics and the fact that lowering a car too much results in wheels not being able to turn. This can also happen during braking & cornering while initially the wheels had enough space to turn when stationary

Attachments

• FCD4F38C-137D-4A48-82B0-5AF1ED953EF1.jpeg
    FCD4F38C-137D-4A48-82B0-5AF1ED953EF1.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 55
  • F80E7EBB-8447-45AF-AC33-3B5763E6737A.jpeg
    F80E7EBB-8447-45AF-AC33-3B5763E6737A.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 54

Yes, very much this!

Edit - also, there is a cricket chirrup at a certain time of day in the right speaker/headphone between turns 5 and 6 at Laguna Seca that makes me smile.

Last edited:
I love (and sort of hate at the same time) seeing the AI cars that have crashed through GT Auto it makes the chase the rabbit races feel more like track days rather than races and adds a bit of novelty (with current car pool it could visually have got quite same-y)

Also, some of the AI needs to learn some taste 🤣

Also I really like the environmental animations, like planes landing in the background of Daytona? I think but just generally it brings the world to life especially on replays

Functioning mechanical odometers and analog clocks in older cars is a feature I've come to appreciate quite a bit. It's nice to see all the working parts of a car's interior actually... y'know, working.

Although I still can't help but laugh when I take my Super Bee into a career race and the accelerated time scale make the second hand on the analog clock start whirling around like a battleship radar. :lol:

Yeah when I first heard that I couldn't help but smile, such a small but nice addition. I think I held on that screen longer just to soak it in.

One other little feature I'm getting a good kick out of Music Replay. It's so unnecessary but I totally dig it. It's a fun little way to soak in that hard-earned win after the race.

As far as small details it's gotta be the way the sunlight bounces off wet surfaces. The reflections and lighting look so good. They did a killer job with the lighting in this game, even on base PS4.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back