Little Things You Love about GT7?

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 302 comments
Definitely the haptic feedback from shifting, it's as if the controller has gearbox within.
I so wish I had a PS5!

Something else that I really like is the fact that putting a bigger turbo on (‘High RPM Turbo’) doesn’t automatically make it a faster car around the track. You have to consider gearing, rev limit, accounting for a shorter powerband and also transient lag.

I love this kind of realism. Just like in the real world, there are compromises to tuning and you need the awareness and knowledge to set up the rest of car to compliment such an upgrade.

One very small thing i noticed,when i use cockpit view in the Supra GR4 `19 at a certain higher speed there is a faint rattling/tapping sound,like when you have a pen or something loose inside you ash tray or door pocket on your own car.It doesnt do it for me on all the cars i use,if you switch to chase cam the noise is gone,back to cockpit and its there again.A tiny thing but i thought it was pretty cool.

The ability to remove the front license plate.

I wish I could remove the rear one too (or have it automatically painted the same as the body).

So I’ll rate this as 2.5 ⭐️ out of 5.

PS I’d love to be able to do the same for every AI driver I encounter. Those plates are immersion-breaking for me.

So many tiny graphic details like the ones that others have mentioned, but for me it's the satisfying sound, on some of the more aggressive cars, of the transmission slamming into the next gear while wearing headphones. There are a lot of cool mechanical sounds going on. The joy of being able to go for a drive on the new Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. And yes, I checked to see if the monkey was still sitting in the tree, but sadly he must have run away. When I thought about the tracks that are absent at launch, it made me realise just how many tracks Polyphony has given us throughout the years since the first Gran Turismo game. It's a huge amount. I also loved the nod to the GT1 opening movie. That was an especially nice fan service.

What's quite cool with this as well, is the effect is stronger in cockpit view. All of of the haptics and vibrations get a little stronger in cockpit view but the gear shifting in particular gets more violent.
Was just thinking this taking the Corvette out for the first time. It's always had that satisfying thud that make my subwoofer hammer the floor but now you can really feel it running up your arms with every gear shift. Love it!

What's quite cool with this as well, is the effect is stronger in cockpit view. All of of the haptics and vibrations get a little stronger in cockpit view but the gear shifting in particular gets more violent.
Cool, never noticed that as I only run third person.

Last edited:
I think my favortie thing so far is ray-tracing in photo-mode. I must have spent hundreds of hours in photoshop trying to fake some more realistic lighting on GT5/6 photomode. All for naught. :lol:

The ability to remove the front license plate.

I wish I could remove the rear one too (or have it automatically painted the same as the body).

So I’ll rate this as 2.5 ⭐️ out of 5.

PS I’d love to be able to do the same for every AI driver I encounter. Those plates are immersion-breaking for me.
I always put blank stickers over the licence plates. Same color as the car itself. Still not perfect but it's good for now!

I like that the pickup trucks don't feel like bricks on wheels. I hate how other games portray trucks and SUV's as under steer monsters with no handling characteristics other then slow. I drive a Tundra and I'm not afraid to toss it in to a corner at all. It handles surprisingly well for its size just like whats depicted in the game.

Was driving my C6 ZR1 on SSRX. When my car entered the tunnel, the headlights took a moment to come on. When they did, I noticed that the dash's backlight and my HUD speedometer dimmed as the headlights turned on. Blew my freaking mind and made me smile for a good few minutes after. What stupid attention to detail :)

One very small thing i noticed,when i use cockpit view in the Supra GR4 `19 at a certain higher speed there is a faint rattling/tapping sound,like when you have a pen or something loose inside you ash tray or door pocket on your own car.It doesnt do it for me on all the cars i use,if you switch to chase cam the noise is gone,back to cockpit and its there again.A tiny thing but i thought it was pretty cool.
omg any sort of rattling in my car irl drives me nuts... can't see this as a good thing haha 🤣

And the sound of the exhaust system is also different depending on the model you install.

To the "rattling" in the car, I think that comes from the racing gearbox that works with "straight" teeth and therefore "rattles" more.

On the subject of car details. the Supra GT500: The normal sound is great, if you then change the turbocharger, the sound also changes and you can literally hear that more air is being pumped with higher pressure, this really nasty whistle at the end of the speed range is sooo nice.
Of course there are similar things elsewhere, but I think there are a lot more very fine details here that I haven't heard anywhere else.

I also drove 2 AI races yesterday, the sounds of the other cars when you overtake them very closely are extremely well done, I particularly noticed a Gr.4 M4 BMW, I can be wrong but I think I heard him myself I heard the quiet "squeaking" of the brakes when we were next to each other in a curve, but we didn't brake any longer and I also think I heard the "shifting noises" of the BMW chassis. And then of course this unique sound of the M4 when accelerating out of the curve... pure goosebumps.

I think this is a feature: Noticed it the other day whilst doing the final 2 lap race of 24hr Nürburgring - GT World championship event (the final 5 races one)
On the first lap just before you enter the Nordshleife there's a bright white flash, which I presume was a photographer....almost looked like I was flashed by a speed camera lol!

I've not checked yet to see where the photographer was, but in the replay it looked even better and so realistic.

Also love the outstanding audio, and slightly different camera views on replays on some tracks.
Noticed more long lingering views as cars drive away from camera, and also the heat shimmer effect is stunning.

Puddles that give splashes of water rather than driving through em and no effect, and the wind blowing the spray from the wheels across the track. And can't state enough how much I love the replays, haven't played many a good sim because it has garbage replays.

Last edited:
Back