Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Impossible to say without knowing the serial number but you definitely need to hook that up to a PC running G HUB and see if it prompts you for an update for the wheel.

I checked the update on GHub and the firmware has been updated to the most recent version.

@LOGI_Rich . I've not had time to play as much lately but so far, the last three times I played, the same thing happened. I'm also just using the G Pro for just GT7 right now. I had planned to try it on some PC titles as well but again lack of free time.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich . I've not had time to play as much lately but so far, the last three times I played, the same thing happened. I'm also just using the G Pro for just GT7 right now. I had planned to try it on some PC titles as well but again lack of free time.
@LOGI_Rich

I might got the same issue, as you can see in the video there is a light ticking/clicking sounds coming from the G Pro (you can hear it when I don't move my phone around).
The ticking seems louder at specific wheel angle.
Is it the same problem @AshenGraey?

Also sometimes when driving and changing the direction passing through the middle point, I can feel a "clack", like I'm breaking something inside the wheel or maybe a huge drop in the force feedback?
I have not yet determine what condition cause this.

I play on ps5 and firmware is up to date

Should I contact the support? I have the wheel since november.

Link to the video, I'll try to get a better one next time I play: https://we.tl/t-iHJhKsAofq

Today I mounted my G Pro to my new Next Level Racing GT Elite rig. It's an aluminium profile one, and replaces my old NLR GT Lite foldable. I had that braced to Hell, lol, but it worked. Damn thing looked ugly as with all the straps and braces I used.

I had not appreciated how much a solid rig improved the rigidity and overall feel of a direct drive wheel and loadcell pedals. All my inputs are now not dampened in the least. Just wow.
Mate, I just wanted to thank you: your post inspired me.

Like you, I was still fighting with a strapped and braced GT Lite, still suitable with my old G29, but even with reinforcements, plenty of flex with the G Pro.

I read your post, did some research, and one week ago I received a Sim Lab GT1 Evo: after a few days of installing and fine tuning, I have to say the difference is night and day 🤯

The driving experience is much more immersive and comfortable, and I can finally take advantage of the load cell brake: modulation and release are pure joy, and I jumped from 30 to 70 kg of pressure without any issue.

And I have no idea if this came out before, but with this kind of pressure, I noticed some pedal flex inside the base.

The bolts that secure pedals to the base were pretty loose, so it's mandatory to tighten them as firmly as possible before hard mounting.

Fixed this issue, I'm enjoying my G Pro like never before, and feel like I can focus just on driving, instead of having my improvement capped by a flimsy rig.

Thank you so much again!

How does Forza Motorsport work with the Logitech G Pro Steering Wheel?
I know it doesn't have True Force support, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it here and if it's worth it.

@Jacouille can you ascertain exactly where the noise is coming from? Towards the back of the wheel where the fan is, for example? Also, same questions as asked of @AshenGraey - titles played, time played before it happens etc.

You should always test in more than one title when you see an issue, as it's essential for troubleshooting 🙏

@Dragon Reborn generally, yes. If you look at the firmware versions of the wheel in G HUB (select the wheel then click the gear icon at the bottom left) then it should show 133.5.100 for the Pro Wheel and 13.3.55 for the Drive.

@Abelardor Yes, it doesn't have Trueforce support yet (although it does actually use part of the SDK on Xbox to get the RPM LEDs working) but it still works well. We have settings in the usual place.

Cool to see a lot of people using the g pro. I was linked this thread by WombleLeader on YouTube. I’m considering purchasing this wheel and doing a review on my channel vs the DD1. How does everyone like it overall for GT7. That’s the only title im focused on.

Cool to see a lot of people using the g pro. I was linked this thread by WombleLeader on YouTube. I’m considering purchasing this wheel and doing a review on my channel vs the DD1. How does everyone like it overall for GT7. That’s the only title im focused on.
It's very good, but there is a bug that caps the performance at 7nm in GT7. In other games, there are no such issues. Also, there is only one rim atm and no dedicated handbrake + shifter (there is a no-Pro one that is very bad quality that works with a special adapter). It was the best wheel on the market, specifically for GT7, but the situation is probably different now with the release of Fanatec's DD Extreme. I probably wouldn't buy it again because of lack of accessories + that annoying FFB's reduction in GT7. However, once they release accessories & fix that bug in GT7 ... yeah, it might be the best option again.

Last edited:
it's perfect for me. The so called "7nm limit" is not a problem for me, coz I also play other racing sims - ACC/rf2 on PC and, if you drive/race a lot, you would know that even 5-6nm is high enough.

Last edited:
It's very good, but there is a bug that caps the performance at 7nm in GT7. In other games, there are no such issues. Also, there is only one rim atm and no dedicated handbrake + shifter (there is a no-Pro one that is very bad quality that works with a special adapter). It was the best wheel on the market, specifically for GT7, but the situation is probably different now with the release of Fanatec's DD Extreme. I probably wouldn't buy it again because of lack of accessories + that annoying FFB's reduction in GT7. However, once they release accessories & fix that bug in GT7 ... yeah, it might be the best option again.
That’s a tough call. I feel like torque nm is a bit overrated. I never use much more than 5-6 in a competitive sense. Too much feedback causes the driver to fight the car and lose time. However, you can argue that using higher output could make you “feel” more and make you quicker. My personal opinion is that I disagree due to consistency. If the strength is too high, you’ll get tired quick. I suppose my interest in the g pro is the added “detail” with true force such as tire flex and sensing understeer/oversteer a bit more for faster lap times.

As far as the dd extreme. They haven’t released the comparable “full force” or whatever they call it to compete with true force. That’s a huge concern as it may take another year for that to come out. I agree with the ecosystem point. As a casual though, I never use a shifter, nor change my rims. My F1 styles are cool, but necessary.

I just want to know if true force is the real deal, or a gimmick. I think that’s what I’m after. 😎 It would be nice if someone has used a Fanatec DD as comparison.

That’s a tough call. I feel like torque nm is a bit overrated. I never use much more than 5-6 in a competitive sense. Too much feedback causes the driver to fight the car and lose time. However, you can argue that using higher output could make you “feel” more and make you quicker. My personal opinion is that I disagree due to consistency. If the strength is too high, you’ll get tired quick. I suppose my interest in the g pro is the added “detail” with true force such as tire flex and sensing understeer/oversteer a bit more for faster lap times.

As far as the dd extreme. They haven’t released the comparable “full force” or whatever they call it to compete with true force. That’s a huge concern as it may take another year for that to come out. I agree with the ecosystem point. As a casual though, I never use a shifter, nor change my rims. My F1 styles are cool, but necessary.

I just want to know if true force is the real deal, or a gimmick. I think that’s what I’m after. 😎 It would be nice if someone has used a Fanatec DD as comparison.
Trueforce is absolutely amazing on this wheel. It's very similar to having a bass shaker.... Difference is that you can feel it in the wheel and can actually feel it in the wheel when going over the rumble strips and when the car jumps a curb.

I'm using a drivehub because it's a pc only wheel.. But it's very nice because I can get the full 11nm torque and can use a TH8S shifter with it. I'm on the opposite side when it comes to FFB... I actually wish I had around 18 to 20 nm, the 11nm is nice but it feels a bit weak to me.

Hey Z, I watch your streams you may know me as "Busy Child" I have the G pro since last year used mainly with GT7 but also with PC sims and I am loving it. Agree that I was hoping for more wheels and a shifter by now but the core driving experience has been fantastic.

Hey Z, I watch your streams you may know me as "Busy Child" I have the G pro since last year used mainly with GT7 but also with PC sims and I am loving it. Agree that I was hoping for more wheels and a shifter by now but the core driving experience has been fantastic.
Hey busy child 👋🏼

I definitely recognize your name. GT7 is really the only game I’m concerned about. I’m just curious how my 20nm dd1 will compare to a g pro. My gut feeling tells me that I’ll notice more detail.

Out of curiosity, what wheel did you come from prior to the G pro?

Before I had a an older logitech wheel that didnt support playstation, so not as familiar with the fanatec stuff.

The detail from trueforce in GT7 is really apparent to me when I compare to games that don't support it. Best example are curbs, you feel them just as much as you hear them while other games I notice curb sounds but often dont feel them through the wheel.

Like others have said it's like having a bass shaker built into the wheel, and I can feel it through both the wheel and through the rig in my seat. I don't find it distracts or covers up the actual feedback, but of course it's all adjustable in game and in the wheel settings.

Oh it’s GT7 that you’re referring to. What I’ve said about GT7 setting the upper limit of torque and TF is correct so if you have the wheel at, say 25% TF Audio and you make a single digit adjustment then it will appear as if you’ve just immediately cut TF massively because it suddenly jumps to 24% of what the game has set. There’s no need to restart the game though - just increase TF Audio to 100% and you’ll then have what the game has set at startup. The same applies to torque.

The best thing to do is to set what you want in-game, leaving strength at 11Nm and TF Audio at 100 on the wheel. That way if you then do decide to make any adjustments on the wheel they won’t appear to be quite so drastic.

All other games are fine and don’t behave like this.

If the recommended way to setup TF Audio for GT7 is 100% in the base and 25% in-game.

Based on the recommended G Pro settings for ACC it works in reversed way, if I get it right.... I should put 25% TF Audio in the base and how much in-game.... 100% maybe or?

If the recommended way to setup TF Audio for GT7 is 100% in the base and 25% in-game.

Based on the recommended G Pro settings for ACC it works in reversed way, if I get it right.... I should put 25% TF Audio in the base and how much in-game.... 100% maybe or?

I use the recommended settings on the logitech site and everything works great.

100 truforce on the base and 35 vibration in gt7

Before I had a an older logitech wheel that didnt support playstation, so not as familiar with the fanatec stuff.

The detail from trueforce in GT7 is really apparent to me when I compare to games that don't support it. Best example are curbs, you feel them just as much as you hear them while other games I notice curb sounds but often dont feel them through the wheel.

Like others have said it's like having a bass shaker built into the wheel, and I can feel it through both the wheel and through the rig in my seat. I don't find it distracts or covers up the actual feedback, but of course it's all adjustable in game and in the wheel settings.
I think you’ve answered my curiosity.

I think you answered the majority of my questions. It kind of sounds similar to my T-GT transducer. I’m sure it’s much better, but same concept.

I suppose that I would need to try it myself in order to evaluate a few things. I’m convinced that high torque (NM) doesn’t matter much to me. Of course it depends person to person. I’ve tried using my dd1 at max and it’s almost impossible for me to drive. (It gets so stiff) I’m thinking the quality/detail is much more important. Hopefully trueforce adds missing effects that I can’t find on the Fanatec. (Tires getting loose, etc)

The reason why I’m chasing this idea is because I’m faster on my T-GT. For a while now I’ve been going back and forth (off stream) and I’m 2-3 tenths slower on the DD1. I only use it because it “feels” more premium. I’m looking for a quality wheel that I can actually be fast with lol.

Thinking about the DD extreme, but feel I’ll have the same issue.

Yeah GT7 is the unique title in all this.
It sure seems that way. I won’t know for sure until I buy it. Still contemplating between the g pro and dd extreme. I just have an odd suspicion the g pro is better in terms of quality feedback. Some people like heavy torque, but I like lower torque and more detail.

@Z28Gaming true force is amazing. Quality of the wheel and pedals seem second to none in this price range. Yes accessories are lacking so far but Logitech assure us they are coming.
For now, Drivehub was recently updated (dispite what their website says) and allows the use of 3rd party shifters ect with the g-pro. Maybe this is an opportunity for you on your channel as theres little info about this on YT so far.

I wonder if the extra nm of torque would allow more detail without actually significantly increasing strength. Basically its capped at 7, so is the ffb actually clipping a little for those that are maxing it out currently.

@LOGI_Rich I am using the recommended settings from the logitech support page with automobilista 2 (wheel: FFB filter 8, dampener 0, TF 50, game: https://www.logitech.com/assets/66231/39/game-settings.png ) and they feel good with one problem. Normally I leave my wheel at 11nm since I like the high strength, however in AMS2 this leads to some major oscillations from the wheel even when a car is sitting at idle. I can reduce the effect by turning down the strength to around 5nm, it still feels pretty good but too light for me, I prefer the heavy feeling of the high strength. Can you recommend which settings to play with to try and reduce the oscillations without turning down the wheel strength? Normally I would go straight to dampener but I notice you recommend 0 both in game and on the wheel. Right now I am running 8nm as a compromise but even there the oscillations can get pretty heavy.

Anyone else playing this sim please feel free to post whatever settings you use, thanks.

@Z28Gaming take a read/watch of this review by GTP site founder, Jordan. He was quite impressed.
Trueforce is a new FFB system developed by Logitech which, when supported by titles, gives a higher fidelity, more detailed response through the wheel. Many think it's just vibrotactile effects, but it's not, it's the full package. The effects on top of the improved FFB are just the icing on the cake. And I don't have GT7. 😉.

@notarjy I know it's a different game and the settings are funky but in GT7 I find that I need to set the FFB filter to 1 when I'm using the full 11nm torque (drivehub) to get rid of oscillation. I know it sounds backwards because the description says you will get a more raw feeling this way which I would think would increase oscillation but it's the opposite for me in GT7. I'd recommend playing around with that filter and see if you can get rid of most of the oscillation.

Yep leave it at 100 in the game.

@notarjy I’ll take another look tomorrow. Also worth checking if you get the same issue with all cars.
Thanks Rich, please take your time. I did check a few different cars, it was most apparent in open wheel cars the formula junior, much less so in road/touring cars I used to compare. I'm wondering if I should just leave the strength at full or 8nm as I do now and utilize the per car ffb % setting in game. I didnt notice it before but I'm guessing it reduces the gain.

Back