Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I currently have a Fanatec setup but I'm thinking of switching back to Logitech in the future. I put a lot of hours on my G29 over the 7 years I had it, can I expect the same reliability from the G Pro?
Most people only post if they have a problem so I'll buck the trend as I've had mine one year now and not had a single issue. I will hazard a guess that mine gets on average of 8 hours use per week with the strength set to 9Nm. I'm on XBox which seems more reliable (or less people report issues).

@LOGI_Rich sorry to bother you mate:

The mini-stick on my wheel's been increasingly-unresponsive when pushing it down (south) these past few weeks. It's now reached the point that I can get it to work if I push it south-west, but not south.

Only a few hours of gentle use a week.

Any thoughts mate? Is there a trick I can employ to bring it back? Caig Deoxit maybe?

@LOGI_Rich sorry to bother you mate:

The mini-stick on my wheel's been increasingly-unresponsive when pushing it down (south) these past few weeks. It's now reached the point that I can get it to work if I push it south-west, but not south.

Only a few hours of gentle use a week.

Any thoughts mate? Is there a trick I can employ to bring it back? Caig Deoxit maybe?

I had the same issue with the joystick on my pro wheel. Eventually it just went away, so I'd say there's a good chance it has to do with debris. Hopefully a good blast of air will solve the issue.

😊I meant does it do the same thing in other titles/games? Trying to see if this is just Motorfest that is affected (in which case it's a game issue).

Hi there. That’s the pricing as it stands today - there’s no error. Different regions will have different deals and things will change over time.

Can someone tell me where the serial numbers are on the wheel and pedals? I was talking to Logitech Support (who are great by the way) and they told me that the one on the boxes are not the ones they need to register them with Logitech. I have had my gear mounted on a SIM set since August last year and being a little infirm (read that as old), only want to move and dismantle what is necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone tell me where the serial numbers are on the wheel and pedals? I was talking to Logitech Support (who are great by the way) and they told me that the one on the boxes are not the ones they need to register them with Logitech. I have had my gear mounted on a SIM set since August last year and being a little infirm (read that as old), only want to move and dismantle what is necessary.

Thanks in advance.
On the bottom unfortunately mate.

Yes, but that is what we have been talking about the whole time also, so what is your point? 🤔
The only person who mentioned the wheel violently oscillating back and forth is you.
As I've already explained here, weeks ago, my point is that the pulsating/vibrating feel is not a common trait of direct-drive bases at all, as you suggested in the post I replied to in the first place. You were wrong. That's all. End of.

And it was @Oshawa-Joe who brought up oscillations when he - either in a trolling attempt or having entirely misunderstood what was being discussed - condescendingly suggested that I'd "literally google (brand name) oscillation" online.

If you do follow his advice and look it up (and I think you should,) you'll see what's commonly understood by "wheel base oscillation" in a sim racing context. And when the base in question is a direct-drive, the oscillation is virtually always violent.
Hi @Skinny McLean I haven't seen any reports of the twitching, @loudlevin, others and I have been experiencing, on Fanatec wheels or other DD wheelbases, it seems to be a specific Logitech pro issue seemingly related the dampening function.

I know strong oscillating on straights is quite common with high torque wheels (isn't the dampening function on DD wheelbases supposed to reduce this, not cause or increase it?) if that is what you have been referring to but that's not the same.
There's been lots of complaints about it, both on r/fanatec and on Fanatec's forum where Maurice (who is a Fanatec employee) acknowledged the issue (vibrations slowly increasing over time if the dampener is applied) and advices people to set the dampener to zero as a workaround. I haven't heard about other manufacturers than these two exhibiting a similar issue.

Sure, give it a go.
Now this is support. Thank you Brother Rich! ♥️

Every other company I've dealt with would say, "nooo... you'll void warranty / risk some sort of (unspecified) damage" etc.

As I suspect Rich knows, the product I mentioned is special for electrical contacts; it's been an audio-engineer's favourite for many decades, leaves zero residue and works miracles.

Please @LOGI_Rich tell to the developers , to let us able to override steering angle on GT7 like in every racing games!!!
with DD pro is possible ... the wheel override the game angle ...

Can someone tell me where the serial numbers are on the wheel and pedals?
If you bought it as a complete kit the number you're probably after is on the back of the wheel itself (not the base). That's the one they wanted to know/see when I contacted support. Give that a whirl, especially since it's easy to get to!

Now this is support. Thank you Brother Rich! ♥️

Every other company I've dealt with would say, "nooo... you'll void warranty / risk some sort of (unspecified) damage" etc.

As I suspect Rich knows, the product I mentioned is special for electrical contacts; it's been an audio-engineer's favourite for many decades, leaves zero residue and works miracles.
Yeah, contact cleaner is great stuff. It's kept the joy-con controllers going on the family Switch - a couple of squirts and rotating the sticks solves stick drift, straight up.

If you bought it as a complete kit the number you're probably after is on the back of the wheel itself (not the base). That's the one they wanted to know/see when I contacted support. Give that a whirl, especially since it's easy to get to!
Thanks. I will try that. I am in my late 60's so bending down or crawling over the floor is OK except when I want to get up again :grumpy:

I was having some issues with the spring at the neck of my wheel. So I stupidly gave it a touch of WD40. This fixed the issue with the spring...but I fear some of the fluid may have seaped deeper inside.

Now I get a lot of vibration in the wheelbase, which I believe is truforce, that doesn't transmit to the wheel itself. Is it possible I've damaged the wheel itself and it's not picking up that FFB?

If so I'm not looking for replacement since I did this to myself...I just don't want to buy a replacement if I'm totally wrong and end up with two rims and no solution

Last edited:
A few quick questions. Thanks in advance for any reply.

So drivehub will allow you to use the full force in gt7 with truforce?

Any other advantages of using it?

A few quick questions. Thanks in advance for any reply.

So drivehub will allow you to use the full force in gt7 with truforce?

Any other advantages of using it?
The ability to use other peripherals in GT7 along with the G Pro wheel, such as a TH8A shifter, whilst we wait patiently to hear any news of anything from Logitech.

I currently have a Fanatec setup but I'm thinking of switching back to Logitech in the future. I put a lot of hours on my G29 over the 7 years I had it, can I expect the same reliability from the G Pro?
It's an excellent wheel and pedal set, I've had mine for 18 months and have had almost zero issues (a minor cable issue) and support has been excellent. The biggest issues with the product has to do with a) ecosystem and b) price pressure from competitors imo, but the actual product is very very good. Also remember that Trueforce is a thing, and for instance in iRacing only Logitech, Simicube, and Simagic have the 360hz FFB - my understanding is that's partially due to the API. There's other good options of course, I'm very happy with the product.

Back