Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Just as I said in my last post: you'll need to increase the in-game vibration setting.

As for mid-corner FFB, it could be possible that now the wheel can hit 11Nm that clipping can occur. A reduction in the Max Torque setting in-game would therefore also help, but I need to spend more time with it before I make that recommendation. At the moment I've only got time to make quick tests in order to address people saying that "Trueforce is now gone" when it really hasn't! 😊
The trueforce has gone quite a bit, it’s way less potent and detailed than before the update. What a shame as it was so good before the update. Any chance this can be fixed??

I'm one of the freaks who had my vibration in game setting to 150 and my True Force set to 75 - 100 on the wheel and it is just not the same after the update. True force used to be able to rumble through the Playset Trophy seat and is barely noticeable now with these settings. Glad we can use the full power of the pro wheel nm now, but need True Force back. Womp womp

I'm one of the freaks who had my vibration in game setting to 150 and my True Force set to 75 - 100 on the wheel and it is just not the same after the update. True force used to be able to rumble through the Playset Trophy seat and is barely noticeable now with these settings. Glad we can use the full power of the pro wheel nm now, but need True Force back. Womp womp
I’m the same same as you, had the TF audio at 100 to get the full rumble. Now it has basically disappeared. @LOGI_Rich can you do anything about this issue?

Only one change to recommended settings so far: increase the Vibration setting in GT7's controller settings. As per the patch notes, they've definitely reduced the potential gain on it, but to be honest it was previously possible to have something that didn't feel good, so where it's at now is fine. I'm now recommending 150.
So the controller vibration settings actually affect the wheels too?

Last edited:
my settings:

in game ffb torque 10
in game ffb sensitivity 1
in game vibration strength 150

on wheel
strength 11 Nm
tf audio 100
ffb filter 10
dampener 30

I can feel the increased overall output from the game, and the detail from the ffb and true force feels better than before to me, though certainly different since i was only using 35 before

only downside is oscillation on straights at high speed has returned whereas it was basically absent to me before with these settings.

@Pzynen we can always ask, but there's nothing we can promise as it's entirely up to Polyphony. They've definitely improved the fidelity of what they're sending to the wheel.
The problem is that in real life the overall detail and feel has diminished completely from the trueforce. So whatever they improved doesn’t translate to better feel. You can clearly see that from the reactions here.

Might be a point to highlight to the game developers as it sort of ruins the immersion on the G Pro Wheel.

Ah so they made it worse on purpose because other wheels don’t have trueforce? 🤔
Might be the case, same as holding it's power, because of the other wheels. Now, PD gives power, but takes TF:D. Some players, mentioned including @LOGI_Rich, that by raising the TF up to 150 solves the problem and actually feels better than before, if you were at 35 in-game settings.

Last edited:
"Only one change to recommended settings so far: increase the Vibration setting in GT7's controller settings. As per the patch notes, they've definitely reduced the potential gain on it, but to be honest it was previously possible to have something that didn't feel good, so where it's at now is fine. I'm now recommending 150."

@LOGI_Rich Do you suggest changing the vibration in the game from 35 to 150?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
I think you'll inevitably be disatisfied if you had it set to 150 vibration in game and 100 on the wheel before, because that was a pretty insane amount of vibration 'noise' that just didn't make much sense.

The wheel would hum and buzz with engine revs and all sorts, which although amusing didn't have much relation to reality.

It'll be interesting to see if there's been a related balancing of the different elements of TrueForce, as I had to settle on a sort of mid-range compromise whereby I got the strength of the kerb vibration high enough to vibrate the Playseat frame nicely (being able to feel that in the seat of the chair is really satisfying), but then not too high in order to avoid the constant 'hum' from the wheel.

Sounds like they've given us back the full torque range as well, looking at the patch notes, really curious to give the game a go this evening!

I think you'll inevitably be disatisfied if you had it set to 150 vibration in game and 100 on the wheel before, because that was a pretty insane amount of vibration 'noise' that just didn't make much sense.

The wheel would hum and buzz with engine revs and all sorts, which although amusing didn't have much relation to reality.

It'll be interesting to see if there's been a related balancing of the different elements of TrueForce, as I had to settle on a sort of mid-range compromise whereby I got the strength of the kerb vibration high enough to vibrate the Playseat frame nicely (being able to feel that in the seat of the chair is really satisfying), but then not too high in order to avoid the constant 'hum' from the wheel.

Sounds like they've given us back the full torque range as well, looking at the patch notes, really curious to give the game a go this evening!
I'm not too sure... With headphones on and PlayStation vr2, the aensatiom was something I couls feel and would help with the road feel. Noise aside, the tactile feedback from true force is what we paid for. Feels like they nerfed it. This is also similar to the same thing that happened in update 1.39 I think and they changed it eventually, I think a week later.

"Only one change to recommended settings so far: increase the Vibration setting in GT7's controller settings. As per the patch notes, they've definitely reduced the potential gain on it, but to be honest it was previously possible to have something that didn't feel good, so where it's at now is fine. I'm now recommending 150."

@LOGI_Rich Do you suggest changing the vibration in the game from 35 to 150?

Thank you!!
:odd:

Last edited:
FFB and Trueforce feel amazing after the update. I did have to turn FFB strength down to 5 and controller vibration strength up to 125 from 35. I can feel so much more on the track. Much better feeling of what the tires are doing through corners. Cars that were difficult (felt vague) through corners last night , I now have much better control, simply from the feel of the tires.

Edit: I never ran trueforce cranked up to feel like I was revving up a chainsaw.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich Adjusted controller vibration to 150 and max torque in game to 5, FFB sensitivity to 10. Basically the result is the wheel is heavier and the true force feels less detailed than it was before the update (with less detailed I mean less engine vibration trough the wheel, no gear change nudges, less vibration from kerbs/bumps). The trueforce before the update was more potent and gave more feel. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich Adjusted controller vibration to 150 and max torque in game to 5, FFB sensitivity to 10. Basically the result is the wheel is heavier and the true force feels less detailed than it was before the update (with less detailed I mean less engine vibration trough the wheel, no gear change nudges, less vibration from kerbs/bumps). The trueforce before the update was more potent and gave more feel. Anyone else agree?
Thank you for the more detailed description. I completely agree.

I still wouldn't recommend setting sensitivity that high on the Pro Wheel as it just creates an unnatural centering feeling IMO, so it would feel heavy - I still prefer it down at 1. I guess if you really did have Vibration set to 150 pre-patch then of course this is going to feel quieter; I'd disagree that it feels less detailed, but that's just my opinion and of course doesn't invalidate how you're feeling.

Remember though that Polyphony made changes to the physics in a number of ways, so there's naturally going to be a change in how things feel to a certain extent.

@ZevZoq Yes, it only affects Trueforce Audio, so G923 and Pro Wheel. It has no effect on G29.

I still wouldn't recommend setting sensitivity that high on the Pro Wheel as it just creates an unnatural centering feeling IMO, so it would feel heavy - I still prefer it down at 1. I guess if you really did have Vibration set to 150 pre-patch then of course this is going to feel quieter; I'd disagree that it feels less detailed, but that's just my opinion and of course doesn't invalidate how you're feeling.

Remember though that Polyphony made changes to the physics in a number of ways, so there's naturally going to be a change in how things feel to a certain extent.

@ZevZoq Yes, it only affects Trueforce Audio, so G923 and Pro Wheel. It has no effect on G29.
Do you still get the same vibrations through the wheel regarding kerbs/bumps, gearshifts, engine vibrations?

Because I don’t (vibration set to 150 and max torque 5).

Last edited:
So what is it that determines the heaviness of the wheel, when switching from car to car?
I upped by GT7 vibration setting to 150 as per Rich's advice.
Took in game torque from 4 down to 2, as below.
Since today's update, in some GT7 cars, the wheel feels fine/light, in others super heavy.
The old '67 Miura feels quite light, while the '02 Viper '02 feels crazy heavy. I would've though the older car from before power steering was introduced, would've had the heavier feeling wheel...

GT7 1.49 updated installed today. Initial feeling within seconds of starting up. Wheel feels much heavier than before. Had to reduce my in-game max torque from 4 to 2 to feel similar to pre update. Might increase it if required/advised for realism.

Would love to hear what others have done to adjust.

For reference, my settings:

Game:

Max Torque: adjusted today from 4 down to 2
FF sensitivity: 1

Wheel:-
Strength: 11
TF audio: 100
FFB Filter: 8
Dampener: 15

On another note; for someone who wasn’t even utilising the max torque before this update, is there any advantage to me in this new “release of all the torque” that everyone talks about?

At wheel vibration strength at 150 the wheel is now vibrating (like almost a hum) all the time. Is.. that normal??

Max torque on wheel and in game
Tf audio 100
Ffb filter 8
Dampner 15 (is auto not recommended?)

At wheel vibration strength at 150 the wheel is now vibrating (like almost a hum) all the time. Is.. that normal??

Max torque on wheel and in game
Tf audio 100
Ffb filter 8
Dampner 15 (is auto not recommended?)
I'm waiting for LOGI_Rich's settings.

But for now I'm using this:

Max torque 8
TF AUDIO 100
FFB filter 1
dampner 30

So what is it that determines the heaviness of the wheel, when switching from car to car?
I upped by GT7 vibration setting to 150 as per Rich's advice.
Took in game torque from 4 down to 2, as below.
Since today's update, in some GT7 cars, the wheel feels fine/light, in others super heavy.
The old '67 Miura feels quite light, while the '02 Viper '02 feels crazy heavy. I would've though the older car from before power steering was introduced, would've had the heavier feeling wheel...
I would say tires at the first place and maybe properly or better working weight transfer 🤔

I never felt GT7 so alive driving different cars, with different tires.

I was using TF35 in-game before the update. After a lot of testing today. I personally find TF125 a little too much for my liking and TF100 just right. So, If I need to tweak the TF any further, it will be in that range. Of course, it's a personal preference and very subjective from person to person.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back