Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I notice the new hub doesn't have the two extra variable paddles of the original wheel. Something to note if you make use of them. Those with accessibility requirements might be annoyed.

The Xbox version is also dearer than the PC one, presumably because it contains the "security chip". So for a Playstation purchase (and if you didn't need Xbox support) would you pick the PC version to save £20? Would that work?

While not exactly cheap the hub, wheels, shifter and adapter seem fairly good value - as SIM racing gear goes that is.

I wonder what the 3 settings are. Sequential and handbrake obviously, but the 3rd?

View attachment 1389990
Watching boosted media's video, the three modes are sequential shift mode, digital handbrake mode, and analogue handbrake mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of disappointed with the lack of H-shifter. Something to take on Fanatec’s would have been great. I do get the sequential handbrake duo setup though, it’s the same motion really.

The wheels are nice. Having just a base to start with that you can add wheels to isn’t too bad of an idea. Plus I can get actual XBox + PS support now which is nice. I kind of don’t like how they rotated that right thumb wheel though. That button is a PITA to hit while driving on the left side. The design does open up and allow third parties to start cranking out wheels too.

I’ll still get a wheel (maybe both). Though DriveHub + Fanatec’s shifter is looking like it’ll be in my near future. I will wait until the end of October just to be safe (though I doubt there’s any surprises left).

I was wanting a Xbox compatible wheel to go on the PS base to give me a system that will work on both my consoles. Looks like I can accomplish this with the new wheel hub and then add a wheel.

I’ve said it elsewhere but this year was all about filling the gaps in the range with products that we didn’t have, as well as opening things up for the future.

The desire for a more premium H pattern shifter is real and we obviously know this, but we can’t work on everything all at once. There’s still more to come, but definitely not this year.

I’ve said it elsewhere but this year was all about filling the gaps in the range with products that we didn’t have, as well as opening things up for the future.

The desire for a more premium H pattern shifter is real and we obviously know this, but we can’t work on everything all at once. There’s still more to come, but definitely not this year.
Appreciate the comment!

if it is not this year will it be next or another two years of waiting?

someone can explain me how new product works?
if i want to use new f1 rim on ps5 i can buy wheel hub(wich version)? and rs track wheel?
The QR adapter is for 3rd part wheels like fanatec wheels?if it so , it will work on ps5 ?

thx in advance

1000$ for base+wheel and pedals.. Hmmm.. But then again its 11nm.
But it looks to "plasticky"
Is steering rim 30cm or 28?
Hi there, I can confirm it's not so "plasticky" as it looks, the wheel is pretty solid and heavy. The DD base has a plastic casing because it has fan to blow the heat, and not like other that use a dissipator. The pedals are made of solid metal, but the base of the pedals is obviously plastic, a strong, otherwise the thing would weight a ton.

Surely it was ****** ecosystem with far less options, but I just ordered the GT rim and new hub. Should be here in home (at Northern Germany) is 1-2 days if the delivery prediction is accurate. And then I can update my opinion.

PS1: I had the Playstation base and wheel, and I got the Xbox hub to use on both consoles.

PS: I had a G920 years ago, and that was ok-ish. And with that I would agree 100% that is felt plasticky. I got rid of it because the noise of the gears was unbearable for my taste.

someone can explain me how new product works?
if i want to use new f1 rim on ps5 i can buy wheel hub(wich version)? and rs track wheel?
The QR adapter is for 3rd part wheels like fanatec wheels?if it so , it will work on ps5 ?

thx in advance
Well, I can answer that in 2-3 days when my Xbox hub (and GT rim) arrives. Based on infos I got scattered it seams that the new hub will identify as Xbox wheel, but there is no info that it will work on Playstation yet. Some say you need "the Playstation button" to pair it, and therefore the Xbox hub (+GT rim) would then not work on Playstation if this logic is correct. But in a few days I can say something about that, I think one could press the Xbox button and base should just translate it since the layout is nearly identical to the previous wheel. But maybe I'm wrong.

If I need to continue using the (round) wheel that came with my PS bundle on GT7 and ACC I will be not very happy. Specially because the cut out of the new rims don't allow us to place the new rims on the old hub (which was not meant to get the wheel replaced).

EDIT2: According to Rich from Logitech (post is just bellow) this is not the case and the Xbox Hub will convert to a Playstation wheel when used on PS5/4.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't focus enough on your questions... I would get the Xbox hub since the other one is PC only. The QR adapter will allow you to mount any compatible wheel, but it's not confirmed yet if can then plug it on the DD base directly and have it recognised on consoles. I would wait for infos before I purchase it if I was you. I personally bought it because I need a wheel to use on many Xbox games I collect over the years.

Well, I can answer that in 2-3 days when my Xbox hub (and GT rim) arrives. Based on infos I got scattered it seams that the new hub will identify as Xbox wheel, but there is no info that it will work on Playstation yet. Some say you need "the Playstation button" to pair it, and therefore the Xbox hub (+GT rim) would then not work on Playstation if this logic is correct. But in a few days I can say something about that, I think one could press the Xbox button and base should just translate it since the layout is nearly identical to the previous wheel. But maybe I'm wrong.

If I need to continue using the (round) wheel that came with my PS bundle on GT7 and ACC I will be not very happy. Specially because the cut out of the new rims don't allow us to place the new rims on the old hub (which was not meant to get the wheel replaced).
What a shame Logitech ... no info about it ... wtf

I thought we’d been pretty clear in the assets we’ve shared, but apparently not 😀. All good: the Xbox Hub works fine on the PS base. Every button just works as its logical match for the other platform - A = Cross, Xbox button becomes the PS button etc.

QR adapter is PC-only as there’s no button to be a PS button.

Last edited:
I thought we’d been pretty clear in the assets we’ve shared, but apparently not. All good: the Xbox Hub works fine on the PS base. Every button just works as its logical match for the other platform - A = Cross, Xbox button becomes the PS button etc.

Thanks a lot, I can edit/remove my comments to avoid spreading misinformation.

I thought we’d been pretty clear in the assets we’ve shared, but apparently not. All good: the Xbox Hub works fine on the PS base. Every button just works as its logical match for the other platform - A = Cross, Xbox button becomes the PS button etc.

Will there be a Playstation hub?

Again not clear...
U said the xbox hub works on ps base...but then will work on ps5?
And why only the Xbox hub and not pc hub works on ps base?

So my questions are
Xbox hub + Ps base = works on ps5?
PC hub + ps base = works on ps5?

I think is better to do a scheme

p.s.
Italian Logitech g shop is the only one without new products...very nice!

Last edited:
Again not clear...
U said the xbox hub works on ps base...but then will work on ps5?
And why only the Xbox hub and not pc hub works on ps base?

So my questions are
Xbox hub + Ps base = works on ps5?
PC hub + ps base = works on ps5?

I think is better to do a scheme

p.s.
Italian Logitech g shop is the only one without new products...very nice!
Anything you connect to a PS Base works on PS5 as far as I understand.

Last edited:
Appreciate the comment!

if it is not this year will it be next or another two years of waiting?
I am sure you won't get an answer for that. Logitech will just let you stay in the dark on info about the release of an h shifter.
I understand they can't work on everything at once, but get your priorities straight. There are much more cars in the world that use an h shifter vs a sequential shifter so i am sure the majority of the userbase would prefer if Logi gave priority to an h shifter (one that includes a sequential shift option as well, just like Fanatec, Simagic and SSH shifters do).

I am fortunate that i race on pc (and the Simagic ds-8x that i plan to order is probably a higher quality shifter than what Logi will release anyway), but i will buy a ps5 in the future so then it sucks my shifter won't be compatible out of the box.

Last edited:
Explained here:

Would have explained it sooner but we didn't get the embargoed press release...

I am sure you won't get an answer for that. Logitech will just let you stay in the dark on info about the release of an h shifter.
I understand they can't work on everything at once, but get your priorities straight. There are much more cars in the world that use an h shifter vs a sequential shifter so i am sure the majority of the userbase would prefer if Logi gave priority to an h shifter (one that includes a sequential shift option as well, just like Fanatec, Simagic and SSH shifters do).

I am fortunate that i race on pc (and the Simagic ds-8x that i plan to order is probably a higher quality shifter than what Logi will release anyway), but i will buy a ps5 in the future so then it sucks my shifter won't be compatible out of the box.
I appreciate it's yet more money, but the Drivehub allows you to use other shifters with the G Pro on PS5. I can at least confirm the TH8A works perfectly and H-pattern / clutched shifting is well implemented in GT7.

Good to see a round wheel appear, and the hub seems a nice idea, not dissimilar to what I was talking about a few posts back. Sounds like the QR adapter will allow me to make use of this Nardi wheel I have laying around for PC gaming, will just need an adapter to make it fit the Momo bolt spacing. That's cool, given the option of a button box on PC the ability to use an actual wheel with the G Pro base is appreciated without having to butcher anything.

Will read some reviews of the handbrake / sequential shifter, interesting to see if offers an analog mode. Does this replace one of the clutch paddle axis or is it in addition?

You could presumably map it as a hand operated throttle, which for some reason seems quite a comical idea

Last edited:
To me the real shame is I can’t just buy the rs round rim, and get rid of this d-bs without dropping over 3 bills for the rim and hub. Despite the the extra button and slotted holes, looks like the 4 way directional is in a different spot, and the bolt pattern is different. Very sneaky logi, and disappointing forcing the extra purchase. Not to mention losing the analogs for 2 buttons. Still no back light buttons and i guess more tactile for vr users is too much to ask.

@JimiHendrix
“The pedals are made of solid metal, but the base of the pedals is obviously plastic, a strong, otherwise the thing would weight a ton.”

Correct me if im wrong but the pedal base is metal, with the plastic being cosmetic wrapped around the metal base. Kind of like the wheel base.

Will there be a Playstation hub?
PlayStation support is in the base itself. Xbox support comes through the wheel itself. So there won’t be a PlayStation hub. If you want PlayStation support you do it through the base.

My assumption is that technically the normal buttonless hub might still get picked up by the PlayStation and can in theory work. Though it’s also possible that Logitech disables support on their end if having a home button is a requirement for PlayStation through some terms of use or something.

@stb_80

Either hub works on PlayStation if you have the PlayStation base already - you're just making a choice as to whether you need Xbox compatibility or not.

@RafalDybek no plans to at the moment, for precisely the reason above.

The QR adapter is to connect just about ANY other steering wheel, MOMO's premium racing wheels included. Provided it attaches with a 70mm or 50.8mm front-mounting, or 70mm rear-mounting bolt pattern then you should be able to attach it. That also means that you can connect other sim racing wheels that have their own USB connection: Simagic, Cube Controls, Gomez Sim Industries, Ascher... the list goes on. But it has to be on PC because those wheels can't connect to a PlayStation.

@tinyman392 it's simply because it doesn't have a PS button with which you can register the wheel to the console - there's no way round that requirement.

@Sturdy the handbrake has both a digital and analog mode.

Last edited:
I'm quite disappointed that there is no Playstation control scheme for RS Wheel HUB ... I know it works, but it would be nicer to have it. I ended up ordering PC version because that Xbox logo is soooo ugly.

Also no clutch for the wheel is a massive disadvantage in games like iRacing (Formula category) :/
I have no idea how can I stay competitive with a wheel without it.

I'm quite disappointed that there is no Playstation control scheme for RS Wheel HUB ... I know it works, but it would be nicer to have it. I ended up ordering PC version because that Xbox logo is soooo ugly.

Also no clutch for the wheel is a massive disadvantage in games like iRacing (Formula category) :/
I have no idea how can I stay competitive with a wheel without it.
I have a strong suspicion usage data showed them that existing Pro wheel users haven't been using the clutch pedals and that's why they weren't added to the Hub. The Hub is pretty competitively priced. It might not have been if those clutch pedals were included.

Time will tell, but I have a feeling they made the right tradeoff.

I'm guessing they'll eventually have a dedicated formula wheel with clutch paddles. It seems like Rich said they focused on items that fill gaps in the lineup like the hubs and handbrake/sequential. Now that they have covered the basics, maybe they get into more premium and niche wheel options and our highly anticipated H shifter.

Thanks so much for posting this, Rich. I drafted and then deleted a post last night which was gonna ask you for some transparency. After a 2 year wait, Logitech's customers deserve it, and its appreciated.

As far as "products we didn't have", the H shifter fits that description. I guess your research has shown you that people wanted the new wheels more than they wanted the H shifter?

Last edited:
I think he means that for now, H shifter is technically covered by the available G series shifter + the compatibility hub. Certainly it's not up the standard of the pro series, but I can see why if it takes this long to develop and release the handbrake/sequential, they prioritized it over a second H shifter since there was no previous handbrake or sequential option and now this new product covers both. Not what I would have done, but then again I am a customer not a product developer.

It is nice to see Logitech expanding the DD Pro line, but I'm a little disappointed with the wheel options. This hub removes the clutch paddles and has basically the same buttons. I was hoping for more of those rotary buttons.

But it's cool that they added that adapter to use other brand wheels. I'm guessing you will lose the trueforce effect, which is one of the biggest selling points of the DD Pro. So for me, whatever option you choose, it'll still be missing something.

EDIT: LOGI_Rich said that we won't lose trueforce with 3rd party wheels. So that's a win 🙌.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back