Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Thats a good question in general for the future, the newer PS5 models for example replaced the front USB A with USB C, I was wondering if it will be possible to use a different cable or adapter to continue using the front port if I ever replace my PS5 with a pro or new model.

This works for me for over a year without any problem switching between PS5 and PC my G Pro wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_20241010_195808.jpg
    IMG_20241010_195808.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That kind of suggests it's not the wheel but the Xbox that has the issue then...

I assume you've tried restarting the Xbox? Every USB port on it? Are you running the standard firmware release for the Xbox or are you on one of the Insider rings? Also, what are the firmware versions showing as for the wheel in G HUB?
@LOGI_Rich this sounds like the same issue that began plaguing some competitive tgt II users. In fact my coach went thru this and ended up switching to a different company.

He went through EVERYTHING possible, I'll ask him to post, see if he can help.

Thought I’d look into getting the pro pedals, website locks up, then says it’s under maintenance… how convenient during a sale. lol. I swear every time I log on some forum or scroll Facebook groups somebody is waiting to get pedals.

I think they’ve underestimated how many people are getting the pro pedals but not the wheel. Drop the price of the wheel and pedal combo and entice people to upgrade it all. The wheel and pedals all in at $1400 CAD would be a perfect price in my opinion.

They even have some sort of sale on right now that I’ll miss out on.
They are often doing discounts and regularly do 25% off for students.

@LOGI_Rich this sounds like the same issue that began plaguing some competitive tgt II users. In fact my coach went thru this and ended up switching to a different company.

He went through EVERYTHING possible, I'll ask him to post, see if he can help.
This was a one off incident, the console restart and cache clear solved the issue. its been fine since. And I am on an insiders programme though not on any beta firmware that I know of. I also had issues logging into forza motorsport at the time as well.

This was a one off incident, the console restart and cache clear solved the issue. its been fine since. And I am on an insiders programme though not on any beta firmware that I know of. I also had issues logging into forza motorsport at the time as well.

Firebird... do you have a channel as part of the insiders program?

I will always recommend avoiding being on the Insiders rings if you use a wheel of any kind. There's been a few occasions in the past where those builds have broken wheel support.

@Imprada we'll investigate this and let you know.

Last edited:
Double checked - no issues with Mac OS detecting the Pro Wheel, so I'm definitely a little stumped as to what's going on here. Does it appear in the list of USB devices in your System Information screen? You will need to use the PC mode.

@notarjy and anyone else reading, there's no issue with using a USB A to C adapter.

@LOGI_Rich on the UK site at the moment there's a banner that reads "save up to 30% on select items when you customize your racing setup" - I'm going through the "BUILD YOUR RACING EXPERIENCE" page but none of the stuff appears discounted (you just get a free pair of gloves) - am I doing something wrong?

@LOGI_Rich on the UK site at the moment there's a banner that reads "save up to 30% on select items when you customize your racing setup" - I'm going through the "BUILD YOUR RACING EXPERIENCE" page but none of the stuff appears discounted (you just get a free pair of gloves) - am I doing something wrong?
I never did get my “free” pair of gloves haha. Maybe I needed to buy the pedals and not just the wheel and adapter.

Double checked - no issues with Mac OS detecting the Pro Wheel, so I'm definitely a little stumped as to what's going on here. Does it appear in the list of USB devices in your System Information screen? You will need to use the PC mode.

@notarjy and anyone else reading, there's no issue with using a USB A to C adapter.
I am totally stumped to, and I don’t know any other way I could update the firmware. I also made sure I got my security and privacy settings and input monitoring settings to give Logitech g hub full access, but still nothing

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpeg
    IMG_5317.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
I am totally stumped to, and I don’t know any other way I could update the firmware. I also made sure I got my security and privacy settings and input monitoring settings to give Logitech g hub full access, but still nothing
Not sure if this will help but I was struggling to get my wheel firmware updated until I realized, on the wheel, you have to select it to boot in PC mode or it won’t see the wheel at all. I know LogiRich mentioned that but I think I even read something about PC mode and took me a bit to figure it out. Go in settings on the wheel base itself. Scroll to the bottom I think and it says something like on Start up then choose PC. Then press and hold red button, shut wheel down, hook up to pc and turn the wheel on then go to g hub. Hope that helps

I never did get my “free” pair of gloves haha. Maybe I needed to buy the pedals and not just the wheel and adapter.
I too did not receive my "free" pair of gloves even though I bought the Playstation wheel/base + Pro Pedals at the same time, right at launch. :( What I did receive however is a huge callus on the inside of my right thumb! Lol!

All in all though, my setup has been a dream and have had zero issues with them. (upgraded from Logi G27)

What I did receive however is a huge callus on the inside of my right thumb! Lol!
What I realise now, after torturing my thumbs so much that I had to drive completely without thumbs for some days is:
If your thumbs are folded in, rubbing against the stitching, you are gripping it wrong. I have now learnt to hold my thumbs on the wheel surface that faces you, pointing almost straight up. This is the way.

Back