Logitech G29 settings for GT7

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 172 comments
I have the G29 and to pass the Super License S-10 Gold with a 2:23.8 I used the below settings:

Force feedback torque 8 (although 7 feels ok to me as well)
Force feedback sensitivity 4

If I lower the torque then the wheel just feels dead, apparently 4-5 is the sweet spot and I tried it and it felt crap so for me based on passing arguably the hardest test in the game torque 7-8 was good.

Force feedback sensitivity I had at 6 but there was not enough feedback, I lowered it to 5 and was better right away, lowered it to 4 and was better again and I passed S-10 with Gold. So I've decided that's the best spot.

Update: After a bit more playing around I think I've settled on feedback torque of 6 and feedback sensitivity as 4 as probably the best all round however it will possibly depend a bit on the car and the track.

Last edited:
I'm going to do some quasi science experiments to see if changing the controller sensitivity does anything. I don't think it does anything for the wheel because well, it's not a controller. Just the same as my wheel sensitivity would have no bearing on the controller. I just see so much information that's probably false or at best placebo effects. I'll do it with wheel and controller on with all the variations I can think of and then only with the wheel on. I usually turn my dualshock off while playing though. Should be easy to see in an open wheel car when you turn the wheel and are stationary. The settings I use are FFB 3 and Sensitivity 1 for more detailed steering inputs. I'll check the vibration on controller which again I'm pretty sure has zero effect because again its not a controller. Wish me luck in my research.
So? How'd it go? Saves me doing it :lol:

Does anyone know if it's worth getting a load cell for the brake pedal? And if so how easy is it to fit?

Does anyone know if it's worth getting a load cell for the brake pedal? And if so how easy is it to fit?
I use the Truebrake by AXC sim

A quality piece of CNC machined aluminum. Its not a load cell though. It mimics one and it does a really good job at it. Money well spent

edit: Very simple to fit. Easy to follow instructions in print form / Youtube tutorials

Last edited:
I use the Truebrake by AXC sim

A quality piece of CNC machined aluminum. Its not a load cell though. It mimics one and it does a really good job at it. Money well spent

edit: Very simple to fit. Easy to follow instructions in print form / Youtube tutorials
Thank you! Looks like a quality product I think I'll do that

How does that mod compare to the logitech pro pedals? I'm not expecting a 400 euros pedals to be the same as this mod, but is it worth buying the mod or just save for the pedals only and the hub to connect them to a g29?

How does that mod compare to the logitech pro pedals? I'm not expecting a 400 euros pedals to be the same as this mod, but is it worth buying the mod or just save for the pedals only and the hub to connect them to a g29?
I am planning to go direct drive soon. If I go the Logitech route, I don't see the need to get the Pro pedals immediately. I will use my G29 pedals/Truebrake with the hub connected to the Logitech DD wheelbase.

This mod really is that good. It will totally transform your G29 experience.

I am doing max torque at 4 and sensitivity at 5. I wish there was official documentation that told us how high we can go without clipping.

Totally not worth it, but it's awesome. I got the Richmotec load cell, but the Truebrake linear pot mod would be equally as good.

Gran Turismo game programming does interesting things with the brake calibration. Most importantly, you need a hard stop, which a load cell does not offer by itself. And neither do most of the "off the shelf" brakes...

What are you guys using post 1.49 update?

I'm using 5 torque and 5 sensitivity because I don't know how I feel about sensitivity right now and I had to raise the torque (I was using 4 before the update).

What are you guys using post 1.49 update?

I'm using 5 torque and 5 sensitivity because I don't know how I feel about sensitivity right now and I had to raise the torque (I was using 4 before the update).
Just turned my torque down from 2 to 1 because it was killer on the dirt tracks post 1.49.
Sensitively 10

3torq/10sens
10torq/1sens

Have been switching between these two. For race cars (especially high downforce) the first, for road cars the second. 10 torque is most likely overkill tbf and wouldn't be surprised if 5-7 was better, still need to mess around with it

Torque 7
Sensitivity 2

A lot more detail/feedback with 1.49, really liking it so far. Previously I was on Sensitivity 1, but the steering weight did get a tad lighter with this update.

My reference is a stock Mazda3 hatch on the Nurb since it is also my car IRL. Sensitivity on 2 adds a bit of heft to the steering similar to the real car without muddying the FFB detail too much and the wheel feeling artificially spongey/stiff. Leaving it on 1 is still fine, but it has a bit too much play/limpness on-center for my taste. Gonna play with torque in the coming days, I’ve been on 7 since the last physics update and I’m pretty content with it. 10 still feels alright but I’m not exactly sure when clipping starts being an issue?

Overall it’s a substantial improvement in FFB detail with the G29 in this update.

Last edited:
prior to the update, I was 4 torque and 1 sensitivity. Felt fine ftmp. After the update, the wheel felt really light...no weight transfer or centering force at all. I bumped the torque up to 5 and that felt a bit better but then I decided to see what the sensitivity might do and I pushed it all the way to the other end of the slider...right to 10. Oddly, that felt great. Seemed to really bring the wheel back to life. Since this morning I've played around with the torque a bit more and now I've settled on 6 for that and then 10 for the sensitivity and I'm pretty pleased. There's a more consistant wheel weight between different cars and I can feel the road really well...

LOGI_RIch suggested similar here... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/trueforce-feedback-after-update-1-49.427772/post-14300473

Last edited:
Settled on 6 torque and 9 sensitivity a number of months ago. Feels OK after 1.49, I guess? Need more seat time with a wider variety of cars before I can appreciate any differences in FFB.

Torque 7
Sensitivity 2

A lot more detail/feedback with 1.49, really liking it so far. Previously I was on Sensitivity 1, but the steering weight did get a tad lighter with this update.

My reference is a stock Mazda3 hatch on the Nurb since it is also my car IRL. Sensitivity on 2 adds a bit of heft to the steering similar to the real car without muddying the FFB detail too much and the wheel feeling artificially spongey/stiff. Leaving it on 1 is still fine, but it has a bit too much play/limpness on-center for my taste. Gonna play with torque in the coming days, I’ve been on 7 since the last physics update and I’m pretty content with it. 10 still feels alright but I’m not exactly sure when clipping starts being an issue?

Overall it’s a substantial improvement in FFB detail with the G29 in this update.
Trying this across a bunch of cars and this is the one imo. Good balance of strength and detail for the G29

My experience with 1.49 and my G29.

Wednesday night I ran off a Tokyo 600 in my "grind" car, '16 Camaro, lightly massaged to 599.78PP, just to remind myself how it drives around Tokyo, since the last run I had there was the GTWS Manu last weekend. Did the usual 27:10+-min run. Torque and Sensitivity at 5/5. Been using that for some time now, after fiddling around with it last winter from 4/6, then 7/2 etc.

Thursday night I jumped in the Camaro and found, much to my disappointment, PD had boosted its PP by almost 20points.:irked: Ok, reshod with SMs, was running with SS for over 100 races at Tokyo, to get it back below the PP limit and grumbled a bit as I took it to Japan again. Bit of a rough start to the effort, with wheel still at 5/5 and the brake pedal travel set at 75.3%, which I've been running at since I discovered that setting sometime last year. Took me 3 restarts to stay clean past the 3rd lap. Finished that run in 27:19, win + CRB. Wheel felt noticeably weaker in Torque and road/traction feedback. Had me wondering if I'd lost power or the wheel had died somehow.

Had been reading most of the comments about the G-Pro, 923 and caught some comments about the 29 here and there and decided to run another Tokyo last night and set the wheel to 7/3. Much better and ran off a 27:11 which is closer to my usual with SS tires. Slept on that and went to work this morning.

Tonight, after reading more comments about settings for the G29, I decided to run my GTWS 'Vette. I had run off some practice laps at Autopolis, pre 1.49 and figured that might be another comparison to have. I was frankly amazed at the feedback I was getting with RS tires and wheel still at 7/3. I could feel the wheel "unload" most of its torque when attempting to turn it while still under heavy braking. Torque, although not what I've come to expect from race cars on soft tires, returned as I let off the brake, and the car turned in unexpectedly sharply. Ran off about 10 laps and was within .5 of my previous best, 1:46.7xx.

After a short break I decided to try the settings recommended by @LOGI_Rich , 10/10, found in this or another thread, I don't recall which, and also changing the brake travel limit to 100%. Turn one went off into the grass. Ok. Not liking the increased pedal travel for full brake power much. I worked with it however, for another 10 laps around Autopolis and did manage to shave about .3 off previous best. What I noticed most about this run however was how the "unload" of the wheel torque under braking and turning was gone. Utterly swamped by the torque. I could no longer feel the loss of steering grip. The wheel just wouldn't lighten up when the fronts started losing traction. The torque was at an acceptable level but I found myself over and under steering into turns and was not nearly as precise aiming the car at turn ins and apexes. It just felt, slow and thick. That 100% on the brake travel wasn't helping anything either.

Another short break and went back, set the brake travel to 80.8%, backed the torque off to 7 and left the sensitivity at 10. Wheel unload when traction lost under braking returned satisfactorily and I ran off a 1:46.071 on RS tires there. Don't know if I'll use the RS during any GTWS runs tomorrow, if I get to do any that is, since, from what I've been reading, an RM no stop may be the way to go with tire degradation changes having made the RS fall off considerably by lap 8 or so.

Overall, after fiddling with settings, I feel the G29 has much better feel now than it did pre 1.49. I don't recall ever feeling the wheel unload like this in any prevous version of the game I've played. I may try an 8/2 or perhaps an 8/8 at some point in the future, if PD doesn't change things again and have us all fishing for "the best" settings once more. I'm a little concerned how it will behave when next I find myself on snow or dirt.

Last edited:
What controller sensitivity do you guys have it s
For me ,pre update, CSS 5, FFT 4, FFS 1.
Only a couple of hours running since update trying CSS 7, FFT 5, FFS 2 seems ok, so far.
Definitely need to retune some cars too, so who knows where the sweet spot is really. More track time needed for sure.

Back