logitech Profiler for PS3

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 20 comments
Wales
Wales
TSR_GTWelsh
Why cant we have software for the PS3 like this is for PC. it gives the wheel (or any other logitech Hardware like joysticks) general settings about FFB power, Center spring force, max steering degrees etc (as some will already know)

and i think with this on PS3 it would greatly enhance the experiance.
Plus the wheel can be ajusted to meet everybodies needs this way (i'm tired and cant spell if anything is wrong haha)

Without this my GTR Evolution game woudn't be quite as good and the turning angle would anoy me because i have it on something like 360 degrees NOT 900.

i know it's only wishing but it does make sence.

+million.

I was totally shocked few days ago, when I tested GT-timetrial in my work with my old DFP. Those FFB's totally was garbage, mostly because there was so much resistance when countersteering. (centering spring I guess) That is so unrealistic, cause when car starts to slide, wheel should want to turn to that direction by itself... not so, that I need to use force to steer and take it back to control.

I have been driving some PC-sims past 9-months, and I am really adapted to FFB's of them, and could not get any joy about GT's FFB now. :(

Can anybody tell, is it better with G25? I dont know should I pack my G25 with me someday when I have nightshift...

PS3 really needs Logitech Profiler add!

Those FFB's totally was garbage, mostly because there was so much resistance when countersteering. (centering spring I guess) That is so unrealistic, cause when car starts to slide, wheel should want to turn to that direction by itself... not so, that I need to use force to steer and take it back to control.

I totally agree with this. This is the exact problem i'm having.
Coming from LFS and drifting - yet in the GT demo i can barely catch the tiniest of slides because it takes to much force to correct it.

Last edited:
Sorry but if you set you're steering angle/rotation to around 360 degrees for tintops, you're just toning down a sim to an arcade racer.

I don't kwow for sure but I do think the rotation on fanatec wheels can be adjusted through the wheel controls (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I do agree however on the fact that there should be some more advanced settings like found in the logitech profiler.
I just came from a year of PC sim racing and the FFB is way better, you can really feel what the car is doing.

Last edited:
No, it's the same with G25. Actually much worse than prologue. One would think if they were making a demo for driving they would at least include what they already have, not to mention further develop it. But, hey it's PD and GT I take back everything I said-IT'S THE GREATEST EVAR!!!

My opinion is, that cause we are talking about 'Real driving simulation', every cars lock'to'lock should change to same what it is in real life too. In iRacing, when you choose 900° from profiler, it dont mean you have that in every car... it only means you have 900° range, and everytime you jump to some car, you actually have same ratio what that car has in real life.

Easy and so clever. No need to find 'best steering setups'... it is what it is in real, and thats ofcourse best.

Same goes to 'centering spring'... there is no any centering spring in real life, so why is it activated in this game?! Where is lightened steering while loosin grip? Why does steering not really hit to your hands while roughly driving on curbs?

Should have never jump out of my sweet GT-illusions to PC-simworld. :(

To me it would add more variables than what's needed. The (full) game will allow you to change and upgrade the setup of the car itself. All you need for the FFB wheel is basically to be supported by the game. Personally, I'd even get rid of the FFB slider (1-10) and make it so that you can have power steering (if you want) or not.

Oddly, both GRID and SHIFT have tonnes of control but it seems to compound the problem with FFB rather than reducing it. When it comes to the wheel, I believe less (not the feedback itself) is more.

This is slightly off topic but does anybody actually know what degree steering the GT demo uses? My DFP is set to 900 degree but the car stops steering after 1 lock?

Last edited:
Thats just where the in car animation stops, If you change views you can see the wheels turn more after the animations have stoped. It should be 900 degrees.

There is an option to reduce the force required to quickly move the wheel, I can't remember what it is, but it's there in the TT Demo. Have you tried the various options for the logitech wheels in the TT Demo? There's a simulation setting as well.

There is an option to reduce the force required to quickly move the wheel, I can't remember what it is, but it's there in the TT Demo. Have you tried the various options for the logitech wheels in the TT Demo? There's a simulation setting as well.

Yep, you have to go to Wheel Settings (its the furthest to the left).

PLay around with those settings until you find it comfortable.

I use FFB 5, power assist off and simulation.

Why cant we have software for the PS3 like this is for PC. it gives the wheel (or any other logitech Hardware like joysticks) general settings about FFB power, Center spring force, max steering degrees etc (as some will already know)

and i think with this on PS3 it would greatly enhance the experiance.
Plus the wheel can be ajusted to meet everybodies needs this way (i'm tired and cant spell if anything is wrong haha)

Without this my GTR Evolution game woudn't be quite as good and the turning angle would anoy me because i have it on something like 360 degrees NOT 900.

i know it's only wishing but it does make sence.

This would be wonderful. Better yet imho, would be to allow us to do it within each game! I guess the game makers are too lazy or too ignorant about the logitech products to allow us to adjust wheel settings with more precision within their game.

Sorry but if you set you're steering angle/rotation to around 360 degrees for tintops, you're just toning down a sim to an arcade racer.

Fact is i can set it to whatever i want, and when racing around in a DBR9 or whatever it was (GT CAR) i very much doubt its steering wheel needs to turn 900 degrees lock to lock, itul probobly be close to half that.

Great idea GTwelsh, it would also make it easier for wheels like the fanatec and g25/7 to be made properly compatible with certain games.

Im lucky that Fanatec turbo S wheel has profiler coded into firmware and you can store multiple rotation, ffb, vibration, etc settings

Fact is i can set it to whatever i want, and when racing around in a DBR9 or whatever it was (GT CAR) i very much doubt its steering wheel needs to turn 900 degrees lock to lock, itul probobly be close to half that.

Yes you can do whatever you want, I wasn't saying that you couldn't :sly:
I was just talking that most of the cars you drive in GTR EVO wouldn't be realistic with 360 degree rotation, but what do I know... you just want it easy and not realistic :dopey:

Off course different cars have different rotation I usually use 400 for open wheelers in netKar PRO myself.

My opinion is, that cause we are talking about 'Real driving simulation', every cars lock'to'lock should change to same what it is in real life too. In iRacing, when you choose 900° from profiler, it dont mean you have that in every car... it only means you have 900° range, and everytime you jump to some car, you actually have same ratio what that car has in real life.

Easy and so clever. No need to find 'best steering setups'... it is what it is in real, and thats ofcourse best.

Same goes to 'centering spring'... there is no any centering spring in real life, so why is it activated in this game?! Where is lightened steering while loosin grip? Why does steering not really hit to your hands while roughly driving on curbs?

Should have never jump out of my sweet GT-illusions to PC-simworld. :(

You are totally right my friend. Centering spring must be fully omitted from GT5 (it is catastrophic for driving on the limit or above) and the steering degree must become udjustable (for example 200, 400, 600, 900 or to be dependable to the car you drive each time - F1=540, WRC=480, stock=500-900, tuned=400-700).

We the fans of GT series really hope for this. Anyone from PD hearing out there?

Marry Christmas to all Christians and happy holiday for anyone else! (1st post from Greece)

I thought there was something funny about the force feedback in the Time Trial. I can't let the wheel unwind like it does in real life and in LFS

I'm glad you guys have noticed and mention this centering spring effect.

I've been racing in iRacing for the past couple of months and when I first drove the 370z it felt completely alien, not the GT I remembered.

I kept over correcting the car. And I'm usually good with car control in every sim.
Kaz said this is almost real. What cars has the dude been driving?!
The steering used to feel smooth, how a modern powered steering car should feel... Physics seem to have improved heaps, too bad about a little thing that puts it all to waste..

Back