Mercedes-AMG Launches Multiplatform “Virtual Championship”, Starting Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 129 comments
I find it a bit wierd that if you get accepted to race in the AMG VC and want to use your own livery, that you have to share it as public and editable with your real first name and surname as the title, yet on ACC and iRacing you just send a copy 🤔

Not sure how I feel about that as it's a cross platform championship, and I know your name will be public on the race, but sharing it across the GT7 showcase and people then also being able to use your 'team'/'personal' racing livery that you usually only use personally for people to notice that it is you, is a bit unfair, unless you make a specific one just for this race, but where is the fun in that, plus other people can download the livery that has your name on it.

I'm not really a social butterfly on the Internet, I don't have social media accounts so it doesn't quite sit right with me.

Why do we have to be public on GT7 but not on ACC and iRacing

Last edited:
I am kinda looking forward to trying this, try to be consistent with an AMG, hmmm, lets give it a go!

In that vain.. AMG stands for All Money Gone!!

Slight shame the livery is an issue.I love to use custom liverys in races all the time.

I don't care about being DQ'd from the event so I played GT7 first. I only did 4 laps and managed bronze (.1 seconds out of silver.) Top times for GT7 are 1:19.xxx. I'm seeing 1:21.xxx on ACC for top times. Nobody in the 1:20's. I'm extremely rusty in ACC and the FFB is so much stronger and detailed. I still couldn't get under 1:26 though. I usually run my F1 wheel but didn't feel like changing it out.

I've never driven or been to Laguna, but the difference in the track between the 2 games is insane. Who has been there and played both games? Which one is more accurate?

I don't care about being DQ'd from the event so I played GT7 first. I only did 4 laps and managed bronze (.1 seconds out of silver.) Top times for GT7 are 1:19.xxx. I'm seeing 1:21.xxx on ACC for top times. Nobody in the 1:20's. I'm extremely rusty in ACC and the FFB is so much stronger and detailed. I still couldn't get under 1:26 though. I usually run my F1 wheel but didn't feel like changing it out.

I've never driven or been to Laguna, but the difference in the track between the 2 games is insane. Who has been there and played both games? Which one is more accurate?
I've raced there IRL but never got the ACC DLC, what are the differences?

I've raced there IRL but never got the ACC DLC, what are the differences?

Width of the track feels different. More narrow on ACC. Approaching corners, especially the corkscrew is much more challenging in ACC. It could also be the FOV and cockpit seating position between the each game. I use VR for both. In GT7, it feels like the car sits higher up and isn’t as wide on the track.

Oh, this is interesting to me... I just started dabbling in ACC recently on PS5. In GT7 I can drive a low 2:19 at spa in the audi evo, but in ACC using the audi evo II, I can only manage something like 2:22 or 23 (? can't remember exactly). I figured I was just a newbie to acc's physics. Plus, the cars could be bop'd different, or the tire compounds might be very different. And, I'm not exactly a top-split driver. But I've assumed so far that the pro drivers would be able to put in comparable times in the various sims.

I'll watch those times in this event with great curiousity. And maybe (maybe) feel better about how horribly, laughably slow I seem to be in ACC,

Oh, this is interesting to me... I just started dabbling in ACC recently on PS5. In GT7 I can drive a low 2:19 at spa in the audi evo, but in ACC using the audi evo II, I can only manage something like 2:22 or 23 (? can't remember exactly). I figured I was just a newbie to acc's physics. Plus, the cars could be bop'd different, or the tire compounds might be very different. And, I'm not exactly a top-split driver. But I've assumed so far that the pro drivers would be able to put in comparable times in the various sims.

I'll watch those times in this event with great curiousity. And maybe (maybe) feel better about how horribly, laughably slow I seem to be in ACC,

GT7 is a more forgiving Sim than ACC. The FFB on a wheel is much smoother compared to ACC, but not nearly as detailed or refined. I’m actually faster on a lot of tracks in ACC compared to GT7, but that could just be due to hours played. I’ve got around 800 hours into ACC and less than 200 in GT7.

I can imagine that they won't want ham-handed muppets in it, so while they say "raffle" they may not mean "equally weighted random pick" :lol:
So I guess I should skip this one. Seriously, if anything, my timidity against live opponents is even worse than my lack of speed.

Form some I've seen up to now they look pretty similar, around 1:20 - 1:22 seems to be the region people are in.

There seems to be more low 1:20s on ACC and iRacing compared to GT7 though.
Is there an aggregated posting of all 3 platforms timesheets online somewhere?

Is there an aggregated posting of all 3 platforms timesheets online somewhere?
I don't think there's a combined one and I think the only results that will be posted on one page for all 3 will be from the races otherwise the list would be huge

hi

To participate, drivers of at least 16 years of age must set minimum one valid hot lap on WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca between August 14th and August 30th, 2024. Drivers can only take part in the hot laps using either iRacing, Gran Turismo 7 or Assetto Corsa Competizione.

image.media6.responsive_zoom_image_1_1.1720615786486.png

Form some I've seen up to now they look pretty similar, around 1:20 - 1:22 seems to be the region people are in.

There seems to be more low 1:20s on ACC and iRacing compared to GT7 though.
I'd expect GT to be a bit slower because it's running Gr.3 BoP in the time trial, which puts it at ~500BHP whereas ACC/iRacing both put GT3s at around 550 if I recall correctly.

ZEE
Well I gave this an early shot and got an ok time, those damn suasges are bouncing the car around like a crazy mfer...

Bronzing on a 1:23 time.

More to improve for sure!!!

View attachment 1381485View attachment 1381484
I don't think I'm going to attempt to do a faster lap (currently bronze as well) in GT7 with this challenge. Since the update, my wheel FFB seems way too light for the updated physics.

I'm gonna switch to ACC and see how much faster I can get.

I can imagine that they won't want ham-handed muppets in it, so while they say "raffle" they may not mean "equally weighted random pick" :lol:
From the sign up process, having to download and use whatever discord is, and going through the set of questions, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow all the "random ballot picks" all have thousands of Instagram followers.

Yes I'm synical but I'm fairly certain that's how it'll work, randomly of course. I'm not giving out my (private, real life people only) Instagram, don't have any other social media, therefore I'm probably persona non grata in terms of these sort of marketing campaigns!

Let's say I'm not holding my hopes up on this one!

Does anyone knows where to see leaderboards for AMG challenge, except in the game? I am playing it on GT7 and see GT7 times in game, I am curious what are lap times on iRacing and ACC too?

Last edited:
Does anyone knows where to see leaderboards for AMG challenge, except in the game? I am playing it on GT7 and see GT7 times in game, I am curious what are lap times on iRacing and ACC too?
After playing ACC last night, the fastest time was a low 1:21. I managed to pull a 1:23:85 and am currently #76 in the leaderboard. Going off of that information, not a lot of people are playing ACC or competing in the challenge.

I still have an active iRacing membership until the end of the year, so I figured "what the hell" and tried the challenge there. Out of the 3, it's by far the most realistic and fun. The VR experience was light years ahead of ACC. The issue with iRacing is that the AMG is a DLC car. So you have to spend ~11 dollars if you want to participate. Here are the top times so far.

iRacing - 1:21.852
I'm currently #184 with a laughable 1:25.393. It's so much more difficult to race than ACC and GT7, but by far the most enjoyable.

ACC - 1:20.945
I lost 20 positions just over night. I'm #95 with a 1:23.850

Last edited:
I don't know, something definitely just feels "off" about this Merc around Laguna. For being a Gr3 car on RS tires it feels like it slips and slides and under steers alot more than it should. Just going to be happy with a silver on this one :D

I still have an active iRacing membership until the end of the year, so I figured "what the hell" and tried the challenge there. Out of the 3, it's by far the most realistic and fun. The VR experience was light years ahead of ACC. The issue with iRacing is that the AMG is a DLC car. So you have to spend ~11 dollars if you want to participate. Here are the top times so far.

I'm currently #184 with a laughable 1:25.393. It's so much more difficult to race than ACC and GT7, but by far the most enjoyable.

Which wheels and pedals you use?

I only logged in briefly to test the waters in this one, but IIRC the BoP is way below the standard GR3 levels. I think it was something like half the stock horsepower, I can't check currently because I'm at work.

That definitely throws a spanner in the works if true.

what made the 1:25.393 the most enjoyable, more time to take in the scenery?

Also if you have a chance, try the DD+, the hacky adapter mess/drive hub needed for the DD1 and DD2 ( That's what I started with ) greatly diminish things. The DD+ with GT7 is truly the best FFB going, highest response rate and consistency and it's head and shoulders above the rest.

Back