Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,055 comments
There are a few cars that have become bugged by the new physics, with proof, so it all depends on what cars you struggle with.
Almost all that are very fast with a RWD. Also some won't brake in a straight line until I change setups.

Dunno what's going on but I find the new physics are difficult to be difficult to not spin out at times. Actually quite often.

I got ASM, TCS 3, Anti-Counter at Strong and ABS at Strong... but I still spin out because the cars seem to outdo themselves much easier with the impression that they seem to outperform their grip capacity.

Before that I would be a very decent driver. Now I'm mister Spinout.

Don't get me wrong though. I love the new physics but the stability is confusing me at times.
Don't know if this applies to you, but I found that it now actually takes time for tires to develop their full grip and the difference between cold and hot tires is now way more pronounced.

It also seems to me that when you cook your tires (by spinning for example) it takes some time for them to cool down again.

TC is a bit weird to me now. It seems too aggressive in medium and fast corners, but too weak in slow corners.
Don't know if that's more realistic or not.

My opinion on the new physics keeps changing. I think GR3 and GR4 are brilliant now, GR2 and especially GR1 are now boring and road cars are not fun anymore.

What's for certain is that the game has never felt better through my wheel.

Overall I'm still torn, but leaning towards liking where they are going even though I think they are not fully there yet.

Last edited:
I just did two of the Hot Laps. Bronze is the highest I can get as my driving skills may not be the best but I'm trying to do the best I can.

Mercedes-AMG Virtual Championship Hot Lap:

Mount Panaroma Hot Lap:

I hope you enjoy these; I recommend you all to leave a like, comment, & subscribe to the channel if you haven't already.

Something has dawned on me. GT7 has several homologation specials from the Group A era, but almost none from the Group B era aside from the Ferrari GTO and Porsche 959. We’re overdue for the Audi Sport quattro, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16, Lancia 037 Stradale, Lancia Delta S4, Ford RS200, Nissan 240RS, etc. PD really needs to start giving more attention to peak 1980s road cars.

I also upload two YouTube shorts as well; I suggest that you guys check out these shorts that I snipped from my latest two videos.

Mount Panorama Lap Time Challenge taking the hardest corner:

Mercedes-AMG Motorsports Virtual Championship going down the corkscrew:

To be honest there, I enjoy doing online time trials just as much as the rest of you.

Last edited:
I just uploaded a video & the short removed from it today; recorded August 10th, 2024. This was when I used my NSX Type R '02 with all upgrades.

Gameplay footage

Remixed short:

I'll preface this post by saying, that, my intention with this post, isn't to create an argument about which game is better, which console is better or anything, it's simply to voice my opinion with regards to Forza and Gran Turismo.

I played Gran Turismo 7 solid for the best part of a year, from the pre-order launch, I put about 380 hours into it in a relatively short time (I know, amateur numbers compared to some but as a working dad of 2, pretty good). I had my disappointments with the game, many of which I voiced here, lack of single player content, expensive cars, annoying grind mechanics etc. But on the whole I enjoyed my time with the game.

Then Forza Motorsport was announced properly, I was craving Forza Horizon again, and some other Game Pass titles, so I sold my PS5, purchased a Series X and off I went, Forza got delayed yada yada but it was sounding promising, all new career mode, built from the ground up, all new multiplayer etc. Release came and the disappointment was intense, Motorsport focus with no Motorsports in the very narrow minded career mode, lack of circuits, boring car list, time limited events (a problem for the working dad of 2 part). Gave it a good shot and plenty of updates to see if it could come good and unfortunately it just doesn't do anything for me. 25+ hours of gameplay, nothing kept me going back like it did with GT7.

A few months away from the anniversary of it's release, I decided enough was enough, sold the Series X and its ever escalating Game Pass pricing, and bought a PS5 again. Reinstalled Gran Turismo 7 immediately, and wow.

Sometimes in life, you don't know what you have until you haven't had it for a while. Of course, GT7 has had updates in that time, new physics update recently, new events added etc. But there's just something about Gran Turismo, it has a pull, something that keeps you playing, keeps you going back, can't always put your finger on it, but it has that 'thing'. Sometimes it isn't clear that it has that 'thing' until you have time away from it and explore another option. Gran Turismo 7 is by no means a perfect game, it could be argued it isn't even a top 3 Gran Turismo title, but it has that secret ingredient that makes it irresistible.

I'll preface this post by saying, that, my intention with this post, isn't to create an argument about which game is better, which console is better or anything, it's simply to voice my opinion with regards to Forza and Gran Turismo.

I played Gran Turismo 7 solid for the best part of a year, from the pre-order launch, I put about 380 hours into it in a relatively short time (I know, amateur numbers compared to some but as a working dad of 2, pretty good). I had my disappointments with the game, many of which I voiced here, lack of single player content, expensive cars, annoying grind mechanics etc. But on the whole I enjoyed my time with the game.

Then Forza Motorsport was announced properly, I was craving Forza Horizon again, and some other Game Pass titles, so I sold my PS5, purchased a Series X and off I went, Forza got delayed yada yada but it was sounding promising, all new career mode, built from the ground up, all new multiplayer etc. Release came and the disappointment was intense, Motorsport focus with no Motorsports in the very narrow minded career mode, lack of circuits, boring car list, time limited events (a problem for the working dad of 2 part). Gave it a good shot and plenty of updates to see if it could come good and unfortunately it just doesn't do anything for me. 25+ hours of gameplay, nothing kept me going back like it did with GT7.

A few months away from the anniversary of it's release, I decided enough was enough, sold the Series X and its ever escalating Game Pass pricing, and bought a PS5 again. Reinstalled Gran Turismo 7 immediately, and wow.

Sometimes in life, you don't know what you have until you haven't had it for a while. Of course, GT7 has had updates in that time, new physics update recently, new events added etc. But there's just something about Gran Turismo, it has a pull, something that keeps you playing, keeps you going back, can't always put your finger on it, but it has that 'thing'. Sometimes it isn't clear that it has that 'thing' until you have time away from it and explore another option. Gran Turismo 7 is by no means a perfect game, it could be argued it isn't even a top 3 Gran Turismo title, but it has that secret ingredient that makes it irresistible.
For all its faults... Gran Turismo still remains unbeatable in the 'feel' department. I find especially with the haptic feedback on PS5, even without PSVR2, it's an astonishing immersive experience and the thing that pulls me back into the driver's seat again and again.

Maybe we be back with silhouttes next weekend. I would still imagine that pd and Sony have something bigger planned for Tokyo game show and live events at Tokyo would be perfect time to reveal something for major update for possibly november.

I'd put GT7 in my top 3 Gran Turismo titles but apart from that, I feel the exact same way as you do. GT7 is unique in the racing game space in that it has a distinctly Japanese flavour with all these funny little bits and pieces that many Western games are too scared to put in. Forza Motorsport just feels dull and BORING, so I've ditched it completely. However I haven't sold my Xbox because of Forza Horizon 5, which is a great game to screw around in.

Maybe we be back with silhouttes next weekend. I would still imagine that pd and Sony have something bigger planned for Tokyo game show and live events at Tokyo would be perfect time to reveal something for major update for possibly november.
Tokyo live event date (September 28) is way too late for them to announce an update unless they push it to October, provided they didn't do an update before the event. (Announcing an update too close after the release of one doesn't seem like something they do - the reason they didn't do it at Prague.)

For me, at least, it's because it's clearly made by a team that wants to tell the world about cars and preserve their history - it's a game where the cars are the main characters rather than the driver. It's why the modelling is so obsessive; why there's a giant mode dedicated to taking pictures of them and showing them off; why every nook and cranny of the game insists on telling you about them - whether it's pre-race opponents telling you about their cars, to the giant car Pokédex with all the information you could ever want, to even the attract screens telling you about cars that aren't even in the game.

There's clear and obvious passion there that shines through even in its imperfections. It's why there's such hot debate about what cars get added here compared to other games - it feels like it means something to the creators to put a car in the game. It's also why, when PD trip up it's generally the more motorsport-y aspects that make them stumble, as that's less of the core theme of the game.

All the successful games in the genre have that main idea, that defining fulcrum that everything else is built around - iRacing is a game about motorsport and doesn't concern itself with anything else. ACC is a game about the GT3 class. Automobilista is a game about Brazilian racing (and IMO has hurt itself by expanding into the same territory other games and diluting its USP). Assetto Corsa is now about giving the users freedom of what they want to drive and how via mods. I'd go as far as to say this is a large part of why FM is underwhelming - it feels like the design conversation surrounding it was "we need to make a Forza game" rather than "we need to create a game about <XYZ>".

Tokyo live event date (September 28) is way too late for them to announce an update unless they push it to October, provided they didn't do an update before the event. (Announcing an update too close after the release of one doesn't seem like something they do - the reason they didn't do it at Prague.)
I mean they might reveal what would come for november update like the ps5 pro update on either the Tokyo live event or Tokyo gameshow. Not for september update because that would be to late for that, i am pretty sure they have something bigger planned around October/November mark. And maybe 2 smaller updates for August and September and nothing for December most likely just like last year.

Made a present for gtplanet.:)

@Famine I added your famous purple letters.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20240821211327.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240821211351.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240821211126.png

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Supra Gr.4 we have isn't a GT4, but rather a slightly modified road car that raced at the Nürburgring 24 Hours. Hence the road car interior.
The GR Supra Gr.4 in the game is classified as a SP8T as a unhomologated modified production car, and (for lack of pictures I know) does seem to have a race interior (but different from the final GR Supra GT4, I think):
1724327009355.png

I still think that they could get away with installing GT Auto roll cages on the car for now.

The GR Supra Gr.4 in the game is classified as a SP8T as a unhomologated modified production car, and (for lack of pictures I know) does seem to have a race interior (but different from the final GR Supra GT4, I think):
View attachment 1383095

I still think that they could get away with installing GT Auto roll cages on the car for now.

On that note, I wonder what other SP8 (and SP8T) cars could join Gr.4? Could that famed Lexus LFA that raced at the N24 be one of them?

EDIT: Looks like it is! Definitely would love to see the 2010 version of the N24-spec LFA - that’s the one that won in its class.

Last edited:
On that note, I wonder what other SP8 (and SP8T) cars could join Gr.4? Could that famed Lexus LFA that raced at the N24 be one of them?

EDIT: Looks like it is! Definitely would love to see the 2010 version of the N24-spec LFA - that’s the one that won in its class.
SP8T LFA (and R35 GT-R from the PS3-era games) has the same problem of being too powerful for Gr.4 but not technically advanced enough for Gr.3 (on top of R35 GT-R's drivetrain) - the same as R32 GT-R Gr.A.

SP8T is also the category the Super GT/Jimmy Broadbent M4 GT4 has been in this year, which is a car you'd think PD would be interested in given their close links to those two.

SP8T LFA (and R35 GT-R from the PS3-era games) has the same problem of being too powerful for Gr.4 but not technically advanced enough for Gr.3 (on top of R35 GT-R's drivetrain) - the same as R32 GT-R Gr.A.

I don’t think that’s something BoP can’t fix - just look at how they got the Toyota Celica WRC into Gr.B, or the TS020 into Gr.2.

I don’t think that’s something BoP can’t fix - just look at how they got the Toyota Celica WRC into Gr.B, or the TS020 into Gr.2.
And yet it would be no better if they put this in GR.1 because the class itself is even more unbalanced, making this and potential future LMP900 additions in a far competitive disadvantage.

Back