Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,111 comments
Can someone PLEASE tell me we i have to grind 3 races all the time to get enough money to get some legendary cars?

I dont mind grinding but give me more options! Every track pp800 race samen time/money would be nice.....

Or do i miss something here?

Bought my first 20mil car this week and now i want the Porsche GT1 but i need 15 miljoen again.....

Can someone PLEASE tell me we i have to grind 3 races all the time to get enough money to get some legendary cars?

I dont mind grinding but give me more options! Every track pp800 race samen time/money would be nice.....

Bought my first 20mil car this week and now i want the Porsche GT1 but i need 15 miljoen again.....

Circuit experiences are damn good money makers.

You are missing something.
If you play it clever you can vary enough between the various money earning options: menus, missions, CE, license tests, time trials, weekly challenges combined with a modest amount of grinding the big four races. Don't grind mindlessly, it will bore you out.

Yeah, pretty much.

That's the most efficient way, but it's not something you have to do. Aside from the notes above, with Circuit Experience offering around 50m, if you've got more patience on filling your garage there's 2m a week available from Time Trials (and sometimes more; there's three additional ones until the end of the month) as well as an average of 1.4m in credits and bonus rewards (which can include Six-Star Car tickets that give you cars - including Invitation cars - up to ~4m in value; selling duplicates can be fairly lucrative) from Weekly Challenges. That adds up to about 170m a year now.

If you have PS+ there's also the various online seasons which can give you ~3m a season without much trouble; so few people even enter two races that you can get a top ranking in your league just by doing that. Although there's only about 3-4 seasons a year in each championship so that's only about another 20m a year.

While the Daily Marathon roulette tickets are much derided, I've found that they're worth a bit over a million a month on average, if you can get one every day. That's about 12m a year.

You only really "need" to grind if you have to get a couple of million credits right now for a car that's about to go out of Legends Cars. But it'll be back in three months, by which time you could naturally collect ~20m credits from the above methods (excluding CE).

Well thats a nice story
Not... really, no.
Well thats a nice story but first i am not good enough to get gold apparently second i have a life, second i have work.
So do I, but thanks for the implication that I (and anyone else who gets a time trial gold) don't.
The way people still defending this problem is so strange for me.
Nobody's defending it, only helping you out. I probably won't make that mistake again.

If you don't actually want help and just want to berate other people for helping, why did you even post? Ridiculous behaviour.

I think I’m gonna bite the bullet on buying my first Porsche 911 GT1 Street, even if it’s currently available in blue and not the silver or white that I would’ve preferred. However, I do think it’d look especially good in the more modern Porsche factory color of Ultraviolet, and even more so on an aftermarket center-lock wheel. I’m mostly imagining a BBS wheel, but those new Pokal weeks look great, too.
I put BBS LM's on my GT1 along with a subtle drop. It felt slightly sacrilegious but ended up looking great

Also is it strange on a forum to ask a opinion about this? Its ridiculous thats it called redicilous. Just relax already Jezus.....
No, it's ridiculous to insult people and make up things that they didn't say.
So because its something negative about this game we cant discuss it anymore because it is what it is what it is?
Again, where did anybody say that?

Nobody did, just like nobody defended the game economy (I've literally written an article about how poor it is) - but you acted like they had in their helpful responses to you to find other ways of making money in the game effectively.

And Englisch is not my best to talk so it sound a bid hard what i type but thats because i do not always have the right words.
Yeah, I think saying you can't get gold in CE/TT because you "have a life" is pretty transparent in any language.

Stop making things up, and stop insulting people.

Edit: Yeah, and I'm not giving translational benefit of the doubt to someone who's straight up making up things that don't appear in the replies either.

Edit: Nor one who continues to make things up and behave abusively to escalate it rather than anything sensible. And already has form on all of the above. Dismal.

Edit: Lol, next-level disingenuous:

Ban me, i dont care...
But yeah i am getting a ban again now because thats how it goes here

Last edited:
I still don't get why owning (almost) all cars is a matter to casual players. It's the least interesting goal of the game (it isn't even one).

My most fun accounts are the ones where i only have the cars in the garage i really drive. Mostly between 50 and 100 cars that aren't even that expensive.

I still don't get why owning (almost) all cars is a matter to casual players. It's the least interesting goal of the game (it isn't even one).

My most fun accounts are the ones where i only have the cars in the garage i really drive. Mostly between 50 and 100 cars that aren't even that expensive.
Same. I'd rather have a curated garage, just for use in the career and sport modes.

While accurate, there is a whole-ass page in your garage showing how many (and what) cars you've collected, and it's logged in a part of the... more recently added progress page.

It's not unreasonable for completionists to want to complete it. And it shouldn't really be a second job to do it.

Edit: I've still got four cars to go myself, but as I only left Gr3/Gr4 cars for myself, it's just a case of one more TT gold when I can be bothered.

Edit: Hah, don't even need to do that. Just got 1.4m for my Toyota GT Cup ranking and I don't even remember doing a race...

Last edited:
While accurate, there is a whole-ass page in your garage showing how many (and what) cars you've collected, and it's logged in a part of the... more recently added progress page.

It's not unreasonable for completionists to want to complete it. And it shouldn't really be a second job to do it.

Edit: I've still got four cars to go myself, but as I only left Gr3/Gr4 cars for myself, it's just a case of one more TT gold when I can be bothered.
You are probably right.

Generally i don't get completionists at all, i guess.

Silhouettes turning up after the weekend is becoming the norm - last update didn't have any because of the live reveal, the update before posted them on the Monday, the update before that posted them the day before on the Wednesday (and after the trailer got leaked by one of the regional PS social medias).

I think the maintenance notice is probably the better weather vane now, we should get that tomorrow or Tuesday; if that doesn't show up then assume no update.

Silhouettes turning up after the weekend is becoming the norm - last update didn't have any because of the live reveal, the update before posted them on the Monday, the update before that posted them the day before on the Wednesday (and after the trailer got leaked by one of the regional PS social medias).

I think the maintenance notice is probably the better weather vane now, we should get that tomorrow or Tuesday; if that doesn't show up then assume no update.
I 100% agree no reason to panic just yet.

I personally don't think an update is on the cards for this month. Who knows, maybe they'll announce the next update at the Tokyo event on the 28th Sep and then stretch out the release for October. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but given the bigger size than usual and timing of 1.49 I'm not sure they'll be rushing into the next update just yet.

Update or no update doesn’t really matter, because GT7 history has shown that the amount of cars released per update roughly correlates to the time passed since the previous update.

August update in the next few days would probably bring three cars, because it’s only been one month since the July update. Stretching the gap to late September would likely result in five-six cars.

That said, I cannot believe it’s only been one month since the July update. It somehow feels like two months ago.

Update or no update doesn’t really matter, because GT7 history has shown that the amount of cars released per update roughly correlates to the time passed since the previous update.

August update in the next few days would probably bring three cars, because it’s only been one month since the July update. Stretching the gap to late September would likely result in five-six cars.

That said, I cannot believe it’s only been one month since the July update. It somehow feels like two months ago.
There were 3 cars updates after a one month break tough.

Well thats a nice story but first i am not good enough to get gold apparently second i have a life, second i have work.

Third.....

I do every weekly try to do every daily grind most races multiple times a week got almost everything gold in track experience (almost) do the time trails on silver.

Patience? Play this game now for 2 years got allot of cars i want to enjoy and tune thats also not free

I only ask why we cant earn the same money from those races on other tracks so playing the game stays fun. Again grinding is fine but doing the same everytime is a bid of a shame i want to race Suzuka and Nordschleife for example and also want to earn money there so ican affort those cars.

The way people still defending this problem is so strange for me. I paid for the game i put ALLOT of time in it and after 2 years of playing the game i still dont have the cars i want....

Not to mention i still never got a Porsche invetation for the Carrera GT....
I am so very sorry that I mistook your post for a genuine call for help. I won't waste my time again if you just want to moan and deride people giving genuine suggestions.

Nothing yet for Kaz twitter, i think we have to wait for tomorrow to see if there is a mainterance notice,

I doubt Kaz would release silhouttes later than this today,

If anything it would in that case be for tomorrow instead

Feel the same. Probably because they skipped June and July update was revealed in early July.
Maybe we even get no update in September.
My guess: There will be another big update in October. Sony most likely will reveal the PS5 Pro in September. GT7 is for sure a title that will benefit from PS5 Pro. So they are gearing everything for October. Perhaps it's even a Spec III update.

Last edited:
Back