Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,111 comments
Question without opening an extra thread:
Does anybody know how much money you have to spend on cars to get to collector level 50 and so be able to sell cars? Let's say you complete the cafe menus and receive the cafe menu cars but barely get any cars from roulette tickets.

Does anybody know how much money you have to spend on cars to get to collector level 50
It's not just about spending money; it's your garage value, and the cars you win add to that too. The figure is 54,450pt, and therefore 54,450,000cr...

... but

and so be able to sell cars?
This unlocks when you complete Cafe Menu Book 39.

Last edited:
It's not just about spending money; it's your garage value, and the cars you win add to that too. The figure is 54,450pt, and therefore 54,450,000cr...
Thanks! And...
... but

This unlocks when you complete Cafe Menu Book 39.

... oh, thanks!

In regards to the Gr.4 Supra:
Yeah for some reason they’ve gone with road car interior(it also mentions that when the survey car was made available in GT Sport). It’s had various changes from the concepts to final customer competition cars.
Going back to GT Sport, the Gr.4 look easiest to perform. The cut-away shows exactly how they’re made.

Some road cars in GT sport, already have rollcages: Mini ‘65, Porsche GT3s, Fugu Z, Renault Gordini, Carrera ‘56. Now, those cars have full interiors. It’s probably possible to add roll cages and PD still keep the stock interior to save remodelling every car.

I posted in the Gr.4 Supra survey about that cars’ interior. The real GT4 Concept had a simplified interior: roll cage, stripped interior, but the dash was stock save for a racing steering wheel. That’s also another option PD could do.

Supra GT4 Concept
View attachment 1084942

Official Supra GT4 Customer car
View attachment 1084943

It’s weird because PD had early access in helping Toyota with the A90, but I’m guessing Toyota were not finalised with the interior with the Nurburgring car and the customer car. Toyota also added better cooling for the customer car with bonnet vents later in 2019.
IMG_5068.jpeg

SP8T LFA (and R35 GT-R from the PS3-era games) has the same problem of being too powerful for Gr.4 but not technically advanced enough for Gr.3 (on top of R35 GT-R's drivetrain) - the same as R32 GT-R Gr.A.
The F1 GTR 1995 without BOP is the fastest Gr.3 car but suffers from not handling the corners as well as the more modern GT3 cars, I imagine something like the Gr.A R3-2 would be the fastest in a straight line but because the aerodynamics aren't as advanced as modern GT4 cars the handling would suffer which could kind of 'balance' it in a way before BOP is applied.

Do you think we will get a update next week?
I'd say no based on vibes and the fact the the last update was a bigger one and I assumed it meant the studio went into a holiday break, but some people "in the know" around here make me think otherwise.

So I say yes. Standard 3 car update.

I agree. 3-4 car update, maybe some more fixes to the suspension physics, a new Scape, then don't expect anything more.

I do wonder if we'll ever get an update that is just "track + cars" again at this point. The last three tracks have all been tied to other announced big features (VR2, Spec II, physics); I just can't tell if that's coincidence or a designed cadence to make those releases as big as possible.

So I was curious about the utilisation of the circuits in GT7 - I think we can all agree that the tracks and layouts are well underutilised!!

I did a quick bit of research and here's what I have found:

There are a total of 118 layouts in game (including reverse variants and the Nurb Tourist layout)
There are a total of 213 events (not including the championships and missions)

Number of Layouts that have 0 races - 37
Number of Layouts that have 1 race - 30
Number of layouts that have 2 races - 14
Number of layouts that have 3 races - 14
Number of layouts that have 4 races - 11
Number of layouts that have 5 races - 4
Number of layouts that have >5 races - 8

They brought back one of the best events to Weekly Challenges again!

Last edited:
Japanese National eSports Festival will not feature GT7 this year.

Identity V, eFootball, Puzzle & Dragons, and Puyo Puyo are the games this year, by the way.
Several months later, looks like GT's involvement in Japan National eSports Championship is still around, billed as a "Special Grand Prix" (i.e. exhibition):

Additional details on GT website (Japanese):

Last edited:
I expect an update this month as well, but a smaller one,
This month i guess we going back to silhouttes, sometime between saturday-monday if we dont have anything by then, i think we might not see an update,

Will be checking kaz twitter reguarly tomorrow.

Quoting myself from a few months back to remind everyone of historical silhouette timings, because I know there's at least one of you already worrying that because there isn't a post yet that we won't get an update...
Because I'm sure there's at least one person out there thinking that Kaz not posting the silhouettes today means there'll be no update, here's a compilation of when he's posted them (day in UTC) to try and assuage that doubt:
  • The Friday before a Thursday update - v1.35, v1.19
  • The Saturday before a Thursday update - v1.44, v1.42, v1.38, v1.34, v1.31, v1.27, v1.21, v1.15
  • The Sunday before a Thursday update - v1.43, v1.40, v1.26, v1.25, v1.20, v1.17
  • The Monday before a Thursday update - v1.48
  • The Tuesday before a Thursday update - v1.32
  • The Wednesday before a Thursday update - v1.46
  • Weird updates that were not on Thursdays - v1.36 (posted over a week in advance; the GR Corolla pre-load and GT movie tie in), v1.29 (posted three days before; the PSVR2 launch), v1.13 (posted one day before; the first content update when they were still in launch mode)
  • No silhouettes posted - v1.49 (trailer revealed at live event; the controversial physics update)

I think I’m gonna bite the bullet on buying my first Porsche 911 GT1 Street, even if it’s currently available in blue and not the silver or white that I would’ve preferred. However, I do think it’d look especially good in the more modern Porsche factory color of Ultraviolet, and even more so on an aftermarket center-lock wheel. I’m mostly imagining a BBS wheel, but those new Pokal weeks look great, too.

EDIT: And while I’m at it, I may as well buy that Honda S2000 that’s currently available. Not only do I think it could look especially good if I repainted it Tahitian Green Pearl, but I also had a spare K24 to swap into it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If there are silhouettes, it should be later in the day, around 1-3pm BST. I checked his twitter and that seems to be the general time he posts them. The days he posts them on however have been inconsistent these past few, so I wouldn't take no news today as confirmation that there will be no update.

Last edited:
Back