Looking for a song?Music 

I've heard that beat on another video, and I want to use it for a video but I can't find it!! :ouch:... Oh, and there's not just one, but two songs using the same beat!

I would make my own thread for music recommendations, but seeing this and the potential threat of warnings makes me a little reluctant.

Is it OK if I just ask here? I'm mainly looking for music that would fit exploring a ''metropolis''.

Anyone got an idea the name of the song starting at 3:40 in this video?

Could be some obscure soundcloud thing, but I wasn't having any luck with my usual methods.

Okay I have been puzzled by this one for quite some time now. I heard it in American Eagle back in April and I heard it again at Walmart on Friday.

I am not sure what the name of it is or who it is by, but it's somewhat fast paced and I think the chorus goes "oooh I love the way you...." and that's really all I was able to understand. Done some searching and haven't had any luck. Can somebody help me out here?
Well, after nearly 5 years, I finally heard it again yesterday and was able to find out more this time. Whatever this song is, the chorus goes “Do I want your love“ and then he says something very brief immediately after I couldn’t quite understand, followed by “If I need your love”. I think it repeats a few times and ends with “Do I, Do I, now”.

I am not extremely certain about that 2nd part, but I can confirm those are the lyrics for the for the first one. Much like I described it before, it’s somewhat fast paced and done by a male singer.
I hope maybe I will hear it again soon and then I can record a video of it because this is proving to be a pretty hard one
And of course, I stuck to my word and got at least 3 short videos of it playing. However, unfortunately I am on vacation and not anywhere near a PC for me to extract the audio and amplify it in Audacity so y’all can hear it more easily. Once I am though, I’ll make an unlisted video on YouTube in hopes maybe this will help.

Naturally, I have already done a lot of research on it and still cannot find anything on it. Closest thing I can find was this, but sadly googling it yielded nothing for me to confirm it, besides that page. I fear theirs so many that match it’s description, Google doesn’t truly know what I’m looking for. I sincerely hope someone has an answer for this because I love this song and cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

Last edited:
Well, after nearly 5 years, I finally heard it again yesterday and was able to find out more this time. Whatever this song is, the chorus goes “Do I want your love“ and then he says something very brief immediately after I couldn’t quite understand, followed by “Do I need your love”. I think it repeats a few times and ends with “Do I, Do I, now”.

I am not extremely certain about that 2nd part, but I can confirm those are the lyrics for the for the first one. Much like I described it before, it’s somewhat fast paced and done by a male singer.

And of course, I stuck to my word and got at least 3 short videos of it playing. However, unfortunately I am on vacation and not anywhere near a PC for me to extract the audio and amplify it in Audacity so y’all can hear it more easily. Once I am though, I’ll make an unlisted video on YouTube in hopes maybe this will help.

Naturally, I have already done a lot of research on it and still cannot find anything on it. Closest thing I can find was this, but sadly googling it yielded nothing for me to confirm it, besides that page. I fear theirs so many that match it’s description, Google doesn’t truly know what I’m looking for. I sincerely hope someone has an answer for this because I love this song and cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.
what music genre is it?That would help a lot.

what music genre is it?That would help a lot.
That’s a really good question. I’ve been pondering on it for the last hour, but I think it might be electronic, though I am not too knowledgeable about it, so I could be wrong.

Whoever sings it has a real smooth voice and I think it’s autotuned. I feel like it’s fairly well known and not very obscure given the times I’ve heard it. Yet, it alludes me what it actually is.

Last edited:
Well, now that I am home, I was able to use a program of mine to identify what that song was thanks to the video I recorded, and after 5 years of searching, I FINALLY have the answer! :D

It was this:

I was a little off on the lyrics, but I have listened to it in full and it is a direct match to what I heard. I must say it's not quite what I expected, but it's still pretty good and I am thrilled to finally know what it is!

I heard in a supermarket modern (2020ish) dancepop song with whistle hook sung by male. I really dont follow trends, but it definetly is not I Wanna Go, Whistle, Moves Like Jagger etc its darker and more new.

I heard in a supermarket modern (2020ish) dancepop song with whistle hook sung by male. I really dont follow trends, but it definetly is not I Wanna Go, Whistle, Moves Like Jagger etc its darker and more new.
Maybe it's One Republic - I Ain't Worried from the Top Gun Maveric OST?

Maybe it's One Republic - I Ain't Worried from the Top Gun Maveric OST?

thank you for quick answer but its not that sadly.

I just recalled that whistling is less prominient in chorus, but it definetly starts of with whistle. Also song is more clubby and sadder.

0.00001% chance of anyone getting this but here goes:

I've been after a song for many years now, but sadly have been unable to find it as the tune of it is stuck in my head and almost impossible to translate into text form. Doesn't help i can only remember a couple of lyrics, but not even sure they're right.

It's a group with multiple/backup singers. Sounds early 70's ish, or 60's maybe. Very upbeat type of song. Almost sounds like a slight rock song in the chorus. Pop-rock maybe.

Misheard (or not) lyrics i've searched for are 'Diamond Girl', but that brings up all the wrong songs that sound nothing like this one.

I've done 50 million searches for these lyrics that i think i'm hearing, but again they come up with the wrong songs. It could be a one hit wonder band, and maybe even this song wasn't that much of a hit.

Lyrics (that are likely wrong); (== means words i can't remember well enough - each set of =='s is a seperate unremembered word)

"Every-body, come on down, to == == diamond giiii-rrrl,
(caps cos singing louder) DIAMOND GIRLLL,
== == == ==, == == == == (sounds kinda like: "everybody wants to be - her, everybody wants to see - her")

AAAAAANNNnnnddd that's all i remember. The lead up to, or just the chorus. :indiff:

"Diamond girl" could alternatively be; 'China girl' (no luck), 'hog-seat bar and gri-ll' (unlikely), "heres a thri-ll" (unlikely) etc.

Pretty sure it used to be on an old cassette tape i have, but have listened through them all and can't find it.

0.00001% chance of anyone getting this but here goes:

I've been after a song for many years now, but sadly have been unable to find it as the tune of it is stuck in my head and almost impossible to translate into text form. Doesn't help i can only remember a couple of lyrics, but not even sure they're right.

It's a group with multiple/backup singers. Sounds early 70's ish, or 60's maybe. Very upbeat type of song. Almost sounds like a slight rock song in the chorus. Pop-rock maybe.

Misheard (or not) lyrics i've searched for are 'Diamond Girl', but that brings up all the wrong songs that sound nothing like this one.

I've done 50 million searches for these lyrics that i think i'm hearing, but again they come up with the wrong songs. It could be a one hit wonder band, and maybe even this song wasn't that much of a hit.

Lyrics (that are likely wrong); (== means words i can't remember well enough - each set of =='s is a seperate unremembered word)

"Every-body, come on down, to == == diamond giiii-rrrl,
(caps cos singing louder) DIAMOND GIRLLL,
== == == ==, == == == == (sounds kinda like: "everybody wants to be - her, everybody wants to see - her")

AAAAAANNNnnnddd that's all i remember. The lead up to, or just the chorus. :indiff:

"Diamond girl" could alternatively be; 'China girl' (no luck), 'hog-seat bar and gri-ll' (unlikely), "heres a thri-ll" (unlikely) etc.

Pretty sure it used to be on an old cassette tape i have, but have listened through them all and can't find it.
Is it this?

Similar type of sound/genre but yeah, not that either sadly. Maybe i need to listen to the cassette tapes again, but still think the one with that song on it has gone missing. :(

Back