• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
1zcfrld.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=538

The Lotus Elise World Tour is a racing series for the old 1996 Lotus Elise RM. A lightweight car with the performance to leave Ferraris behind on a track. Easy to use, hard to master. Think you have what it takes to control this housefly?

This Series requires a Teammate. If you do not have a teammate, leave a message with your PSN name and some information about yourself and we will match you up with someone else.

Time:

*This racing series will be held at 3PM GMT on Saturdays.

Driving Aids:

All Driving aids are banned apart from ABS.

Car:

Lotus Elise RM '96
Power: 172BHP
Weight: 645kg
Performance Points: 509

GT Auto:
Racing Modifications
Any Wheels

Tuning Shop:
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

Teams:

*Everyone will be placed into teams of two. Drivers can either enter the series with a teammate, or enter on their own and be put into a team.
*Team members will use the same colour car.

Points System:

The drivers will receive the points for certain finishing position. These points will add up over the season, and the driver with the most points wins the Championship. The points system is as follows:

1st: 25 pts.
2nd. 18 pts.
3rd. 15 pts.
4th. 12pts.
5th. 10pts.
6th. 8pts.
7th. 6pts.
8th. 4pts.
9th. 2pts.
10th. 1pt.

Qualifying:

*We will have three 10 minute long Qualifying sessions before the race, in knock-out fashion.

* Once you have entered qualifying, you are not allowed to exit. If you need new tyres, you finish your lap, pit and continue. If you leave to lounge and rejoin we may suspect you to be illegaly tuning your car.

* When coming in and out of the pits, make sure you stay within the white/yellow lines. Failure to do so may lead to a time penalty.

* If you are on your outlap, inlap or a lap where you have made a mistake, make sure you move when other racers are coming past.

* No stopping on the track is allowed.

* NO Contact is allowed in qualifying, nor is any blocking. Make sure you have a nice gap between you and your fellow competitors so that events like this do not occur.

Warm-Up Lap:

*At the start of a race, the cars will set off at cruise speed (60 - 100 MPH) around the track for one lap.

*Cars will then return to thier respective grid slot, park up and wait for everyone else to return.

*Tyre warming is allowed in the warm-up lap, such as agressively weaving or burnouts.

*Drivers are expected to keep a distance between themselves and everyone else on the Warm-up lap. We do not want any crashes.

*Once the drivers return to thier grid position, they will wait until TeamLotus_Eclat calls a number out. (Example 2:00.000) This means that once the 'Total Time' timer reaches this certain number, the drivers are free to launch thier cars into the race.

*If someone launches too early, even if it is only slightly, they may be subject to a Time Penalty. (Example: 0.1 second early = 5 second penalty)

Racing:

*This is a clean racing series.

* No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed.

*If you hit a driver off of the track or cause them to spin, pull to the side of the circuit to let them through again.

*Nudges and taps are generally accepted in motorsport, however, pushing someone wide to gain a place will earn you a penalty.

* Do not quit the race in anger. It is a long race, anything can happen.

* Backmarkers have the right to the racing line, but they should not defend their position against race leaders.

* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white/yellow lines.

* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.

* If you have suffered due to one of these rules being broken, do NOT talk about it in the chat. Simply file the complaint towards one of the stewards and wait for a decision to be made. We do not want any animosity between racers.

Calender:

Spa Francorchamps: 12 Laps

Nurburgring GP/D: 19 Laps

Cote d'Azur: 18 Laps

Tsukuba Circuit: 31 Laps

Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse: 14 Laps

Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse: 23 Laps

Suzuka Circuit: 13 Laps

Daytona Road Course: 15 Laps

Drivers:

TeamLotus_Eclat/DaxCobra - Fluorescence Green/Yellow - No# 8 - VenoMMotorsport

neljack/neljack - Fluorescence Green/Black - No# 42 - VenoMMotorsport

Carbonox/Carbonox - Orange/White - No# 29 - Speed Master

mattymc96/mattymc1996 - Orange/White - No# 58 - Speed Master

JBF1MSC/JB_Player_1 - Red/Black - No# 23 - RedRockRacing

marunda/FordMKIVJ5 - Red/Blue - No# 1 - RedRockRacing

TeamLotus_Esprit/Drivingforce - White/White - No# 11 - Locust Racing

TeamLotus_Seven/TeamLotus_Seven - White/White - No# 54 - Locust Racing

theirishman1234/SmittMan - - No# 27

GTP_MadMax86/MadMax86 - - - Aftershock Racing

Jay_1086/MiuraSV - Black/Blue - No# 14 - Aftershock Racing

carracerptp/carracerptp - - No# 16

Madbeater/Madbeater99 - Green/Red - No# 99

ade3210/GTP_ADE - Blue/Yellow - No# 44

sagarismic/SagarisGTB - - No# 29

LKWTrailer/RaciGManiac - - No#99

Teams:

VenoMMotorsport
Speed Master
RedRockRacing
Locust Racing
Aftershock Racing

21dfqiq.png

iqbih5.jpg

Last edited:
This Series requires a Teammate. If you do not have a teammate, leave a message with your PSN name and some information about yourself and we will match you up with someone else.

Sign me up- Don't have a team mate- erm... Just pair me up with anyone ;)

PSN: marunda

What are you doing in the way of driving aids? ABS for example? :)

Damn, just remembered I'm already running in the Karts and the Sprint Cup on a Saturday. This looks good but I'll have to give it a miss 👎

Just to let you know I'll be able to give you the number and colour of the car I'll be running by friday evening at the earliest as I won't be able to get on until then. 👍

EDIT- most likely red with blue wheels and number 1 if available

Last edited:
Oops, didn't actually find this thread until now :embarrassed:

I'll sign up as soon as I have tested the car with a positive outcome.

Don't look like that, it was a humane mistake, really :sly:

Give me number 12, it's my birthday and should bring luck.

One can never be too sure before driving the car with proper settings, after all it's a lightweight MR :P

...doesn't mean I couldn't win races with a slower, but better handling car :)

You know, Formula 1 cars are twitchy at low speeds... You're basically saying F1 cars are bad handling.

Anything that oversteers, handles badly in my book. Do you want this thread to instantly turn into an argument? :P

GTP: SmittMan
PSN: theirishman1234
Colour: The Colour of my team mate or if not I'll decide closer to the time.
No.#27

Anything that oversteers, handles badly in my book. Do you want this thread to instantly turn into an argument? :P

Yes, I do.

You basically just said that the Red Bull RB7 handles badly.

Seriously, I'm going to get hurt and you're the one who then pays for my therapy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back