Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

@FoolKiller

Yeah, I am aware that the scores on RT are aggregate data based on the number of positive or negative reviews collected. I don't know the specific algorithms carried out, but I could somewhat infer the basis of the displayed score by noticing the relation between the number above and the labels of the linked reviews below. Say, on May 11, all the reviews for this movie collected on RT had the tomato labels, and the rating displayed was 100%. It's just that Rotten Tomatoes' scores are commonly used by people to determine if a film is really worth watching in the theaters or not, hence why I decided to refer to the number 98%. Actually I was wondering if I really should mention it at the start of my post; I had a feeling that someone would just point out that it's kind of a flaw to rely on RT ratings.

Nevertheless, I usually don't check or rely on Metacritic scores, and I wasn't aware of how they got to their numbers. That's good to know! Sounds like a more reliable representation on how good a movie is.
It's not a flaw to rely on the ratings. Considering how anal some reviewers can be, knowing a widely released and reviewed film was liked by 98% of the reviewers is a huge indicator that it is worth a watch. If you are around 80% you know a chunk were harping on details but the target audience would enjoy it. You get lower and even fans of the kind of movie are beginning to not like it.

If audience scores are off from reviewer scores by a large number then I worry about the actual rating.

Love this shot, it's Nux's car through the broken headlight of the Interceptor

image.jpg

It's from Top Gear :
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/mad-max-fury-road-exclusive-2015-05-29?imageNo=5

I enjoyed it , was good. I didn't get bored through the whole thing and it was actually exciting. Loved the guitar truck haha, I need that behind me going to work.

i think i just found my job if the world turns post apocalyptic :lol:
we could possibly band together all the remaining gtp members that didn't get annihilated in the apocolypse, and have a force to be reckoned with, as in they'd never catch us. Then we can judge eachother's driving based on their main racing sim background, xD that's how I see it would go.

Saw the movie this weekend and I had the most epic movie experience of 2015 :bowdown: It was a blast to watch! Charlize did very well and here caracter was well chosen. The only disappointment I have was Tom Hardy. I still think Mel Gibson would be able , even with age, to take Max to another level. Hardy did a decent job but it is just not a Max.

Saw the movie this weekend and I had the most epic movie experience of 2015 :bowdown: It was a blast to watch! Charlize did very well and here caracter was well chosen. The only disappointment I have was Tom Hardy. I still think Mel Gibson would be able , even with age, to take Max to another level. Hardy did a decent job but it is just not a Max.
I think changing from Mel to Tom is a good idea, i mean if Miller keep using Mel then how will his madness played out ? At the end of Thunderdome we saw him already regain his humanity. With what we saw in Fury Road with Max being that savage then it makes no sense.

Watched the last half hour of Mad Max with my wife. After Jessie gets run over and laying in hospital. I thought, what if Furiousa is Jessie. That would be an amazing back story. Can't remember which arm Furiousa is missing but, what a mind blowing theme. Jessie also lost her leg. I can't recall if Furiousa had any braces on her leg(s).

Now, for another bit of possible back story. What if the Toe Cutter is Immorton Joe? He got run over by a truck. Arms legas everywhere. Didn't necessarily mean he was dead. Afteeall, he was wearing a helmet. :D

I think it would make an interesting tale.

Back