Major League Baseball: 2024 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 248 comments
The man known as "Charlie Hustle", Pete Rose, the MLB all-time hit king and a man famously banned from baseball, has passed away at the age of 83.

October baseball can mean one of two things. Either you are playing the very late stages of the season, or... it's Playoffs time! Every MLB team wishes they can advance to the Playoffs. Now that the Playoffs are here, 30 teams with the same dream have been whittled down to 12. Expanding the Playoff field to 12 means a few more opportunities for teams who have just enough to reach this level. Neither the Texas Rangers nor Arizona Diamondbacks made it to the Postseason. So we will be assured new Champions in the American League, the National League, and with the World Series Championship.

The Wild Card games begin today. Four of the eight teams playing in the Wild Card series may be living out their postseason dreams for only two or three games. Wild Card round winners will advance to the Divisional Series.

Here is a reminder of the Wild Card games:
  • AL WILD CARD 2: #5 KC Royals at #4 BAL Orioles
  • AL WILD CARD 1: #6 DET Tigers at #3 HOU Astros
  • NL WILD CARD 2: #5 ATL Braves at #4 SD Padres
  • NL WILD CARD 1: #6 NYM Mets at #3 MIL Brewers

Enjoy the Postseason!

Me watching the Tigers nearly blow it in the bottom of the 9th:

How I Met Your Mother Omg GIF by Laff

You'd think years of the Tigers doing this to me would've steeled from it, but I guess not.

Mets take game 1 on the short turnaround 8 to 4. They only got hits in the 2nd and 5th innings but scored 3 and 5 runs in those innings respectively. The Brewers did not have a single baserunner after the 4th inning.

Me watching the Tigers nearly blow it in the bottom of the 9th:

How I Met Your Mother Omg GIF by Laff

You'd think years of the Tigers doing this to me would've steeled from it, but I guess not.

Can Skubal pitch every game? You may need him to.
Who cares if his arm falls off afterwards?

Last edited:
Mets take game 1 on the short turnaround 8 to 4. They only got hits in the 2nd and 5th innings but scored 3 and 5 runs in those innings respectively. The Brewers did not have a single baserunner after the 4th inning.
Glad the Mets won. For me the ideal WS would be the Mets vs Yankees with the Yankees winning the whole thing 🤣. Both teams have to do their part though

kjb
Glad the Mets won. For me the ideal WS would be the Mets vs Yankees with the Yankees winning the whole thing 🤣. Both teams have to do their part though
If that World Series happens, the Yankees would HAVE to win the matchup or else they'd consider the season a failure.

Back