Memory card problem when using PS2

After I did some stuff in the simulation mode I tried saving the game, but the PS2 just tells me "Memory card undetected"
I'm playing GT2 on my PS2, and tried saving my game onto a PS2 memory card (why wouldn't a PS2 memory card work) and I've got over 400 kb's left on it, do I need to go and buy a PS1 memory card?

yes, you do. Its one of the only things that can't work on the PS1. Posssibly because the PS1 saved in 'blocks' and the PS2 uses kb

TMM
Why slot 1? I use slot 2 for GT and that works fine.

GT2 won't automatically read from the 2nd memory card slot, no matter which console you are using. However, you can always load or save onto the #2 slot, but it won't auto-load.

pupik
GT2 won't automatically read from the 2nd memory card slot, no matter which console you are using. However, you can always load or save onto the #2 slot, but it won't auto-load.
Yeah for the auto-load to work it needs to be in slot 1, but you can read from a card in slot 2 in both games. I don't use the auto-load option, prefering to load the game manually from slot 2. It also means that I leave my AR2 in slot 1 for loading cheat codes etc.

Back