GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 269 comments
I'm not sure what to predict for August, so here you have the 2 options that are now running in my head.
Option 1: The unpopular one. No update, just a patch to fix the bugged physics.

Option 2: A traditional update.
3 cars:
  • An European sports car (18 Aston Vantage, BMW 2002 or something from Audi's RS family or from AMG) I discarded the Ferrari 812 because we got the Scuderia last month but, who knows...
  • A returning JDM icon (AZ1, R34 Z Tune, Chaser)
  • A racing car from Skoda.
The usual collection of extra menus, a few events, scapes and engine swaps.
About the Škoda, if we get one now, I'd believe I will be a rally car, probably the all conquering Fabia RS Rally2/R5.
I have the feeling that after the world finals at the end of the year Skoda will be announced as a new entrant for the 2025 season, so we'll get racing derivatives from the VGT car in gr3 and gr1 form, I wonder on which car they're basing their gr4...
Don't take this too seriously, it's just what I think and probably I'm wrong, time will tell

A live event next weekend, but it feels to early to reveal next update there but who knows i could be wrong,

I could see something big down the line for ps5 pro update, i could see pd save some of the better cars for that update.

Maybe we see something revealed for that in late september with Tokyo gameshow,

For August its proably just 3 normal cars again, could be more as we got in may with 5 cars.

Going with the normal 3 car update.

2005 Volkswagen Golf GTI - In data mine. Long overdue a VW road car (0 added in GT7’s post launch content). I’d vastly prefer any gen R32 or Golf R but as with the Audi TT, PD Seem unable or unwilling to add the most desirable models of the Golf and TT to the game, sadly.

2007 Mazda Roadster RS - In datamine. Will fill a generation gap.

2013 McLaren P1 - Long overdue a new McLaren road car added to the game (0 added in GT7’s post launch content). My random guess is PD will add the original road legal P1 as the first (maybe only/maybe never, who knows) post launch McLaren road car to GT7.

Last edited:
Do you think we will get a hotfix to sort the physics bug or are they likely to wait until the next update ?.According to the updated issues they are still addressing the livery bug from January.

Do you think we will get a hotfix to sort the physics bug or are they likely to wait until the next update ?.According to the updated issues they are still addressing the livery bug from January.
First time I've heard of this, what is it?

@RACECAR Have a look here, I dont know what it is either, didnt buy the car. Just wondered. 👍

@RACECAR Have a look here, I dont know what it is either, didnt buy the car. Just wondered. 👍
They redistributed the affected cars, now livery bug-free, and urged players to discard the original, bugged ones. They haven't taken it off that page for some reason, however.

Last edited:
I have the feeling that after the world finals at the end of the year Skoda will be announced as a new entrant for the 2025 season, so we'll get racing derivatives from the VGT car in gr3 and gr1 form, I wonder on which car they're basing their gr4...
I don't think there would be one - I think the next time they add a Gr.3 car for a manufacturer who doesn't already have one, whether that is Škoda, Volvo, Bugatti, Alpine or whomever else, that update will also change GTWS rentals to only give a Gr.3 car out and officially make Manufacturers a fully Gr.3-based event. They've been headed that way for a while now.

I don't think there would be one - I think the next time they add a Gr.3 car for a manufacturer who doesn't already have one, whether that is Škoda, Volvo, Bugatti, Alpine or whomever else, that update will also change GTWS rentals to only give a Gr.3 car out and officially make Manufacturers a fully Gr.3-based event. They've been headed that way for a while now.
If that were the case here would be their potential Gr. 3's:

Alpine A110 Gr. 3
Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport Gr. 3
Škoda VGT Gr. 3 (from electric to petrol)
Volvo S60 Gr. 3

My guesses for the August update:
Return of another less known or new brand, a few new races, some 90s GT2 cars.
  • Isuzu 4200R Concept, 1989
  • Isuzu Piazza XE, 1981
  • Lamborghini Diablo GT2, 1998
  • Porsche 911 GT2 Evo, 1997
  • Toyota Celica 1600GT, 1970
Isuzu 4200R Concept 1989.jpg
Isuzu PIAZZA XE 1981.jpg
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 1998.jpg
Porsche 911 [993] GT2 Evo, 1997.jpg
Toyota Celica 1600GT 1970.jpg

Last edited:
If that were the case here would be their potential Gr. 3's:

Alpine A110 Gr. 3
Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport Gr. 3
Škoda VGT Gr. 3 (from electric to petrol)
Volvo S60 Gr. 3
I don't see Skoda VGT as a Gr.3 material. Instead, I think of them giving the Evo/WRX/Atenza Gr.3 treatment to the Octavia or the Fabia (in the latter case, would essentially look like, say, the FL5 GT500).

Not necessarily sure about any GR.3 or GR.4 cars but I can totally see a Sneaky Skoda Fabia Gr.B car knowing how PD love to have references to real cars.

I can only imagine what your taste in cars and tracks is. Does it happen to be the exact things you can already use in ACC?
Comments like this are going to look rather misguided when we discover PD have been stockpiling a **** ton of contemporary race cars for GT8. Hypercars, Super GT, GT3, alongside real world race tracks, are going to be the key selling point for the next edition of GT. At least from a content standpoint - who knows what features they'll introduce.

Yes, we are still getting nice monthly updates with the odd headline worthy gem. But most DLC cars (which are still worthwhile) are making up the numbers, be they the remaining datamined list, or filling out existing product lines.

We can appreciate what PD are delivering while still acknowledging they are holding back in other areas for commercial reasons. Maybe that will change for future editions if PD move to a GAAS and/or paid DLC model.

August update is a bug fix for flying cars.

I wouldn't say no to an R390 GT1 race car and road car. Oh and Motegi.

August update is a bug fix for flying cars.

I wouldn't say no to an R390 GT1 race car and road car. Oh and Motegi.
The first is (likely) coming overnight tonight (early tomorrow morning European time). We'll see if there is a content update this month.

Latest Posts

Back