The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,720 comments
Any idea what's going to happen next week after the current summit ends?

The voting on the custom show is infuriating. Two weeks ago, only one vote for the seven days, but last week I got to vote twice.

Hopefully I can vote at least few more times for the current show. I could use those legend points that come with silver price.

Also hope that I can stay in platinum for the summit prize Impala.

Any idea what's going to happen next week after the current summit ends?

The voting on the custom show is infuriating. Two weeks ago, only one vote for the seven days, but last week I got to vote twice.

Hopefully I can vote at least few more times for the current show. I could use those legend points that come with silver price.

Also hope that I can stay in platinum for the summit prize Impala.
I managed to vote twice so far this week and had four votes last week which i think was me so maybe it's every other day you get a vote :confused:

One thing I didn't know is that Custom Show is not cross-platform. Now while you have to be top 1000 on XBox to get platinum you only need top 5000 on PlayStation. Yet is still easier to get platinum on XBox because there's less players. Less players means your car has more chances to be seen and there are less cars with lots of likes.
Also I knew there are less players on XBox, but I didn't imagine there are 10x more players on PS. I Imagine PC has similar players count as PC.
And I was able to vote myself everyday this week. It's so random.

Self-voting has gone down here. I could self-vote Wednesday and Thursday but ever since it didn’t work anymore. Sitting at 5 votes (2 form self + 3 from others) for days now. Last week with the bikes it was terrible as well, I was gone for several days but only got a single vote from myself.

It’s indeed all very random (and therefore very frustrating).

Self-voting has gone down here. I could self-vote Wednesday and Thursday but ever since it didn’t work anymore. Sitting at 5 votes (2 form self + 3 from others) for days now. Last week with the bikes it was terrible as well, I was gone for several days but only got a single vote from myself.

It’s indeed all very random (and therefore very frustrating).
I feel your pain bro. Since the summer update, the ability to vote yourself has been few, if any, hits and lots and lots of misses.

Currently sitting in 6 votes where two are of my own (surprisingly) and 4 from other players, which means I'll be getting the american flags vanity, but lost the green cloud window tint and underglows from previous shows.

At least the summits are going a bit better, since it seems I will get the Impala. Hopefully the paint/livery can be changed.

Hopefully the summit for the Ringbrothers Charger is similar to current one and not that many players would take part on it.

Also, regarding the crossplay, I'm on PS5 and if I disable the crossplay, I don't get 1 single player for grand race or demoderby.

But enable crossplay and hey presto, most of the players I get are from ps and only few of them pc.

Doesn't matter what region I choose for my crossplay opponents.

I feel your pain bro.
Crocodile tears my friend. He can get plat with a stock car. Meanwhile I'm wasting time on a livery no one cares. 🤣

Anyway for next week show:
*European cars
*Street 1,2 and Hypercars

Edit:
Tomorrow we are getting some really nice cars too 😍

Last edited:
WHEN WHEN WHEN?
87f63743-7a2b-4531-ab04-3ae5a7f9dea0_Thumbnail.PNG

I feel your pain bro. Since the summer update, the ability to vote yourself has been few, if any, hits and lots and lots of misses.

Currently sitting in 6 votes where two are of my own (surprisingly) and 4 from other players, which means I'll be getting the american flags vanity, but lost the green cloud window tint and underglows from previous shows.

At least the summits are going a bit better, since it seems I will get the Impala. Hopefully the paint/livery can be changed.

Hopefully the summit for the Ringbrothers Charger is similar to current one and not that many players would take part on it.

Also, regarding the crossplay, I'm on PS5 and if I disable the crossplay, I don't get 1 single player for grand race or demoderby.

But enable crossplay and hey presto, most of the players I get are from ps and only few of them pc.

Doesn't matter what region I choose for my crossplay opponents.
I don’t have the time to put in the effort for the summits, I just do them all once for the low & mid tier rewards and 9/9 completion. I’m in no hurry to get these special edition cars anyway, I much more prefer the basic car models that have much higher customisation options.

Anyway, a miracle happened and the last few days I could self-vote again and got a few more votes myself, enough to get platinum and the American flags roof top vanity 🥳

@strela I never paint my cars so all my custom show cars have just basic official colours and then vanity items added. 😎

a039c49d-72a8-4a64-b635-bb17c26ce378.png

I don’t have the time to put in the effort for the summits, I just do them all once for the low & mid tier rewards and 9/9 completion. I’m in no hurry to get these special edition cars anyway, I much more prefer the basic car models that have much higher customisation options.

Anyway, a miracle happened and the last few days I could self-vote again and got a few more votes myself, enough to get platinum and the American flags roof top vanity 🥳

@strela I never paint my cars so all my custom show cars have just basic official colours and then vanity items added. 😎

View attachment 1378977

The summit cars in this game have been pretty terrible compared to TC2.

Your Viper was the first car I voted a player I knew. I follow 18 players that play Motorfest and never had a chance to vote for any. And now I'm glad I did it. Not sure you would made it with 8 votes. I barely did it. 😊
Players in 1001-1200 position also had 8 votes. Which isn't fair imo.

45e691e5-c41d-455c-b3f2-01674970f0c9_Thumbnail.PNG

Your Viper was the first car I voted a player I knew. I follow 18 players that play Motorfest and never had a chance to vote for any. And now I'm glad I did it. Not sure you would made it with 8 votes. I barely did it. 😊
Players in 1001-1200 position also had 8 votes. Which isn't fair imo.

45e691e5-c41d-455c-b3f2-01674970f0c9_Thumbnail.PNG
Phew that was close then! Glad you got platinum as well and thanks for the vote 👍😎

I think on an equal amount of votes, it all comes down to who got the score first. but yeah I feel sorry for players at rank 1001 and beyond. 😢

I’m soooo glad we got rid of American themed cars since today, that took a bit long IMO so I’m happy to see European cars on the stage now (and probably Asian next month?)

For this week I put up a green Lambo Egoista, apparently you can get rid of the orange detail completely and go for a green tint instead. 😅

I’ve got a theory on the ability to be able to self-vote or not.

There seems to be a really high chance that I cannot self-vote myself if no other player has voted om my car in between my own votes.

Like this week I started on Wednesday and could vote, that’s 1.
Overnight someone voted for me, that’s 2.
Thursday I could self vote, that’s 3.
No one voted me for after my own vote.
So Friday I could not self vote.
Same again, Saturday I could not self-vote, still 3.
Late Saturday evening, someone gave me a vote, that’s 4.
And today (Sunday morning), I could self vote again, that’s 5. I’m pretty positive I was able to self vote today because someone voted me for me Saturday evening.

I’ve been watching this topic with the above in mind, and it seems to be true most of the time.

I’ve got a theory on the ability to be able to self-vote or not.

There seems to be a really high chance that I cannot self-vote myself if no other player has voted om my car in between my own votes.

Like this week I started on Wednesday and could vote, that’s 1.
Overnight someone voted for me, that’s 2.
Thursday I could self vote, that’s 3.
No one voted me for after my own vote.
So Friday I could not self vote.
Same again, Saturday I could not self-vote, still 3.
Late Saturday evening, someone gave me a vote, that’s 4.
And today (Sunday morning), I could self vote again, that’s 5. I’m pretty positive I was able to self vote today because someone voted me for me Saturday evening.

I’ve been watching this topic with the above in mind, and it seems to be true most of the time.
Sherlock Holmes is on the case :cheers: it does seem likely though but i think this week i could vote once only and have 6 i think 🤔

I am still stuck on 6 votes and haven't been able to vote for 3 days so mystery solved it seems:boggled:
Yeah I ended up at 7 votes total as well and missed out on the platinum reward. Aah well, it didn’t matter that much this week and in hindsight, that was a pretty ugly Egoista I put up anyway. I think I could self-vote only 3 times so I was lucky to get even 4 other votes.

Today starts better with already 1+2 votes so far. Fingers crossed I will get to platinum (with a risky offroad Dodge Charger Mad Edition, but it just looks so bad ass Mad Max style with Monster Truck tyres 😅).

I really hope to get that explorer rooftop though, I’m not much a fan of the silly rooftops so ill gladly aim for the more realistic ones.

Was it just me or was the intro for the new playlist that played upon booting today extremely text-to-speech...
It didn’t sound that much different than other playlists IMO, typical cringe open world arcade racing game stuff that is at least not as bad as Forza Horizon or even worse : Need for Speed.

Having that said, most of the time I enjoy the Motorfest playlists but this one might even be one of my favorites. Off-road is already very underused in this game and the Hawaiian map certainly is capable of it. Some of the new routes are excellent IMO! I absolutely loved the route early on through the water and on some steep hill climb sections with the Land Rover, and later the winding mountain rally path with the Audi ESK WRX car was great fun as well.

As far as the cringe goes, that part with the bear was kinda funny. 😅

Last edited:
It's a bit hard to see the route whilst crashing through all the clutter in hood view (summit events) but the routes are pretty good i wanted more tracks for the motorcross bikes :cheers:

For me it still works 100%. I didn’t get a vote from someone else yesterday so this morning I could also not self vote.

Latest Posts

Back