Mercedes-AMG Launches Multiplatform “Virtual Championship”, Starting Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 110 comments
"The top 28 drivers on each platform will go into the top division, while all other entries will go into a raffle for the 28 spots in the second division"

Seems like a weird way to define the second division drivers!

"The top 28 drivers on each platform will go into the top division, while all other entries will go into a raffle for the 28 spots in the second division"

Seems like a weird way to define the second division drivers!
Yet doesn't wall it off to the usual suspects, which is pretty neat.

And the lower division scores points (at 70% of the rate of the higher division)... so could theoretically win the whole thing if they're consistently good and the top division is inconsistent.

And the top three in the lower division also get a promotion after three races, so they're able to race against the top qualifiers...

Yet doesn't wall it off to the usual suspects, which is pretty neat.

And the lower division scores points (at 70% of the rate of the higher division)... so could theoretically win the whole thing if they're consistently good and the top division is inconsistent.

And the top three in the lower division also get a promotion after three races, so they're able to race against the top qualifiers...
I completely agree that the lower division rules (promotions and relegations) is pretty cool and absolutely opens the door for someone lower down to do really well, but I can imagine the person who sets the 29th fastest time may feel a little hard done by.

It is nice to see a new Championship format though and in principle I'm all for it.

I completely agree that the lower division rules (promotions and relegations) is pretty cool and absolutely opens the door for someone lower down to do really well, but I can imagine the person who sets the 29th fastest time may feel a little hard done by.

It is nice to see a new Championship format though and in principle I'm all for it.
I can imagine that they won't want ham-handed muppets in it, so while they say "raffle" they may not mean "equally weighted random pick" :lol:

Do you have to register through the link in the article or can you do it through the game (like the TGR Cup, Honda TT's, etc.)?

Makes me wonder how likely you're to be picked if you set a silver time. There must be some hidden criteria behind the lottery. Though I don't stand a chance, I threw my name in the pot - a man can dream!

Anyways, the TT is a fun combo to nip around on. Can't remember the last time we had one with RS tyres and GT3s.

I'm happy it's not just a hot lap contest, though it looks like that's all it'll be for the vast majority of people with the limited slots. A pity they can't run pleb races in parallel with the elite ones.

A bit more info from the official website.

Regarding the race 2 format

a gamified version with additional challenges, such as a drive-through option or aggravated weather conditions, for extra points
Drivers can earn bonus points for completing these challenges, but the points can only be counted once per race. This allows for more strategic decisions towards the end of the season.

Time slots might be issues for some people, if the amount of complaints about GT7 GT1 slots is any guide. All evening races Euro time, 7pm to 10pm CEST

Assists:
1. Transmission - AT and MT allowed.
2. Traction control - all numbers allowed.
3. ABS - allowed.
4. Driving line assist - off.
5. Brake indicator - allowed.
6. Braking area - allowed.
7. ASM - off.
8. CSA - off.

You don't have to register anywhere to take part.

Last edited:
I think it pretty cool especially they are doing it across multiple platforms. I'm not sure if I will compete due to the time they have. It looks fun though. Hopefully they have a large enough group of people participating so that they will continue with this

Assists:
3. ABS - allowed.
7. ASM - off.
8. CSA - off.

Weird that brake indicator and area are allowed but driving line is off. I would have thought that braking should be off as well.

I can imagine that they won't want ham-handed muppets in it, so while they say "raffle" they may not mean "equally weighted random pick" :lol:
As a self-proclaimed and proud ham-handed muppet (or is this an insult? I'm not sure?). Either way, this would be okay by me. I think I would be absolutely terrified if I had to race in a very public event.

Assists:
3. ABS - allowed.
7. ASM - off.
8. CSA - off.

Driving lines is in particular locked to markers only - no lines or total removal either.

Very interesting. Other then maybe Mclaren's "World's Fastest Gamer", I can't recall the last time a Manufacturer held a competition across multiple platforms under the same banner.

Will definately get in on this myself, will be a nice and cheap way of getting a feel for this car and can't say no to 2 Million credits.

Last edited:
Well, looks like this could finally be the nudge to fix my wheel and gear stick seens as I have all 3 games 😅

Last edited:
Back