Mercedes-AMG Launches Multiplatform “Virtual Championship”, Starting Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 141 comments
I'm in! Let's gooooo!
Congratulations, I put mine in 10 minutes before uploading the screenshot to here but haven't had anything from them, not sure what time you put yours in if it was first come first serve basis?

FYI my time was a fair bit slower
1000011460.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, without googling, does anyone have a breakdown of ACC and iracing times, or point me to those pages?

@A_Higher_Place and @P-Courty - I hate to break it to you, but a 20.6 at laguna, puts you in Alien cat on ACC/LFM! Well Done!

I've been driving a fair bit of ACC (offline so far), getting used to it, and I'm *very*lucky to hit 105%; which correlates to my almost gold, settle for silver for this event.

@icycls though I appreciate the sentiment, the other two games appeared about 2 seconds slower than GT7 overall.

Official GT7 competitor list is out!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910_120533_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_120533_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240910_120537_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_120537_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240910_120541_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_120541_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240910_120529_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_120529_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 2
@icycls though I appreciate the sentiment, the other two games appeared about 2 seconds slower than GT7 overall.

Official GT7 competitor list is out!
2 seconds slower in ACC than GT7? That actually is about what I see in my own driving at the moment. I can't get my head around whether its tires, bop, or just the physics. But I'm a noob over there.

Still, impressive and cool that you guys are doing this event.

I wonder if I could bother @Tidgney for a two second reply - Do the top drivers put in similar times on ACC and GT7 given same or similar cars? Is GT7 generally "easier"? (as I think gt7 feels easier)

2 seconds slower in ACC than GT7? That actually is about what I see in my own driving at the moment. I can't get my head around whether its tires, bop, or just the physics. But I'm a noob over there.

I wonder if I could bother @Tidgney for a two second reply - Do the top drivers put in similar times on ACC and GT7 given same or similar cars? Is GT7 generally "easier"? (as I think gt7 feels easier)
This TT used RS tires, while ACC has a single compound which is probably closer to RMs, so that's almost a second right there. I also suspect the tires in GT are intended to simulate Super GT tires, i.e. "tire war" R&D prototype tires, while ACC is based on series with control tires that would be significantly slower, maybe another second or more. For the BoP, ACC's BoP is hard to find, but somehow I doubt they take away as much power as GT7 does? It would be nice to see some straight-line tests to compare. And of course, although I think GT7's physics are a lot closer to ACC than they used to be, I think it's still pretty clear that GT7 is still more stable and "easier" to drive overall.

Last edited:

Of course 😊 . My DMs is where I fail at replying 🙈.

So in my opinion ACC is easier to drive than GT7 in terms of Gr.3/GT3 and by quite a margin I would say. But Gr.3 GT and GT3 ACC is different, while they will go for similar pace they will be different. If you meant vs top top drivers I find it easier to get closer to the top in ACC than I do in GT. The issue with ACC is sometimes I'm not sure whether it's setup related or not.

This TT used RS tires, while ACC has a single compound which is probably closer to RMs, so that's almost a second right there. I also suspect the tires in GT are intended to simulate Super GT tires, i.e. "tire war" R&D prototype tires, while ACC is based on series with control tires that would be significantly slower, maybe another second or more. For the BoP, ACC's BoP is hard to find, but somehow I doubt they take away as much power as GT7 does? It would be nice to see some straight-line tests to compare. And of course, although I think GT7's physics are a lot closer to ACC than they used to be, I think it's still pretty clear that GT7 is still more stable and "easier" to drive overall.
I think the other contributing factor would be controller vs wheel and pedals. GT7 makes it very easy to be fast on the controller. iRacing and ACC takes a lot of tweaking, but still achievable.

For tonights 2 races they have.

Sam didn't reply to me last night after the practice sessions or this morning but he replied to you afterwords 😥

So I DM'd race control and they said it's too late to approve and will try to approve it for Brands Hatch instead 😔

Considering I was making it when they announced yesterdays practice sessions I also missed joining a practice too

Last edited:
And I'm in too 😁

Time for that GTPlanet livery as long as it is acceptable to use the logo for this purpose @Famine ?
Congrats to @P-Courty and @A_Higher_Place

Purple colour (@Famine trademark ;) ) and :gtplanet: logo @Jordan .
The oft mentioned "licensing issues" :lol:
That's two licences you need ;)
Well I've posted my livery, lets see if it's accepted, I changed my helmet and suit to match good look @A_Higher_Place

View attachment 1388267

@P-Courty. Let's go! Team GTP representing.

View attachment 1388291
Added some red. Let's go!
Everyone: look at that driving setup
Me: That's a nice china dog
I'm glad this arrived yesterday, just in time 😁 and perfect fit for my tiny space 😅

View attachment 1388332View attachment 1388334

Last edited:
Thank you
Purple colour (@Famine trademark ;) ) and :gtplanet: logo @Jordan .
The oft mentioned "licensing issues" :lol:
That's two licences you need ;)
I would say I don't need a license for now but I have still got the logos on my helmet and suit at least 😁
Everyone: look at that driving setup
Me: That's a nice china dog
It's actually a candle in the shape of a bulldog with sunglasses on 🤣

Got random animal candles around the house 🤣

Shame I can't use my livery for the races tonight 😔 supposedly submitted too late
Yeah it's a shame that those of us who only got invited yesterday aren't able to use a custom livery for todays race, but it's good to hear that they might approve them for Brands Hatch.

Also i noticed that we are in the same division, i look forward to racing you later today.

Back