Mission: Beginner Drifting 2

Worst Mission Ever

• Total voters
I have no interest in drifting. But even that isn't clouding my judgement on this, a complete fluke-gold of a mission which has no relevance to anything and is completely useless to the rest of the game. Absolute garbage.

Does anyone have an easy way of golding this except for just doing it 1000 times and lucking out?

Naaaah, it isn't ;)

since the drift events back in GT6 i was shifting manually, so i thought: it worked for me in GT6. so, no reason to change it...
But after trying it ~20 minutes with disappointing results between 3100 - 3400 pts, i said to myself: why not try automatic transmission once?
And what should i say... 2nd try, easy 4k pts ;)

i prefer the chasing cam to drift bcs you've got a clear view of the movement and where it will go...
when u notice ur car can't keep/stay drifting use handbrake to correct your ankle and continue in transversed driving.

maybe you didnt know so far:
the bigger your drifting ankle = the more flags will appear
and more flags means a higher point multiplier

Hope i could help at least a little bit ;)

I absolutely love the drift missions and drifting in GT7 in general 🤷🏼‍♂️
I totally get ya, and if I gained the skills I'd not be whingeing. I just can't get a grip of it.. or should be can't get the drift of it..lol

Lol, If you think the beginner drifting is hard, I can't wait till you get to the final drift mission. 🤣
Yes, the fear is real. I'm near the point of hiring someone to come round and gold the Drift's and 1st two cone missions. 😆😵‍💫

Apart from these I'm liking the difficulty of the game's tougher challenges. Much more fun than the overly easy parts with AI seemingly out for a leisurely drive than racing.

I have the patience and motivation (actually love it) to master the Green Hell/Heaven in various cars and conditions, but drifting just flattens me. For now.

Gold? Gold! You must be joking, took dozens of tries to get Bronze yesterday (if this is the Daytona one in the Mustang). I hate it.

Took ages to get stupid first cone one as well!

Forgive me if you are already doing most of this:
  • Use a controller (thanks @Oi Oi JC )
  • Be in Manual because your gear is incredibly important
  • Turn off all assists except ABS and TCS which you should default to 1 but you can test what works for you
  • Use the handbrake more than you likely are currently, it's not a button but a handle for a reason
  • Don't go too fast (I don't remember the exact run but in most of them you can go fast in the first section but need to slow a lot for the second)
  • Shift the brake force around, I think I chucked it all at the rear (you can use the in car computer for this)
I'm no master but I knocked these out in about an hour. I can't say I loved them but I wanted these and the cone challenges gone asap because they are not really my bag. Sadly, I still have Eco to do.
This was my advice from another post. I don't enjoy drifting and I wouldn't call it easy but this should help.

Naaaah, it isn't ;)

since the drift events back in GT6 i was shifting manually, so i thought: it worked for me in GT6. so, no reason to change it...
But after trying it ~20 minutes with disappointing results between 3100 - 3400 pts, i said to myself: why not try automatic transmission once?
And what should i say... 2nd try, easy 4k pts ;)

i prefer the chasing cam to drift bcs you've got a clear view of the movement and where it will go...
when u notice ur car can't keep/stay drifting use handbrake to correct your ankle and continue in transversed driving.

maybe you didnt know so far:
the bigger your drifting ankle = the more flags will appear
and more flags means a higher point multiplier

Hope i could help at least a little bit ;)
Using a handbrake to correct my ankle sounds pretty painful for some reason.
As far as the topic goes: I agree the drift missions are a huge pain. I tend to silver them after an hour of trying and if Im lucky, barely make gold.

I would say that they are the worst missions but...

...well, there are those traffic cones missions, so, traffic cones as the worst, by a landslide 😄

Even in real life, drifting is a thing, precision driving to avoid hitting cones also a thing. Hitting most cones as possible in the shortest period of time not a thing, as far as I'm aware.

I struggled with these also until I figured out you don't have to get that far sideways to drift in this game. It dose not take much kick out to start scoring and the smaller angles are much easier to hold and recover from. It took me about 4 tries after I stopped trying to kill it to get gold.

i've got another advice, that probably will help ;)

go to controller settings & change the "steering sensitivity" to 7

Last edited:
The BRZ drift mission will make you pull of every single hair on your body.

1000hp+ brz with a 4 speed transmission that lights up the wheels even in 4th gear.

The BRZ drift mission will make you pull of every single hair on your body.

1000hp+ brz with a 4 speed transmission that lights up the wheels even in 4th gear.

Use manual gears on the drifting missions, I managed it on a controller using □ + X if you're using auto it will ALWAYS have you in the wrong gear, will take a few tries but it was impossible to gold for me on auto, you'll get it man...

Use manual gears on the drifting missions, I managed it on a controller using □ + X if you're using auto it will ALWAYS have you in the wrong gear, will take a few tries but it was impossible to gold for me on auto, you'll get it man...
I did use manual, took me ages with the BRZ to get gold, your lines have to be perfect for the hairpin.
1,000+hp is too much for a drift car.

I did use manual, took me ages with the BRZ to get gold, your lines have to be perfect for the hairpin.
1,000+hp is too much for a drift car.
My bad, yeah they are a bit brutal. I found that the power made it easier for me on the BRZ I try and use as high a gear as possible as the points go mad. The Viper one is outrageous 😱 tried for ages using 3rd and 4th coming out of the hairpin.

Back