My GT2 story

Thanks blazingescudo I got the Tuscan and won both races and wqon the regular SLK race. For the Tuscan, the first race was at Grindelwald, and it had full power and kept spinning in the turn right before the straight and had to win on a pass in the final corner. Using the Speed 12 as my money maker for now because I'm running short on $$$. Tried to enter the Tuscan [R] in the GT300 and BIG FAIL happened. But that doesnt matter because I have the GT hall complete, Rally hall complete, 1 race in special events, 4 endurances, and a lot of manufacturer events.

Thanks blazingescudo I got the Tuscan and won both races and wqon the regular SLK race.

no problem.

Using the Speed 12 as my money maker for now because I'm running short on $$$.

Hey, don't we all?

Tried to enter the Tuscan [R] in the GT300 and BIG FAIL happened. But that doesnt matter because I have the GT hall complete, Rally hall complete, 1 race in special events, 4 endurances, and a lot of manufacturer events.

good then.

I did the GT300 several times...off the top of my head I remember an [R] BMW 328ci was really fun. Challenging.

Sounds like a plan. BMW 3-Series :) with a NA tune, light weight, Limited-Slip, Brakes, Muffler, CPU, Port Polish, Weight Stage 3, SS Tires, Racing Suspension, awesome. Played some GT today and quickly lost the urge (tiredness). Oh well, I get to the BMW tomorrow (if I remember).:ill:

I think the GT300 is one of the best race series of GT2 because even if you get pretty close to the horsepower limit, it's pretty challenging. Don't quote me on that though, it's been awhile. In other words, most races in GT2 can be taken with cars that are 50, 100, 150, even 200 hp below the limit. 💡 But the GT300 (I think) still takes alot of challenge even if your power is highish.

According to the note on my website, it's one of the few races where the Ai doesn't screw up by driving off-course alot. They "know the courses" really well, which means you gotta have your game on all the time.

I knew that when I tried it in a Subaru. Still having some problems right now with my want to play, and the fact that I need a life. Oh well I'm at 70% and....well it hasnt gotten any higher

Funny thing, that. When I discovered Gran Turismo at the age of 37, I didn't have a life either! But it was okay. GT filled that well enough until I started dating again, got a new job, etc

...matter of fact, I "blamed" Gran Turismo for my interest in my newer occupation (mechanic). I was in the printing business before that, which I always hated. If I never had played GT 7 years ago while nuring a broken heart in my black room full of christmas lights, I would have never thought to start doing something I like better (cars).

Well man I'm only 14 so having a life is more important to me. But that's great that GT pretty much made you a mechanic. I probably will end up like my uncle, who has a garage at his house and works on his own projects (currently a 1995 Chevy Caprice Cop Car with a 520hp small-block with NOS).
First time I went there, I was amazed at how big the garage was. It looks so small, but its ENDLESS.
But good story. It shows that GT is more than another silly video game.
Bet Forza can't do that....

And a Printing job? That hurts. Just glad I got out of Maryland. Or I'd be working there too!
:gtplanet:
And playing in a dark room with christmas lights? Sounds fun. :) All I know is that I'm only one year older than GT, yet before this year the only GT I played was GT4, which I still regard as the greatest driving game of all-time (GT5 won't even be higher, due to the fact that GT5 is just an advancement of the GT4 platform and the GT5P data combined. I wish I hadn't thrown out the PS2!!!

Ok Parnelli Bone, this [R]328Ci better work or else I'll come to your house and I'll give you a hint: I won't be giving you a hug.
Off to the GT300!

The 328Ci didn't work, but was a fun challenge. Winning in a 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI RS (jeez it's weird to say 1999, but not 2009?) with everything but the ECU Chip(HP regs) :ill:
Other than that just using Facebook to talk to someone. No more info will be given.

*shrugs* It worked for me, but I'm a superstar driver. :P You might wanna try one of the actual JGTC GT300-type cars perhaps.

Yeah I'm not one of those peoploe who can just Gold all the tests in one hour.
I'm like an average player whos been playing for years.
I am keeping the 328Ci because I love the car. You will get it when enter my virtual garage and steal it. And you can't doooo that so haha I win.
Okay most fun race I've ever had, GT300-Race 2 5 Laps at Laguna Seca.The Mitsu leaps with a pesence that JGTC can't posess, and swerves into Turn 1 with the lead, but right away nows who he's battling. The Daisin Silvia slams agaiunst the side of ADVAN Evo VI RS, and regains its lead. Turn 4, Hall (me) grabs the lead and speeds up the straight, only to be passed in turn 5. Heading into the corkscrew the rear doesn't bite and the car just barely hold on. Hall catches the Daisin in the final turn, heading up the straight, and gets passed AGAIN in Turn 1. They constantly swap the lead until Hall looks out the rear view and sees 2 Silvias! With one in front and one behind, they head into the corkscrew and barely gives enough nudge to spin the Silvia and hit the rest of the field! But the one behind was on Halls bumper at the Start/Finish on lap 2.Well the Silvia fell back but now the RE Amemiya RX-7 was even more ferocious. Pulling 110% through the corners, Hall cooks it in Turn 4 and into some dirt, allowing the RX-7 to gain even more ground. And now the Silvia finds way to Hall.
The only choice was to pull the most risky corkscrew blast ever. Slow down, hit the upper left before the turn, then blast through with the steering to the left to prevent spins. It worked! The cars look like specks in his mirrors. But the next 2 turns are lazy, and heading on the straight hes being tailed by a Silvia and FTO. But heading into the last lap, Hall's in 3rd! But the opening turns gives him the lead but the Silvia gos side by side in the final corner, and Hall finishes second. Wow, what an amzing race. Lucky for me, I still have my 2 point series lead.
After that race, I crushed at Deep Forest, then went to the Manual for Midfield, which was fun, then went Auto for the last race, won the series, sold the Celica I earned and I'm happy.

Last edited:
I think you have a cool little story building here. Its really nice to know that some people of a younger generation can still enjoy these games almost as much as I did when the games first came out. I dont want to sound like an old far (because im far from it) but I wouldnt expect a 14 y/o to enjoy GT1/2. Thats awesome!

Keep it up. 👍

My 14-year old nephew enjoys GT2 as well, although he has some probs getting past the pop-up and graphics because he doesn't know the tracks as well as I do and stuff.

But it is cool that not all kids & teens are so wowed by the latest-gen games that they ignore where it all started.

Yeah I still play games like GTA, Red Dead, Madden, but you won't find many days where I haven't pulled GT1/GT2 from my collection. I just love those games and I'll still play them until they crumble into pieces. And yes, that story just came to me because nobody was downstairs, so I had some free time to write it (if my sister read it, she'd embaress me). I was actually racing a lap, wrote down what happened, then raced the next lap, and then threw in my last name for good measure. And I finally won the GT300, yay.
But it is suprising that I play those games, the guy who works the game shop down the street must've been suprised when I bought GT1,GT2, and GT3 (which I can't play :(. And I've actually had an XBOX, but I just hate the bulky controller. Dualshock 3 is much more comfortable and practical.
I can't play GT yet, because as I'm writing this, my sister and her friend are sleeping and im trying my 🤬-hardest not to type too loud.
I'll get some time in later today, though.
And Parnelli Bone, what does "Pop Ups" mean? Just wondering.

Took a day off yesterday because of some extreme chores, so today I multi-tasked by watching The Hangover :cheers: and finished the entire West City manufacturer events. :cool: Going to work on the South City next as there's just too many races for the Japanese City events. :boggled:. Other than that I'm laughing my 🤬 off cause of this movie:lol: 👍
Other than that I'm just chilling. Later.

Currently working on winnig the GT All-Stars at Red Rock Valley Speedway numerous times so I can make lots of $$$. When you need most of the manufacturer events done, you need a lot of money.
Bought all the cars needed to win the East City events, now I have to tune them. Ugh.

Last edited:
Thats what I'm trying to do but some need Race Mods, so thats a chunk of money (I only had about 1.2 Million to buy all the cars and tune them, and I'm missing a few cars, such as the AZ-1). I'm at a good 78%, and I already won the Honda events, the R34 Skyline event (not to be confused with the GT-R event), RX-7 event, and the Alto Works race. And what are these "Race Generator" events? I have no clue what people are talking about.

Haven't played GT2, but my mom and stepdad left for the night, so I hooked my ps3 to moms HDTV and Home Stereo, played GTAIV and GT5 Prologue, and it gives me chills.

Hmm well I'm just sitting around did my first online races in months couple days ago, beat a Ford GT LM Spec II and a Mitsu Lancer EVO X/Tuned in a California (GT5P). Getting mad, check out Geo_212's "comment in the Enzo video, calling this game "a failure" and said GT4, GT5P, and GT5 have bad graphics. Hello! It's a youtube video. Ergghh.

It's better with the [R] Civics on the forward course. Before that I thought Rome-Night wasn't in Sim Mode. Doing a Comparo test so I'll have that posted either today or tomorrow. Hint: it was tough to find vehicles in countries other than Japan for this comparo

Well the Comparo I promised won't be done, but what will be done is GT2! I'm sitting at 92% (yes it's been forever since I told you the percent). I've nearly won every Japanese model race, take the Altezza Racing Model, the Celica Race and the Vitz Race. Also never did the Nissan GT-R Racing Model. Then it's to America for some Fords and Chevys. Last night was awful though, stayed up until 3am playing, lost the Altezza Racing Model twice in a Altezza 280T with a Stage 2 Turbo, finally just reached that point of not being able to play after I had gone on a bad streak were it took me 2 or 3 races just to win one race. I finished 2nd in that race. Problem is my controller is having an odd tendency to turn my car to the right on straightaways, so now I have to use the bad controller, which is missing all the top buttons and the analog stick peices are gone (now they are just 2 small things). WIsh I could return that controller, it's a light-up one from GameStop, and the soft padding for the analog sticks is tearing, the grips are peeling, and again, it wants to turn right. I'll be back later.

Yess!!! I have won all manufacturer events, which were the Celica Race, Vitz Race, that damned Altezza Race Mod, Mirage Cup, GT-R Race Mod, Ka Challenge, Focus Challenge, Neon Normal Race, and the Corvette Challenge. Here are my stats:
339 Days
253 Victories
336 Total Races
Win Ratio- 75.29%
Average Ranking- 1.23
Value of Cars- 4,074,517 Credits
Number of Cars:7
[R]1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Supercharger, 279hp
[R]1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS, 593hp
[R]1999 Dodge Intrepid ES, 505hp
[R]1998 Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (Esso, TS020), 672hp
[R]1999 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type RA Version VI, 466hp
[R]1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, 637hp
[R]1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, 642hp
Total Percent- 98.17%
5 Gold
49 Silver
6 Bronze

Last edited:
Congratz!
Now Gold all the Licenses. :crazy:
Did you ever buy the Subie 360?
Wait, wait, 98,17%????

Then, go to the GT League, go to Page 4, then there will be the Event Synthasizers. Win all 4 of them and you'll be at 100% :D
If there is'nt a 4th Page the the GT League then...you are gonna have to do the Super License! (it's not that hard)

Back