My Mom Has Cancer! (Need Advice)!

• Thread starter Chris30
  • 35 comments
Absolutely crazy.
What is? Anyways, thank you guys for the advice but it's really my mom's decision and the doctor's what they decide to do. I'm just supporting and loving her every step of the way. Please keep praying though and sending positive vibes. Thank you for the support, at least you all care more than my unsupportive grandparents. I never thought this would happen, but I got fooled. I need to step up and be the man I'm supposed to be.

Last edited:
Absolutely crazy.

I think it works that way mainly because the most common way to wind up in the ER is through a car accident. If you snap your leg in half, you'll need to be admitted to be put back together in the morning. Health plans will concede admissions like these because it's the auto insurance that will be the primary payor for the incurred medical expenses. But, of course, it leaves an open door for people to game the system. The hospital loses money but that's the trade-off they make in exchange for sovereign immunity.

Last edited:
What is? Anyways, thank you guys for the advice but it's really my mom's decision and the doctor's what they decide to do. I'm just supporting and loving her every step of the way. Please keep praying though and sending positive vibes. Thank you for the support, at least you all care more than my unsupportive grandparents. I never thought this would happen, but I got fooled. I need to step up and be the man I'm supposed to be.
The main thing you will have to do is to be there to support your mom whatever her decision she chooses.

Praying for you and your ma, Chris. Stay strong.

Lean on the community some more if you need help, looks like some members here are pretty well versed on the US medical system.

I've lived in the UK all my life so the thought of having to do that to access care is really sad. Good luck and keep us posted.

I've lived in the UK all my life so the thought of having to do that to access care is really sad. Good luck and keep us posted.
Having lived in the UK with the NHS and with for profit health care here in Thailand, I can honestly say I prefer the latter. That said, the medical care here is top tier, like 4th in the world or something.

Back