NASCAR in GT5!

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,700 comments
United States
Thousand Oaks
GTP_Masicampo
Sorry if people already know this, but yah...

Im a closet NASCAR fan and i think its great that they included the series in :)
I hope they include atleast one more Oval track, specifically, Lowe's motor speedway. Now i just wonder if we can use the Cars on all the tracks in game. Maybe even a test run on the Top Gear test track. Sweet.

Im not a closet nascar fan I love this! No wonder EA didnt make a NASCAR 2010! This is going to be one of my favorite features!

I'm so pleased with this news. From the trailer I gather there were only 15 cars on the track what will happen to the other 28? Will you be able to choose the 15 or is it random? Have polyphony only selected 15 cars from the series?

So many questions!

I would hazard a guess that they have added a for more oval tracks. Bristol maybe? :)

I don't care much about NASCAR, but I'm sure some people here do, so good for them. I'm more interested in the inclusion of WRC. :D

Stupid type of racing. Left turn, what's next? Left tuuurn.

LOL, you have no clue. Ignorance is bliss, or maybe just ignorance. Put your head back in the sand and make a thread bitching about Nascar being in the game, or maybe making a Poll will help you feel better. The rest of us will enjoy FINALLY having a Nascar game that is half decent.

I don't like Nascar but I'm sure with the physics we've seen in oval racing in Prologue, that it will be challenging, close quarters racing. I bet it'll be a blast.

I see a problem with the trailer. Go look at the pack on daytona. How many Dale Jr cars do you see and Jeff gordon cars do you see... :(

I see a problem with the trailer. Go look at the pack on daytona. How many Dale Jr cars do you see and Jeff gordon cars do you see... :(

I only see one duplicate; Dupont badging on two cars. Different color scheme though.

Yeah, this thread is already useless, too many little whiners, too much ego, too much stupid. Buh-Bye!

Last edited:
I am really intruiged to see what tracks a NASCAR series would race at for GT5 given the limited number of NASCAR tracks (assumed) in the game.

I only see one duplicate; Dupont badging on two cars. Different color scheme though.

I saw three Dale Jr cars and two Jeff Gordon cars. all different scemes but none the less I hope they have rights on 43 cars.

Im stoked for the NASCAR content! and of course WRC, Le mans, Super GT ext.

Great thing about the inclusion of NASCAR, even for the non-fans is the chance for even bigger grids. I definitely saw more than 16 cars running full speed at IMS 👍

I wonder what car we will win for winning the championship..Richard Petty's superbird would be awesome.

The only cars I saw seemed to be the the NAPA #55, DuPont #24, National Guard #88, Lowe's #48, FedEx #11, and Old Spice #14, with various paintjobs filling the sixteen car field. CoTs are damn near identical anyway, so it's nice to see that they have done enough to have a fully "unique" field.

Edit: All we see from Indianapolis is the pit lane, the cars shown running are at Daytona, and there are only sixteen of them.

I agree, go play Forza :lol:

With pleasure! Seeing the a sim Ive loved and supported from day one appeal to the lowest form of motor sport there is leaves me no choice.

Vintage Nascar would have been great, but this uninspired mess of clones turning left 95% of the time is to much wasted space, even on a 50gb blue-ray.👎

i found an error in the citroen is spinning out on one of the frames the front fender goes inside of the corvette

when theres 20 or so cars on the track and one of the only ways of getting around someone is by drafting like a pro while keeping your speed, i'm sure at some point it gets intense

Back