NASCAR in GT5!

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,700 comments
I'm not a fan of NASCAR but I think this is a very good move to attract Americans who didn't buy GT4. Plus it gives the game more variety and wider appeal. WRC is great too.

I'll look forward to try some NASCAR, PD quality!

I highly doubt we see anymore than 10 Oval tracks, and thats a pretty forgiving estimate in and of itself. To the guys who said 35, keep in mind that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series only runs on 22 tracks

I actually did notice both Jeff Gordon's 2009 and 2008 paint schemes. The 2008 was just yellow. Oh my god I can't wait for this.

GT mobile has 35 tracks... so if GT5 has 70+ tracks... that means 70-35= 35 nascar tracks sweet!

I'll be surprised if there is more than 5 on the disc. Leave the rest for DLC, that leaves me with some hope for some BTCC DLC and some on-disc content too :D

What is giving folks reason to believe that the proper licenses were only recently acquired by PD? How can we know that they have not had these licenses from the time GT5:P was released or perhaps even earlier?

Its going to be a helluva lot of fun to wheel the NASCAR COTs around the international tracks, just like the old days. Memories of NASCAR on Motegi come to mind, which will be awesome to re-create, not to mention running it on some of the big European tracks as well.

Who knows? Things could get interesting trying to run a COT against a car from another series. I look forward to it!

not a big fan of GT including nascar/f1 cars reason is there're better off making a proper nascar sim/f1 sim/rally based on the GT engine with all cars and tracks.

What is giving folks reason to believe that the proper licenses were only recently acquired by PD? How can we know that they have not had these licenses from the time GT5:P was released or perhaps even earlier?

EA's exclusivity license just ended earlier this year.

Eh, I'm meh on NASCAR, but to tell the truth, hurdling down the Daytona oval at 190mph is a real kick in the pants. And it beats the stuffing out of truck racing or drifting.

Well in the trailer you can clearly see the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It's written in one of the flags right next to the one that says Polyphony Digital and the American Flag. That's another Nascar track right there ;)

I'm thinking that they've been working on the cars for a while, considering the Toyotas are 2008 models and paints.
And the Chevy's are looking like what the Chevy's were thought to look like in January (The grill on the bottom, for example), aswell as there being 2008 Chevy schemes with the 2008 Grill layout.

From,
Chris.

Anyone see the humor in this pic?
cv0001.jpg

I think both configurations have been confirmed(at least according the official track list here).

Well now that PD has NASCAR and the #55 Napa car, they need to hire Michael Waltrip as the US spokesperson. I mean he could sell milk to a dairy farmer.:D

Well now that PD has NASCAR and the #55 Napa car, they need to hire Michael Waltrip as the US spokesperson. I mean he could sell milk to a dairy farmer.:D

He will get it in every interview no matter what even when he is commentating.:lol:

I am not a NASCAR fan. However, after seeing it in the trailer earlier today, I completely came around. GT5 might even turn me into a NASCAR fan.

There's another reason why I'm happy about the series being included in GT5. Gran Turismo is going to attract a much larger audience now that PD has got the official license, which is going to speak for itself when the sales numbers finally come out. I'm excited at the thought of seeing new players come to GT.

I expect Sony to advertise NASCAR's inclusion heavily in the U.S. - they would be stupid not to. The WRC official license is going to produce a similar effect in Europe.

I'm sure they will have advertising spots during NASCAR races as it gets closer to the release date whenever that may be.

Hi Dave, from the PSforums, same name.

Just ignore the NASCAR haters

They think because they hate it everyone else does

If NASCAR sucks so much why is there a thread about it's inclusion and not a thread about the WRC's inclusion?

That's right. Because NASCAR is huge in America, and PD including it in GT5 is a genius move to boost North American sales

And anyone who thinks driving these cars will be boring is out of their mind

820 horsepower (far more then any car in GT5P)
3400 lbs
Primitive downforce and narrow tires on the front and back

How easy do you think that will be to drive anywhere, oval or roadcourse?

These cars are gonna be a beast to drive. You WILL have to lift at Daytona (240mph) if they don't put a restrictor plate on them like they do in real life that take the horsepower from 820 to 450 and reduce the top speed to 200mph.

Some say, what tracks would they race on?

Race 1 - Daytona
Race 2 - High Speed Ring
Race 3 - Infinieon Stock Car Course
Race 4 - Indianapolis
Race 5 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval
Race 6 - High Speed Ring Reverse

Hopefully PD includes a short track, Martinsville or Bristol, and maybe Lowes Motorspeedway and it would be complete.

Just ignore the NASCAR haters

They think because they hate it everyone else does

If NASCAR sucks so much why is there a thread about it's inclusion and not a thread about the WRC's inclusion?

That's right. Because NASCAR is huge in America, and PD including it in GT5 is a genius move to boost North American sales

And anyone who thinks driving these cars will be boring is out of their mind

820 horsepower (far more then any car in GT5P)
3400 lbs
Primitive downforce and narrow tires on the front and back

How easy do you think that will be to drive anywhere, oval or roadcourse?

These cars are gonna be a beast to drive. You WILL have to lift at Daytona (240mph) if they don't put a restrictor plate on them like they do in real life that take the horsepower from 820 to 450 and reduce the top speed to 200mph.

Some say, what tracks would they race on?

Race 1 - Daytona
Race 2 - High Speed Ring
Race 3 - Infinieon Stock Car Course
Race 4 - Indianapolis
Race 5 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval
Race 6 - High Speed Ring Reverse

Hopefully PD includes a short track, Martinsville or Bristol, and maybe Lowes Motorspeedway and it would be complete.

You forgot Suzuka East.

-> So far the only cars featured in the trailer are all Chevy's (Impala) and Toyota's (Camry). So far so good; Maybe at TGS or any game/car shows in between would add Dodge's (Charger) and Ford's (Fusion). ;)

~> Although I want to see the Black No.3 just the heck of it:

dale-earnhardt-the-intimidator-of-stock-car-racing-medium_3.jpg

Back