Calgary
MajikTom

majikt15.jpg

NASCAR vs Tuner Challenge
Saturday Nights

images
images

Next race:
06:00GMT Sunday Morning December 9th, 01:00EST (GMT-5)
Suzuka
- 18 laps
Qualifications @ 01:00EST for 15 minutes
Race Start @ 01:15EST​

tabcar10.jpg

Any NASCAR (open regs)
Any Tuned Street Car (657 PP)

Tuner:
Any vehicle in the automotive community that has a reputation for having a performance-oriented modification-friendly platform. Typically, modification paths fall into one of two categories (or both): improving the engine's power output and/or improving the cars suspension/braking system. Sometimes weight reduction is performed to gain a better Power/Weight ratio. Examples of these cars in the US include the Toyota Supra, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Dodge Neon SRT4, the 1979-2004 Ford Mustangs, and many pre-1974 "muscle cars" from US manufacturers.

- No Open Wheel Cars
- No Race Cars
- No 'Concept' cars
- No Prototypes

tabreg10.jpg

657 PP
No Boost, No Aids, ABS=1
Tyres: Open
Tyre wear: Normal
Damage: Light
Penalties: Weak
Slip: Weak
Grip: Real

tabrul10.jpg

OLR Rules apply, race clean or go home.

Point System
1 : 25 Points
2 : 18 Points
3 : 15 Points
4 : 12 Points
5 : 10 Points
6 : 8 Points
7 : 6 Points
8 : 4 Points
9 : 2 Points
10 : 1 Point

Bonus Points: 3 points for pole position and 2 points for fastest lap

Only Paired Top Rivals Score Points
If there is an uneven number of NASCAR vs Tuners, only the top paired Rivals count for points.
e.g.:
3 NASCARS and 6 Tuners
All NASCARS score points, while only the top 3 Tuners score points.

Race Results
Trial Mountain - (December 2nd)
👍
Tuners: 30
NASCARS: 18

Pole: MajikTom
Fastest Lap: MajikTom (1:19.121)
1st: MajikTom (McLaren F1)
2nd: GianDoe (2011 Juan Montoya)

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Not sure if you'll get enough sign ups in a day however.

History behind the idea:

Hope you enjoyed the USGP yesterday Art, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Seriously though, it was an amazing race. BTW American football is amazing and while I don't watch NASCAR because ovals are boring to drive in GT5, no less watch, I will say watching and racing NASCAR on street tracks is fing amazing.

I love racing against GT or highly tuned sports cars and destroying them with NASCARs in GT5. Like the ZR1 vs GTR thing we did last week (where the ZR1 lost one race all night) if someone wants to try to beat me in one of my NASCARs I'm game. A NASCAR is faster than most tuner and race cars in the game if you can tame the beast... if anyone would like a demonstration vs your best I'm happy to provide one. :sly: There's no replacement for displacement, just need a good driver to get the power down!

Ok, I'll take some of that action.

I'm calling you out...

You, your NASCAR, me and my Tuner:
Trail Mountain
December 1st, 2012, 00:30EST
14 laps
No restrictions
No Aids, ABS=1
Tyre wear: Normal
Grip: Real
Damage: Heavy
Slip: Weak

On the Line: Birthday Ticket

Further communication by PM

Good Luck!

GianDoe didn't show up...
Now I'm putting this out there without hijacking the original thread as a challenge to all.
Can Gian Doe beat all Tuners?
Let's see...

Last edited:
Sorry, I was doing a F1 Monaco 78 lapper, it ran over-time (started late).
Racetime revise 30 mins late:
Room open
1472-6399-8408-2427-9181
q in 10 minutes

Now we know the tuner is faster at trial mountain and NASCAR is faster at Suzuka. Great racing get back to the room Tom mr e is with us now.

Format was changed since only GianDoe and MajikTom participated. GianDoe blew away all other Tuners while he was waiting for the challenge to start.
Since it wound up being a 1 on 1 Shootout, we decided to run 3 sprint races at same 657PP (I was originally tuned for 675PP).

Results: Tuners (MajikTom) won 3/3 Sprint races, with all fastest laps and a margin of about .5 seconds per lap.

Seems either the NASCAR cannot keep up with my McLaren F1 in the mountains, or GianDoe needs more practice.

GianDoe wound up challenging the next track: Suzuka. We raced a few spot races and they were close each of us winning one or the other, but we didn't manage to get good laps in. A week of practice and tuning for Suzuka could be a good close battle. My McLaren was fine-tuned for Trial Mountain and GianDoe didn't come prepared, he ran the NASCAR stock.

Hey if more people get into this, we may keep it going every Saturday night...

Next week we run 18 laps at Suzuka. Join us!

I must say, it was fun!

Last edited:
Seems either the NASCAR cannot keep up with my McLarren F1 in the mountains, or GianDoe needs more practice.

I must say, it was fun!

A ton of fun, Schumacher himself couldn't catch that F1 at trial mountain, it was heaps faster than the NASCAR. There was no part of the track where it seemed to have an advantage in the slightest.

Tracks where the downforce comes into play, high speed turns, seem to favor the nascar. It seems tracks with low speed turns and/or long straights favor the McLaren. But it was very close at Suzuka, both cars around the 1:53/54 mark with only a slight edge to the nascar. A tuned nascar would be about a second faster if I had to guess. I highly recommend people give it a try if you're reading this, it's epic fun!

Thanks again for the book recommendations Tom, much appreciated. See you soon!

Back