Neon

• Thread starter duhuh
  • 67 comments
lol, I'm just messing arond. ^^

Although I hope it's fake - I put a lot of work into that picture! All my complaining and hard work will be for naught, and shiz! :scared:

I don't care, either way. If you want to make your car sparkly and glowy, go ahead. Some people like that. It's your battery life.

GT4 is just a game. It's going to be fun, and it's going to try to be fun for as many people as possible - hence the inclusion of D1 machines. If they have neons, whoopdeedoo. I doubt my battery will fail me during a wide sweeper in-game, anyway.

Everyone wants this series to live up to reality, but only selectively. Ricing is part of real-life car culture, people. You have to take the "bad" with the good.

👍

Why would you have Mugen on a Nismo? Or is that part of the joke :)

Personally I don't like Ricers at all. In my opinion every part that doesn't improve perfomance just adds unnecessary weight. But still I belive the Blitz Skyline has this Neon in the front grill. I don't like it much though.

Its photoshopped, put it in photoshop and zoom in on any of the light effects, and its a lot larger blocks of color, than the rest of the picture. I don't know the technical words, might be pixels, but its definetly enhanced with a bigger brush than should have been used....

Have to say, it's a pretty good chop if it is one. It's quite tidy. The blockiness could just be due to Polyphony not giving the same amount of detail to the light as too the car body itself. Dunno though. Not fussed either way, but won't knock it if it's there.

Yeah, it sure looks clean to me. It would be hard to make it look that smooth in photoshop.

donbenni
Have to say, it's a pretty good chop if it is one. It's quite tidy. The blockiness could just be due to Polyphony not giving the same amount of detail to the light as too the car body itself. Dunno though. Not fussed either way, but won't knock it if it's there.

All polygons of a screenshot or replay should be the same, as the whole picture is taken in a single resolution as I believe. Pulling it up in photoshop and checkingthe pixel blocks would indicate a tamper after the actual photo has been taken and edited.

NOW I see what you mean! That's artifacting, it can be expected when you save the image from a PS2. Also, the sharp change in color leaves it a little more vulnerable to artifacting than the rest of the image, which is mainly dark.

PunkRock
You know, I've watched a few Option videos lately, and it came to my mind these D1 cars are nothing more than showcars that receive some abuse. I've seen cars with strobe lights installed in place of regular ones (the Top Secret S15 comes to mind) so neons wouldn't surprise me at all.

well Drifting isnt so much about out and out speed now is it. ive been to a few of the UKD1 events myself and enjoyed them immensely i might add. drifting isnt a motorsport but an exhibition of both cars and driving skill.

personally i like to think drifting is more about the pinnacle of car handling and control therof. but im not adversed to a bit of showmanship. though from my experience drift cars tend not to be that heavily "riced" apart from a few sponsorship logos and the occasional lighting kit (headlamps not neons) the rest of the modifications are usually performance related. definatley no room for garish clunky bodykits. infact its not uncommon to see the bodywork of some of the cars in a dissasembled state, removing spoilers, bumpers, bonnets and so on.

your man on the street with twice his cars bodyweight in extras however, is just a tasteless heathen that should be run over by his own twisted creation. or better yet crushed in his car in a junkyard killing two birds with one stone :)

Is it so hard to anyone with the game come here and explain it for us? :confused:

(I've been using this smilie too often here...)

For all of you debating if that is a photoshop or not...I believe it is not..I just searched through a bunch of new photos and there is another photomode shot of the BLITZ skyline (the same one) from a different angle still with neon

The least PD could have done is make the neons look good.

{EDIT}Sprite, did you spill yellow paint under that thing?{/EDIT}

TenTen-san
lol, I'm just messing arond. ^^

Although I hope it's fake - I put a lot of work into that picture! All my complaining and hard work will be for naught, and shiz! :scared:

I don't care, either way. If you want to make your car sparkly and glowy, go ahead. Some people like that. It's your battery life.

GT4 is just a game. It's going to be fun, and it's going to try to be fun for as many people as possible - hence the inclusion of D1 machines. If they have neons, whoopdeedoo. I doubt my battery will fail me during a wide sweeper in-game, anyway.

Everyone wants this series to live up to reality, but only selectively. Ricing is part of real-life car culture, people. You have to take the "bad" with the good.

👍

That's what I'm talking about, people are fools when they sweat such small stuff.

It's like OMG I CAN'T TAKE THIS, THE HAVE THE AUTUMN RING REVERSE BUT NOT FOWARDS IM GOING TO DIE AHHH :scared:

In the D1GP Championship there is a current trend for putting neon lights on the cars, both under the sills and in the grill area like on the Blitz ER34 picture so it is likely that it is not photoshopped.

There is an article in the latest issue of SPEED (Australian import car magazine) on the last D1 round. Nearly all of the cars have neons. There is however one small picture of the Blitz R34 vs an AE86. The AE86 clearly had neons but the R34 was a bit blurred. The same neons that are in the GT4 picture are faintly present.

Ten
While we're at it, here's one I found on the GT4 homepage! ZOMG IT'S REAL I SWARE!!!

That's nothing! This AMG job was recently press released by Kaz.... Yes.

Benz01.bmp

Yup. Every pic I see of the ER34 in the dark has those blue neons. They is real, as far as I stand. Now go back to page one, read all my arguments against them, and laugh at me. :dunce:

Back